Devalue Thailand baht

Re: DEVALUE THAILAND BAHT

Postby Sean Moran on Thu May 14, 2009 3:50 pm

villager wrote:Hi George or is it Mr Soros,LOLOL, no need to explain anything, but if I had had made it known i,d made half a million quid on the money markets (which i haven,t ) ,would you have viewed me same as you view yourself , somehow I very much doubt it , i,ve never played the markets of any kind (1) i ain,t got the guts,(2) I ain,t got the knowledge, the way I see it Scy one has to be truthful with oneself cos we all want MORE, or are you trying to tell me given the choice of receiving either 1 or 5 million Euro,s you choose the former cos this is quite enough to see you out till you meet your maker, as for wealth distribution that is the biggest load of bollocks i,ve EVER heard , I was self employed for well over 30 years and worked 6/7 days a week whilst my neighbour in the next house was one the most lazy bastards i,ve ever wished not to meet and had,nt held a steady job down in all the 14 years i,d known him, in similar circumstance,s to mine would you have shared your hard earned money with him?.

It's not George. It's Sean. As for the rest, do you have somebody nearby who might be able to translate for you? All I get is that you seem to be asking for a devaluation of the GBP. Is that correct?
Sean Moran

Postby villager on Thu May 14, 2009 4:19 pm

Sean Moran wrote:
villager wrote:Hi George or is it Mr Soros,LOLOL, no need to explain anything, but if I had had made it known i,d made half a million quid on the money markets (which i haven,t ) ,would you have viewed me same as you view yourself , somehow I very much doubt it , i,ve never played the markets of any kind (1) i ain,t got the guts,(2) I ain,t got the knowledge, the way I see it Scy one has to be truthful with oneself cos we all want MORE, or are you trying to tell me given the choice of receiving either 1 or 5 million Euro,s you choose the former cos this is quite enough to see you out till you meet your maker, as for wealth distribution that is the biggest load of bollocks i,ve EVER heard , I was self employed for well over 30 years and worked 6/7 days a week whilst my neighbour in the next house was one the most lazy bastards i,ve ever wished not to meet and had,nt held a steady job down in all the 14 years i,d known him, in similar circumstance,s to mine would you have shared your hard earned money with him?.

It's not George. It's Sean. As for the rest, do you have somebody nearby who might be able to translate for you? All I get is that you seem to be asking for a devaluation of the GBP. Is that correct?

Sorry for the misunderstanding Sean my post was meant for Scy , ya know Trangs answer to George Soros , devaluing GBP?, whatever for?, don,t you think us poor pensioners living over here on the breadline are having it hard enough already without seeing our dough devalued again against the Baht,LOLOLOL.
villager

Postby Sean Moran on Thu May 14, 2009 4:26 pm

No worries mate. Just that it came around the same time as I posted and it might have been a little confusing. On that note though, are you saying that all hard work are equal but some hard work are more equal than others?
Sean Moran

Postby villager on Thu May 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Sean Moran wrote:No worries mate. Just that it came around the same time as I posted and it might have been a little confusing. On that note though, are you saying that all hard work are equal but some hard work are more equal than others?

Hey Sean , whatever field anyone works in if they give it their best shot sure everyone's equal ,why on earth should anyone think any different?, the thing (that describes him to a T ) that I was referring to had never held any sort of job down for more than a month at a time in all the 14 years i,d known him, what you would term a class A bludger , he,d 4 kid,s and his wife used to work 6till 11 every night in our local watering hole, why should anyone think i should share my dough with this parasite i,ll never know.
villager

Postby Sean Moran on Thu May 14, 2009 4:53 pm

Hey Sean , whatever field anyone works in if they give it their best shot sure everyone's equal ,why on earth should anyone think any different?, the thing (that describes him to a T ) that I was referring to had never held any sort of job down for more than a month at a time in all the 14 years i,d known him, what you would term a class A bludger , he,d 4 kid,s and his wife used to work 6till 11 every night in our local watering hole, why should anyone think i should share my dough with this parasite i,ll never know.

Everyone's equal? Tinker, tailor, solider, \\\ /////, butcher, baker, candlestick-maker? I agree because it is all about time, and not money.

