Permanent Residence Permit ?

Permanent Residence Permit ?

Postby skyaslimit on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:14 am

I never wrote to this forum before but there is a very big question mark in my mind regarding the anouncments of yearly PR here in Thailand which I applied three Prime ministers ago since then I am getting 180 days extentions regularly but no results, why is that ? I also search all the official web sites regarding the matter regularly but to no avail, my children were in the school at the time of application and interview now the eldest one is in 2nd year of engginering university and the other one will follow shortly.
So any one has any information about the annoncments of Permanent Residance Permits from the years 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 onwards please share with me.
skyaslimit

Re: Permanent Residance Permit ?

Postby Eggmeng on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:55 am

I have a close friend in the same situation, (not it's not me.) Her best guess is that her application is sitting in a pile on some desk at the Ministry of the Interior, where they are unlikely to make any decisions when they don't know from month to month who they will answer to.

She is so frustrated having spent so much time and money, she no longer cares if she gets PR. Given the current state of things, I would probably feel the same in her place.
Eggmeng

Postby ocum36 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:10 am

CAN I GET A THAI GREEN CARD FOR 10 YEARS LIKE THAI PEOPLE IN THE U.S. ? AND WHAT IS THE COST ?
I PLAN ON RETIRING THERE SOON. OR LIVE FOR6 MONTHS IN THE U.S. AND 6 MONTHS IN BKK.

ANY GOOD INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
ocum36

Postby overhaul38 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:48 am

Can you say tea money? Money solves a multitude of problems.
overhaul38

Postby skyaslimit on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:25 am

Hey Guys,

Its been three months since I posted my query and you know what, now I have found a lot of people who are going through the same fate as mine, a bunch of people from the class of 2006, (thats what we use to call it now) waiting for the announcement for PR since 2006. :roll:

If any one else want to meet all of us, then please visit http://www.thaivisa.com/forum .
skyaslimit

Postby terry on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:40 pm

by skyaslimit on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:25 am

Hey Guys,

Its been three months since I posted my query and you know what, now I have found a lot of people who are going through the same fate as mine, a bunch of people from the class of 2006, (thats what we use to call it now) waiting for the announcement for PR since 2006.

It seems those of us who have applied for PR will get it when we get it !
No matter how much or long we discuss this topic, it will not hasten the process.

Lets not worry too much. When we do get it, it will be a pleasant surprise.
terry

Postby skyaslimit on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Any progress? Any one on this forum?
skyaslimit

Postby bobbyd on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:39 am

by skyaslimit on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Any progress? Any one on this forum?

If and when the interior minister signs off the PR forms, you'll hear about it. It will be big news as no one has been approved for 3 or 4 years now!
bobbyd

Postby Mayru on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:59 pm

I forgot to renew my residence permit. What to do to solve the problem since I don't work anymore? are they going to kick me out?
Mayru

Postby bobbyd on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:32 am

by Mayru on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:59 pm

I forgot to renew my residence permit. What to do to solve the problem since I don't work anymore? are they going to kick me out?

YOu'll have to get a new visa of your choice as your Residency Permit is no longer valid!

As you don't work, you won't have a work permit, which you know one is required to have for at least 3 years before one can apply for PR.

They won't kick you out, but you'll be back on a system of having to leave every 60 or 90 days unless you have a retirement visa or you are married to a Thai, which I believe allows you to report to immigration once a year.
bobbyd

Next

Return to Visa / work permit / resident / citizenship / dual passport - what's required