getting divorced my mail.

RE: RE: Personal Experience

Postby sash on Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:51 pm

...i would hire a lawyer and make a contract with her family. if they are serious about giving back all the money, they should sign this contract.

i know, thats a very northern-european cold way.
but as your bride is going (wants??) to marry a farang, the thais should accept some european manners too - as we farangs are always forced to accept all the thai manners.

when your bride really loves u and her family loves her, they would have to accept that.

sure, they have to change their concrete-thai-mind a little bit, and maybe lose their face a little bit. but who cares your face, when u have to buy your bride like a piece of beef.
in europe everybody would think you are a total \\\ /////.

and i would not give the money in cash....

when nobody except u, the family and the lawyer knows about the contract, actually nobody lost his face officially.
sash

Postby kris on Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:08 pm

Ok I have heard many talk about this dowry and many say it is usually given back to the man is there a written clause somewhere that says they have to give it back? What if they dont? I am not saying a dowry is wrong as it is a cultural thing as it is in many countries, but shouldnt there a be a limit on it so it doesnt cause financial hardship on their future son in law?
kris

Postby dave evans on Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:56 am

Hi All, in my experience the bride price requested was 300000 baht (cash by the way in 1000 notes). I paid this to the family, with no contract or anything else. They sorted out the wedding and the 7 monks, the hindu style priest and the folk style wedding. (we seemed to go through three ceremonies, ending up with the white cord around both our heads and everyone pouring water over our hands.) This lasted about 4 hours in the early morning until 1100. The wedding party in the evening attended by 350 people was also paid for out of this bride price. The remaining money was used by the family to rebuilt the houe and enlatrge the family noodle business. I was very happy with this. I also paid for three family members to come over from Wales. I bought a house on a mortgage and paid deposit on a new car. I thought all of this was very reasonable to set up life for my own family. In the four years since my Thai family has been very supportive and help looking after our two kids. i certainly don't feel like any one got ripped off. all the best
Dave
dave evans

Postby Aussie Dave on Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:15 pm

Dave feb 18th ..........If you are farang, how did you get a house morgage in Thailand, thought it was only possible for condominiums, very interested .
Aussie Dave

Postby Ian on Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:18 pm

Dave - have you ever asked yourself : what happens if we divorce ?
You're welcome to sleep on my floor in London's East End - as does someone I know, ripped off totally by his Thai "wife".
Ian

Postby Ian on Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:14 pm

No Aussie Dave - Thailand HAS loosened up on mortgages. It's possible for farang to now get them, after - I think - three years residency.
Ian

Postby Aussie Dave on Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:33 am

Ian .thanks mate , guess i am 3 years behind
Aussie Dave

Postby dave evans on Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:06 am

Hi chaps,been a bit busy moving to sunny Al Khobar in Saudi to earn the cash to pay my thai mortgage with the Siam Commerical. This is how it works. The house is in my wife's name, the mortgage is in my name. I had to sign the mortgage agreement and have the insurance health checketc. It is a ten year 3 million baht deal, and is quite usual. Of course, if you are a farang that cannot trust your Thai wife, then don't get involved. Just thought people might be interested.
Cheers from sunny Saudi, land of the free. (I will never complain about Thailandagain!!!)
Dave
dave evans

Postby Rooster on Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:11 am

Well, Mr. Evans. I have been holding back what you have just stated. Trust is what every relationships require. Since I have this uneasy feeling about Ian's relationship with his Thai wife. I knew very few cases where some Thai women screwed their foreign husbands. However, I knew many cases of foreign husbands screwed their Thai wives and their families. It is rare to find Thai women to have easy lives in foreign countries since majority of them did not married educated and or rich foreign husbands.
Rooster

divorce

Postby steve on Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:50 pm

Hi guys , i married my thai wife in thailand at thai register office , can any one tell me if i can divorce her in england or do i have to return to thailand , we both live in england and she now has a british passport ??
steve

PreviousNext

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required