PTT Global Chemical and Thaioil Public Co Ltd (TOP) have been added to the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices, bringing the total of Thai firms on the indices to four.
PTTCG was included in DJSI World and TOP was put in the newly-established DJSI Emerging Markets, the Stock Exchange of Thailand said on Thursday.
They join Siam Cement Group and PTT which were included in the world indices last year.
SET executive vice president Bordin Unakul welcomed the move by Dow Jones to bring the Thai-listed companies into the indexes.The inclusion in the indices would make the firms more attractive for local and foreign investors and showed their commitment in doing their business with social and environmental responsibilities, he said.
The indices are selected from more than 3,000 firms around the world by Dow Jones to reflect sustainability of their business operations.
Latest stories in this category:
- Protests sap confidence in economy
- Thai shipyard firm upgrades Dubai driller
- Pruksa shakes hands over prefabricated toilet deal
- Protests douse year-end celebrations
- Rice inventories jump as exports climb
- Protests fail to deter foreign banks
- How do you prefer to think, Work, Interact and live? (Part 1)
- Tsuruha diagnoses healthy expansion for Thailand