get married in Thailand

get married in Thailand

Postby Esther on Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:43 am

I want to get married, but a civil wedding, not religious. I am from Spain and we want to come to Thailand for holidays and marry. What do I have to do to find a judge?
Esther

RE: get married in Thailand

Postby Moderator on Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:45 am

Hi Esther,

I am not sure about what the formalities are but I would suggest that you check with the Thai Consulate nearest you in Spain. They should be able to give you full details on what is required, i.e., paperwork, medical certificates (if any) and where and how to go about arranging to get married.

Postby rooster on Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:14 am

Dear Esther. It is very simple to get marriage certificate in Thailand. I am assuming that you will get marry in the hotel where you are planing to take your vacation. You can go to the district/provincial office called "umphur" before or after your ceremony. The hotel hostess/officer can point you to the right direction or hotel's diver can take you there. It would depending on the level of services that available at your hotel. You should contact them about your plans. You might want your marriage certificate translated into english and/or spanish with official seal before you return home also. Good luck.
rooster

RE: get married in Thailand, good idea

Postby Gerardo Ochoa on Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:34 am

I do not know what is needed to marry with a Thai, but it should be worthy. Thay women are among the most beautiful in the world. Of course, Esther, I know you are looking for a male Thai.

Best wishes from Mexico!

Gerardo Ochoa
Gerardo Ochoa

Postby Peter on Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:11 pm

Some hotels you will find offer special packages that will include the whole wedding ceremony and necessary papers etc.

As suggested before check with your local Thai Embassy and with a knowledgable and reputable agent.

Good luck !
Peter

RE: RE: get married in Thailand

Postby lindi on Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:47 am

i have done this. simply go to your embassy and fill in statutory declaration form to enable you to marry here in thailand. take the form to a translation agency to write it in thai. take the english and thai version of the form to ministry of foreign affairs (you can get the address with full direction from your embassy). it will take 2 days for them to work on authentification. present the forms to the amphur office (district) anywhere in thailand. they will grant you the marriage contract written in thai. take this form to a translation agency to make it in english. take the english version to ministry of foreign affairs for authentification. take your marriage certificate to your embassy for registration. that's the end of it. it will probably cost you more or less 5k baht for all the documents work. best wishes.
lindi

traditional thai wedding ceremony

Postby g.wierzbi on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:14 am

I'd like to get married in Thailand in a traditional thai ceremony, wheather it be buddist or otherwise. Is this difficult/time consumming to arrange? How would I go about doing this?
g.wierzbi

RE: traditional thai wedding ceremony

Postby Rooster on Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:10 am

Who are you going to marry?
Rooster

RE: RE: get married in Thailand

Postby kenny on Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:25 am

Hi i'm getting married at end of may with my fiancee after 2 years, but i read on the british embassy website that for settlement in the u.k you have to apply 3 months before travel to the united kingdom but how can she apply now with no wedding documents? so will that mean she will not be able to come back home with me and she will have to wait 3 months?
thanks
regards kenny
kenny

get merried in thailand by july

Postby sly on Tue May 11, 2004 7:41 pm

my sister have plan to have a vacation in thailand on july 2004 and also to have her civil wedding, but the problem she been married before and they are alreday separated for about three years ago (First Husband) what she will do? what kind of papers she should have to bring down there to have her civil wedding for the second time around?

Best Regards
sly

Next

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required