getting divorced my mail.

RE: RE: money and gold on show at wedding

Postby justneedtoknow on Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:34 am

Rooster...you seem so knowledgable on Thai culture and how to correctly do things in the Thai tradition. There are very few resources to go to concerning this. That is why I write you. I know someone who went to Thailand on vacation. As in many of the things that I have heard...he met an exotic dancer...wound up spending time with her. She talked him into taking her to her village to see her 8 yr old child. But was worried about showing up in her village and losing face and respect by bringing a man. He agreed to some kind of engagement ceremony to help her keep her respect. He only knew her 14 days and from Oct, 2006 until this date has been sending her money to help her. She continues to dance and he has begun to think that maybe he made a mistake. But he does not want to shame her, in either her family's eyes or the village. Is there some kind of protocal to breaking off this engagement without causing shame for the woman? He is a good man...just made a cultural mistake.
justneedtoknow

i got in thailand

Postby Naide on Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:54 am

hi anybody can answer my question my husband and i got married in thailand 5 years ago the question where should i get a certified copy of our marriage contract..because i need our documents for renewing a passport.
Naide

Previous

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required