Search found 29 matches

Return to advanced search

Re: Double pricing system in Thailand

Not much different in the USA. I am a resident of Texas but work in California. I pay about 5 times more for a fishing license. If I went to college here it would be a much higher tuition rate. State parks have a higher entry fee for a non-resident as well. In Thailand I pay the 50 baht to enter Wa...
by overhaul38
on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:08 pm
 
Forum: Domestic / cross cultural issues - Thai / Foreigner concerns
Topic: Double pricing system in Thailand
Replies: 473
Views: 620046

Re: Do you speak English Khun Noy?

Kuhn Noy should apply for Thai citizenship or residency if she want to experience bureaucracy at it finest.
by overhaul38
on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:49 am
 
Forum: Thai news stories
Topic: Do you speak English Khun Noy?
Replies: 122
Views: 584119

Re: Farang cannot know Thai-ness

Too bad this is the English forum, 98% of all Thais that come to the Bangkok Post will never read this, the other 2% will shrug their shoulders and quietly say "see farrang no understand" I've seen grown women refuse to stay in a house alone for fear of Ghosts(???) I've seen grown men ref...
by overhaul38
on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:58 am
 
Forum: Living in Thailand - adjusting + settling in
Topic: Farang cannot know Thai-ness
Replies: 310
Views: 956093

Re: Farang cannot know Thai-ness

PONSASINOR.
It seem you have found your niche.
I am sure your highly intelligent countrymen, Maori and the sheep miss you.
by overhaul38
on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:28 am
 
Forum: Living in Thailand - adjusting + settling in
Topic: Farang cannot know Thai-ness
Replies: 310
Views: 956093

Re: Farang cannot know Thai-ness

oilyrag wrote:All farang have a simple choice, if you don't like Thai culture get a plane back home or somewhere you will be happier. For me I love the place and the people, I will be staying!!


Love it or leave it! Works every time. I am sure I will never see a post from you complaining about anything.
by overhaul38
on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:42 pm
 
Forum: Living in Thailand - adjusting + settling in
Topic: Farang cannot know Thai-ness
Replies: 310
Views: 956093

Re: Farang cannot know Thai-ness

a bit like the yanks............ dont know much about their own country and even less about the rest of the world! pity..... You cannot post anything without some cretin taking the opportunity to bash the YANKS. I suppose you could pass a quiz on world politics, geography, ethics, language, or even...
by overhaul38
on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:41 pm
 
Forum: Living in Thailand - adjusting + settling in
Topic: Farang cannot know Thai-ness
Replies: 310
Views: 956093

Re: RE: RE: Why do ONLY foreigners get special promotion?

I've never been completely sure about why exactly this "special" treatment exists. I''ve never found it in Indonesia - for example - where I used to travel a lot. Nor in Malaysia. Nor Singapore. Nor in Cambodia, Laos. I can only compare it to Japanese racism - but Thais have always seemed...
by overhaul38
on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:37 am
 
Forum: Domestic / cross cultural issues - Thai / Foreigner concerns
Topic: Why do ONLY foreigners get special promotion?
Replies: 81
Views: 254969

Re: Farangs Barred From Buying Thai Land

Seems to me that if I freely make a cash gift to my GF that money becomes her's to do with as she will. At best it may be taxable (under English law it is taxable if I die inside of 7 years from making the gift). If she then decides to buy a house and invites me to live in it with her, that is abso...
by overhaul38
on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:27 am
 
Forum: Buying property + home in Thailand : issues + guidelines
Topic: Re: Farangs Barred From Buying Thai Land
Replies: 44
Views: 225250

Re: Do you speak English Khun Noy?

Comment from Khun Pampan Well, this regulation is both fair and unfair. I am one of the Thai women who is about to marry a German guy. The unfair point for me is that, I graudated with bachelor degree from the USA and double master degrees from the Netherlands and I still have to pass a German test...
by overhaul38
on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:36 am
 
Forum: Thai news stories
Topic: Do you speak English Khun Noy?
Replies: 122
Views: 584119

Re: The prospective In-laws

I witnessed a scene that I found interesting. I was eating dinner in a restaurant on Ramhamhang Road in Bangkok and observed a family eating at an adjacent table. There was a Thai woman and her Western husband/boyfriend. They were sitting with, what was obviously, the Thai woman's mother, father and...
by overhaul38
on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:22 pm
 
Forum: Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required
Topic: The prospective In-laws
Replies: 47
Views: 51524
Next

Return to advanced search