Established in 1955, Thai Yang Kitpaisan Co., Ltd. originally
manufactured technical rubber for the automotive replacement
market. However, Thai Yang Kitpaisan has since expanded into
a group of companies and diversified into V-belts and power
transmission belts, pistons, gaskets, oil seals and automotive
filters. Of these, the company’s core business is currently
automotive and industrial filters.
For decades, Thai Yang Kitpaisan has been recognised as Thailand’s
leading manufacturer of quality oil, fuel and air filters,
which are distributed as follows:
• 35 per cent to OEM & OES in the automotive industry.
Customers include: Toyota, Mazda, Suzuki, Nissan Diesel, Kubota,
Hitachi and Hyundai.
• 25 per cent exported to: the U.S.A., U.K., Germany, Belgium,
Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, China and Singapore, as well as the
• 40 per cent to the ‘after market’, under Black Clubs, Tora
and customers’ brands.
Aiming to carry on with what it has started, Thai Yang Kitpaisan
intends to maintain its status as the leading manufacturer
and exporter of automotive filters and spare parts for many
years to come.
Thai Yang Kitpaisan Co., Ltd.’s innovative plant, located
in Phra Pradaeng, Samut Prakan, boasts an interior production
of 22,500 sq.m. This is divided into:
• Parts plant 6,000 sq.m.
• Tooling plant 1,000 sq.m.
• Assembly plant 8,000 sq.m.
• Warehouse 7,500 sq.m.
With its extensive production area, Thai Yang Kitpaisan employs
some 550 well-trained staff, who work a two-shift schedule.
It is this combination of a state-of-the-art manufacturing
facility with unrivalled workmanship that has enabled the
company to produce a staggering 10 million filters per year,
• 65 per cent are oil filters
• 25 per cent are fuel filters
• 10 per cent are air filters
Thailand’s abundant labour force also makes possible inspections
and random tests at each stage of production. Finished filters
go through a 100 per cent quality control inspection, before
they are packed and shipped.
Quality system achievements
• Standard process flow inspections, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA
• Incoming, in-process & outgoing inspection, and supplier
• Standard filter laboratory testing (durability, by-pass,
drain-back, efficiency, media size and strength, flow rate
and pressure drop, etc.)
• ISO/TS 16949:2002 by TUV Rheinland Thailand Ltd.
• Pressure, dimension, temperature and mass.
• TIS-872-1989 (equivalent to JISD1611) product certification
from the Thai Industrial Standards Institute.
• ISO/IEC 17025:1999 laboratory accreditation “Calibration
0048” and “Testing 0115” by the Thai Laboratory Accreditation
Reliability and traceability
Thai Yang Kitpaisan’s quality control laboratory (QC lab)
was accredited by the Thai Laboratory Accreditation Scheme
(TLAS) and received the ISO/IEC 17025:1999 and TIS 17025-2543
(2000) for calibration in June 2003. The company’s QC lab
testing techniques are in accordance with the Japanese Industrial
• Oil filters (JISD1611)
• Air filters (JISD1612)
• Fuel filters (JISD1617)