Biomass plant closed after gas leak
- Published: 11 Jun 2013 at 22.18
- Online news:
TRANG ― The Industrial Works Department on Tuesday shut down a biomass power plant in the southern province and ordered its owners to improve safety measures for workers after an engineer from New Zealand and a Thai staff died in a gas leak accident.
Nattapon Nattasomboon, the department’s director-general, issued the order after he inspected the Plan Eco Energy Co construction site in Yan Ta Khao district, where the accident occurred on early Monday morning.
Two men, Michael Coppins, a 36-year-old New Zealand engineer and Rot Singdam, 31, a Thai employee, tried to save a husband and wife who had passed out due to a gas leak from a ventilation shaft measuring three-metres wide and 15m high.
This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.