Bangkok Post » Post Blogs
Monday, June 28, 2010
One month on: A brief reflection
Is everything back to normal? What's the definition of normalcy anyway? One month after the May 19 incident, all is smooth on the surface -- perhaps we have even forgotten -- but underneath the carpet the cracks are real.
When we walk the street we hear chatters of joy but listen carefully, maybe the noise, the cacophony, the recalcitrant nightmare, are still audible, faint and unreal and pushed to the background. I found some footage from the Bangkok Post's multimedia department and put together this clip, as an afterthought.
This post has 20 feedbacks awaiting moderation...
Leave a comment
Recent posts by this blogger
Recent reader comments
- mr.meldrew on One month on: A brief reflection
- pierre corso on Pre-Cannes (and the scourge of volcanic ash)
- Pierre Laburthe on Pre-Cannes (and the scourge of volcanic ash)
- nestor fermin on New Facebook group: We're sick of the Ministry of Culture
- Wilard Van De Bogart on New Facebook group: We're sick of the Ministry of Culture