Why is it then that a Mcdonalds cashier in Birmingham makes more per hour than a Mcdonalds cashier in Buriram?
Sean Moran

Postby villager on Thu May 14, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi Sean , maybe cos our national minimum wage is set much higher in the UK than in Thailand , and if McDonalds had to pay the same hourly rate in Bururam they would have to sell their burgers at the same price as they are in Birmingham and would be closed down in a matter of days due to no one buying their fast food, any company who is preprepared to invest hundreds of million,s in another country deserves a good return , this is how employment is created pure and simple, cos to make money they have to employ people , of course there are those on the left that preach they are being exploited, I used to see it all the Time when the workers were going on marches,s with banners flying screaming for the right to be "exploited",LOLOLOL.
villager

Postby Sean Moran on Thu May 14, 2009 5:18 pm

by villager on Thu May 14, 2009 10:13 am
Hi Sean , maybe cos our national minimum wage is set much higher in the UK than in Thailand ,
and why might that be, eh? :lol:
and if McDonalds had to pay the same hourly rate in Bururam they would have to sell their burgers at the same price as they are in Birmingham and would be closed down in a matter of days due to no one buying their fast food, any company who is preprepared to invest hundreds of million,s in another country deserves a good return , this is how employment is created pure and simple, cos to make money they have to employ people , of course there are those on the left that preach they are being exploited, I used to see it all the Time when the workers were going on marches,s with banners flying screaming for the right to be "exploited",LOLOLOL.

So now you admit that all hard work is equal but some hard work is more equal than others, because it is good for the annual reports on profit/loss.

That's why I made the pun about Greed and Greek. You can work that one out yourself, I'm sure. What you like Mister? Supasize?

---o0o---

Anyway mate, it's just gone 18:30 here in Perth and the Sun is down, and I've had the tv dinner, so I'm off to read my book and go to bed. It's Fishing For Stars - Bryce Courtenay's latest - a sequel to The Persimmon Tree. Great book, but thanks fot this discussion and I'll catch up with you in the morning. Norn laab faan dee! :cheers:
Sean Moran

Postby villager on Thu May 14, 2009 8:16 pm

Papadragon wrote:Anyone in Baht should get out now :arrow: if you're an expat with a security deposit of THB800,000 convert it to US$ GBP or Euros and convert back into baht 3 months before your next One Year visa renewal :idea:
This tip could make you a lot of baht and, in the unlikely event the baht doesn't revalue, you wont have lost anything :cheers:

Confidence index down in April
By: BangkokPost.com
Published: 14/05/2009 at 02:37 PM
The consumer confidence index (CCI) last month fell to 65.1 points from 66.0 points in March, according to the latest report of the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce's Economic and Business Forecast Centre.
The confidence index of future employment reduced to 64.5 points in April while the confidence index of future income stood at 86.7 points.
Export sales fell 22.7 per cent in the previous month.

SET index plunges 4.73%
By: BangkokPost.com
Published: 14/05/2009 at 05:21 PM The Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) index on Thursday dropped 26.16 points or 4.73 per cent to close at 526.55 points. The market value was 29.93 billion baht, with 6.71 billion shares traded.
The SET100 index went down 43.48 points or 5.17 per cent to stand at 796.93 points.
The SET50 index fell 20.28 points or 5.15 per cent to close at 373.26 points.

Hey Pappy , actually its only 2 months if you are not a first time applicant for a retirement or marriage visa , I know for sure cos i,ve just done my annual , but thanks for the thought anyway , personally for me i,m going to cane the 800,000 cos i got 69 to the the pound 14 months ago so why should I get funds from were ever if i,m only getting 52 right now, who knows what the Baht will be in 9 months time , maybe i,ll ask George(Scy) Soros for "insider" advice, by all accounts he,s a mean hand on money speculation , even though he contends that capitalism is akin to fascism, Hmm somewhat puzzled on that one!!.LOLOLOL.
villager

Postby villager on Fri May 15, 2009 1:14 am

GORDON wrote:VILLAGER - don,t even rise to this. Enough of us remember when the unions had the upper hand in Britain and when they demanded their jobs back after a strike had broken the firm. :cheers: buddy - ignore the ****

Quite right Gordon , we remember quite well when Government policy,s were made at the TUC , and the Commie Union Baron,s used to have tea and biscuits at 10 Downing street to give the Labour PM their demands, ah yes the good old days of 26.9% inflation eh,LOLOL.
villager

Postby villager on Fri May 15, 2009 7:29 am

Papadragon wrote:
villager wrote:Hey Pappy i,m going to cane the 800,000 cos i got 69 to the the pound 14 months ago so why should I get funds from were ever if i,m only getting 52 right now, who knows what the Baht will be in 9 months time.

It doesn't matter what you paid for them THB800,000 = GBP15,000 today and when the baht goes to 60 you'll get THB900,000 if it goes back to 69 you'll get over THB1 million or you can just buy back the THB800,000 you need and keep the profit in GBPs safe in the UK :idea:
As sure as "eggs is eggs" the baht has to revalue and it won't be getting stronger, in fact it's started to slip this week :cheers:
I firmly understand the point you are making Pappy,and in truth its a good one, but when it comes down to money speculating i,m a coward at heart and only bet on sure fire things ,which at this moment in time is the 69 I received , frankly I feel i,m somewhat out of my depth here and I think its best for me to leave it to the real experts like Scy Soros in Trang,LOLOL, and anyway the bulk of my money is not here in THAILAND so if the Baht do,s weaken i,ll gain that way won,t I.
villager

PreviousNext

Return to Thai business news