British Embassy in Bangkok

RE: RE: British Embassy in Bangkok

Postby Richard on Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:43 pm

Sammy, once again the rudeness of our Embassy staff towards Thai women has been exposed. My partner and I have had two experiences like this which seems to be the normal thing to happen. She was refused a visa on those two occasions and the attitude of the staff was rude, racist and frankly intimidating. At least you have not been refused but why on earth could you not have been granted a visa on the day after the short interview.? In connection with our own case, I have reported the attitude of the Embassy staff to my MP who passed my comments to the Home Office here. Naturally the Home Office cover up for the Embassy every time, merely suggesting that we prepare another application which would be treated on its own merits. Yeah right !! My thoughts will be with you in March and good luck with the interview. I'm not looking forward to that queue outside the Embassy (for the third time) at 6 oclock in the morning, waiting for the sun to come up. Perhaps someone from the Home Office should try it just once. The whole process is demoralising, frustrating and yes, heartbreaking.
Richard

RE: RE: British Embassy Bangkok - Having Trouble?

Postby Aussie Dave on Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:13 am

Ian jan 24th ..............Mate! last time i was in London, i got the impression that all the anglo saxon English were in fact living overseas ! If they have got any sense it would be in Thailand.
Aussie Dave

RE: RE: British Embassy in Bangkok

Postby Fon on Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:02 pm

It's all about LUCK!!!
Fon

RE: British Embassy in Bangkok

Postby Sammy on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:39 pm

Hi all

thank you for your supports and sorry for taking me a long while to reply as been busy preparing for the 2nd. interview which is this morning !!!

my Settlement Visa as an unmarried partner has granted !!! surprise huh....yes Khun Fon it's about luck but it's not all, it needs to base on the truth and well prepared with documents.

yes I have had such unfair experience and I didnt give up...because I know I am a genuine
applicant. some applicants gave up from the first start which makes them miss a pleasant moment...

In my case, I was informed by the today's ECO (different lady) that this type of visa is the most difficult to be granted unless I can satisfiy her with the evidences that I and my partner have been together for 2 years which I am aware of that point....and I'm sucessful today....which is TOTALLY different from the last interview......because today's ECO was listenning carefully, didnt steer the questions, polite and wasnt in a hurry like the ECO's last time.

I have made my point that it's not about getting the visa , but it's about the way the ECOs of UK Embassy treat people....Yes, they're proud of themselves working for the embassy and that makes you become a previllage person (I know it as once I used to apply for this job coz I felt that way but luckily they didnt take me otherwise I might become arrogant like some of them!) but it's not an excuse to be able to look down on people or rude to anybody !!!

I'm sure the embassy is trying to improve the ability and EQ of their staff, hopefully it's getting better and better.

I'm sorry for those who were refused the visa and upset today, but I couldnt do much to help.....hopefully they dont give up.

If anyone want information on applying for a visa I am more than pleased to help (without charge hahahaha)

Cheers.............S.
Sammy

sammy where r u

Postby ash on Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:20 pm

sammy where r u

billy
ash

RE: RE: british embassy bangkok

Postby Grenville WILSON on Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:00 pm

I would not worry about age, most women look for security. The expat wifes i have met are only interested in security i.e. the size of the bank balance, children in expensive schools, lovely homs and a maid to look after the hosue and children. Thai women have a very different view as many do not come from privliged backgrounds. The other issue is that most youger men act like butterflies so no Thai woman will trust them and with good cause
Grenville WILSON

Postby chesterc on Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:56 pm

i have to say they wanted alot of paperwork with copies, but other than that ive had no problems in the past? My GF is a grad though.
chesterc

Postby RICH on Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:43 am

Why should being a grad make any difference, you should get a job in the Embassy with that attitude. Dont you think that everybody should have the right to travel, just as we do in the UK.
RICH

Postby Siri on Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:54 am

That’s right Rich, everybody should have equal rights to travel. But the embassy people don’t see Thai people that way, especially the western countries embassies (ask anyone, US embassy visa people, who’re also Thai, are the most famous for treating Thai applicants like they’re asking for money or food)

Of course I can understand why they set so many regulations and documents require. We have to accept the truth that there’re many cases Thai people tried to get into those countries, then stay and work illegally.

What the embassy looking for is, not you’re a grad or not, the financial and employment documents i.e. bank account, letter of confirmation issued by the company you’re working for, things like that. All these coz they just want to see something to prove that you have enough to stay there and you’ll come back to stay here, not planning to run away in those countries. Sadly, but that’s how it is.
Siri

Postby paul on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:46 pm

I have had much the same trouble as you guys.I was suprised to find that I could not attend the interview with my gf.All the paperwork was correct, including letters of reference from bank, our respective employers etc.By a quirk, the officer retained the original papers, I was eventually allowed into my own embassy, with two guards in attendance. Speaking through the bullet proof glass I politely inquired what further contortions may increase our chance of success with future applications. He informed me that he would like to have seen us together for longer, and my gf to have assets to return to. Well I was only applying for a visitors visa, Three months to sample life in the uk, meet the family etc, as I feel it would help her in understanding the pressures of our culture. As to assets, rich she is not, but like the average thai she makes a living, and has a job to return to, not everyone is born into wealth.
So the upcome of this is that I will be back again early next year, hoping that it will be judged that the relationship is of sufficient longevity. Personally I thought that the 18 months we had together in january was enough.
Strangely when I arrived at Heathrow with my first wife and two kids, all US subjects, in '89, they were given tempory leave to reside on the spot. The rest was done by mail.
Outside the embassy we were acosted by visa touts, they promise 100% success with the fiance visa scam. I do not know if this works, but may be tempted if we are refused in the future,
I particularly disliked the notion of the government dictating to me who I may or may not have as a guest. As they seem hell bent on allowing anyone from eastern europe etc free access to our welfare system.Whilst I sign a declaration that my guest will not be a drain on the public purse. Thank you for the chance to get this off my chest.
paul

PreviousNext

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required