Thailand so beautiful but so deadly

Thailand so beautiful but so deadly

Postby kngdady on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:48 pm

The leaders of Thailand which consist of the government and the opposition and a outlaw who happens to direct what the government does and not do. The political climate is burying this once proud people and country to an area which might be to hard to get out. Thailand has to dig itself of this mess and unite or all hell will break loose. Thailand has a leader that does not know what she does or her duties. Ministers and MP's want to threaten the judges that uphold the constitution, the deep south for years now have their own civil war going on, the people from northeast Thailand link their loyality to a man who betrayed his country as leader and still creating division among all Thais. In Bangkok and the urban area clashes break out every once in a while among the red shirts, the Pad, and the rainbow shirts. Why so much hate among all these people. Will there be civil war as was in eastern Europe? The people in politics in Thailand are completely out of control. most should be in jail because of corruption. Oh one other thing is it a birth right of certain families to have MP's from generation to generation? :x :x
kngdady

Re: Thailand so beautiful but so deadly

Postby hawaiiman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:13 pm

There is no chance of civil war in Thailand. The military will make certain of that.
Problems in the South have been going on for 100 years, nothing new.
The people of Isaan have received little from the central government. You can't blame them for being loyal to someone who has given them something, regardless of his lack of popularity in BKK.
I worry that you are losing sleep and afraid, please move to a safer country, perhaps the UK or America.
Of course the schools in America have metal detectors at the doors, and London has riots....
hawaiiman

Postby hawaiiman on Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:07 pm

This IS the Thai's country. Putting activists in jail just isn't possible, or "instilling" discipline (interesting concept) by what...putting all the poor into boot camps? Thailand isn't deadly, unless you forget your condoms in Pattaya, or ride the tourist buses. Admittedly it isn't a safe as 20 years ago when I first came here, but what is?
It's sad that so many foreigners believe that Thailand needs to have the society bulldozed and a clone of whatever has been colonial power they originated from established. Thailand is Thailand. The food is great, the women are lovely, prices are reasonable, and it doesn't snow. So enjoy it!
hawaiiman

Postby dennisf on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi,
I have to agree with hawaiiman. Politics is a messy, nasty business in any country. Pick any one. No difference in Thailand. My advice (if you want it :-)) is don't get so wrapped up in the down side of Thailand - just enjoy it for what it is. If you want perspective look around the world for a better place with politics and civil society and culture more to your liking, and if you find it, let us know! It's true though that to enjoy Thailand (or anywhere else I guess) it is better to understand the good and the bad, so as not to be too naive.
Good luck!
dennisf

Postby mutley on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:18 pm

Maybe hawaiiman. Yes, Thailand is a great place to live if you happen to be a 'farang' or a fully paid up member of the 'phoo yaai' but do you never stop to think about the lives of the 'phoo lek'. The only things that I can see as deadly are the complete lack of discipline on Thailands roads (and pavements in some places) and the inability of the govt. to do anything about the scabby stray cats and dogs that roam freely. Beautful? Well yes, if you can find places where Thai litterbugs haven't yet been. Bottles thrown from car windows. Plastic bags full of rubbish left at picnic sites or just thrown by the side of the road and left to rot. Rivers and lakes aren't immune from their depredations either. Mae nam? Given the nationalist fervour seemingly prevalent in Thailand, one would have thought that schools should be teaching pupils to cease behaving in this way. Maybe they should adopt the system in some US states where schools are given a certain stretch of road to clean. Maybe not though. They'd only end up being killed by someone on motor scooters.
mutley

Postby rxla13 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:34 pm

dennisf wrote:Hi,
I have to agree with hawaiiman. Politics is a messy, nasty business in any country. Pick any one. No difference in Thailand. My advice (if you want it :-)) is don't get so wrapped up in the down side of Thailand - just enjoy it for what it is. If you want perspective look around the world for a better place with politics and civil society and culture more to your liking, and if you find it, let us know! It's true though that to enjoy Thailand (or anywhere else I guess) it is better to understand the good and the bad, so as not to be too naive.
Good luck!

Hi there....I agree that politics are messy, in any country, and every country should be viewed for the positive it carries rather than the negative. Following your advice and looking at the positives instead of the negatives of Thailand, I am curious to your comments on what the top positive aspects of Thailand are? Thanks!
rxla13

Return to Thai politics