Can't recommend True Internet Company

Can't recommend True Internet Company

Postby len on Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:49 pm

True Internet stopped working in the afternoons from Jan 22 to 26, 2014 in Sukhumvit area for about 30 to 60 minutes, although I had no idea about the length of time service would be off, as I wasn’t notified.

People work from home. I can accept it happening for 1 day, but without any notice, 5 days?

Saw another complaint in the Post Bag section (below) on February 2

NOT TRUE TO ITS WORD
I have been working in Thailand for eight years and have always used True Online's internet service.
On Jan 23, the telephone line and internet service to my condominium in the Bangkok subdistrict of Chong Nonsi went dead and is still down.
Over the next 10 days residents of the condo phoned True and were given various assurances the lines would be reconnected either ''within hours'' or ''a few days''.
I wonder how long True can keep treating its customers so shabbily and get away with it?
Sincerely,
Losing Faith

True has buried it’s head in the sand and is keeping quiet about the incident. No apology, no token of appreciation for being a loyal member gift or reduced fees (heavens no) is coming??

Can’t say I’ll recommend them to anyone else. Shame they don’t seem to have good business sense. CP Group as well!

Any recommendations for other ISPs?
len

Re: Can't recommend True Internet Company

Postby ajarnchan on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:35 pm

I use DTac because it is much more reliable, but they all fail now and then. My work makes it important for me to be connected 24*7*365, so I have three AirCards; one from each of DTac, AIS and True. I use the DTac service 99% of the time but must switch them over now and then. Of course it can vary depending on your location, I am in Trang in the South and it was the same when I lived in Phuket. I am not biased against True but they have certainly been a disappointment to me.
ajarnchan

Postby Tsuya on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:49 pm

I stopped using True's phone service this year after my iPhone was stolen.
I asked police to check if the phone was in service. All carriers responded to the police's inquiry except for True. When I asked why this was, they told me that even if the phone was stolen, they couldn't give out such information; not even to the police.

Their English customer service takes forever too. I was charged twice for my phone bill, had to wait four weeks to hear back about my inquiry... the response didn't supply an answer or any details about getting my money returned. I don't know... perhaps they give better service if you speak Thai...

A lot of modern condos are equipped with a wifi service. I don't know the word for this, but I use this as my last resort when the power goes out/something happens at my condo (I also work from home). Perhaps you could see if your condo offers this, or could recommend anything?
Tsuya

Postby xendon on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:42 pm

I sympathize with those subscribers unhappy with True but in all honesty having put up with the abysmal service of DTAC over a period of years and having wasted a considerable amount of money with their pre-paid phone service due to failed connections, interrupted calls and innumerable dialling errors on their part I can only say that any other company would provide a better service than this totally unsatisfactory substandard attempt at offering an international telephone service.
Edward Duhigg
Bangkok
xendon

Postby thegabster on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:42 am

I have used DTAC as my mobile service for 14 years and never had any issues with them anywhere in Thailand due to service. I have used TOT as my Internet supplier for the past 22 months, I cannot get True as a supplier in my area, and reading some of the comments I am glad I can't use True. In the beginning TOT were good, but as time has progressed they have a major issue with their WAN between the times of 9PM and 7AM and it has now got to the point where it occurs each night, it is like you are only getting 66% access for what you pay for and no matter how often you log the issue with customer support, it appears no-one can solve the problem. This has an adverse affect on my daughters study as well, she complains to me she cannot complete some of her homework and study, so much for advancing education in Thailand. If I had a greater choice of Internet providers in my area it may be an option, but unfortunately the ONLY option is TOT, so I must say beware of TOT, if I had another option I would change.
thegabster

Postby len on Mon May 05, 2014 11:31 am

At least now they are letting customers know in advance that internet service will be off while they make improvements to the system!

Why they have to cut the system off / make improvements for 3 days starting tomorrow from 10am to 5pm is not acceptable though.

This work should be done in the middle of the night so as to not inconvenience customers.

The sms message also said: "We truly apologize for your inconvenience and hope this will be to your satisfaction".

Perhaps True will compensate its customers with a month of free internet service as a goodwill gesture?
Last edited by len on Tue May 06, 2014 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
len

Postby bobbyd on Mon May 05, 2014 7:23 pm

by len on Mon May 05, 2014 11:31 am

At least now they are letting customers know in advance that internet service will be off while they make improvements to the system!

Why they have to cut the system off / make improvements for 3 days starting tomorrow from 10am to 5pm is not acceptable though.

This work should be done in the middle of the night so as to not inconvenience customers.

The sms message also said: "We truly apologize for your inconvenience and hope this will be to your satisfaction".

Perhaps True will compensate its customers with a month of free internet service as a goodwill gesture?

Think about Lenny. They don't have to pay overtime for work done during regular hours. Save money for the company and by golly, the customer has no internet for 3 days during peak period!

Who said the customer comes first?
bobbyd

Postby sibley on Mon May 05, 2014 10:49 pm

There is a short answer why people get bad service, This is Thailand so money first then the customer comes second, no big company in Thailand has to take responsibility for any bad service.
sibley

Postby len on Tue May 06, 2014 10:08 am

by len on Mon 05 May 2014 11:31 am

Update:

Called True Internet company yesterday to ask if the service shut down was nation wide. They said they would call me back. I'm still waiting for a call back!!!!!!!!!
len

Return to Living in Thailand - adjusting + settling in