Thai Divorce law

RE: RE: More and More Pathetic

Postby Ian Beale on Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:25 pm

It's utopian to expect no border controls. At least until Thailand joins with Australia and New Zealand in an equivalent of the European Union (where border controls have been abolished). I say Australia and New Zealand, because in a very long time from now, something like this may happen. Looks like never between Thailand the US, Europe, etc. Meanwhile Australia and New Zealand keep pushing their visa fees up. And one reason for that is : because in these countries Thais can own anything, but in Thailand farang are banned frowm owning almost anything.
Ian Beale

Postby Ian Beale on Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:41 pm

In fact you don't retain control in this way. As an American, in Thailand since Vietnam days, said to me : "it still
does n't stop somebody with a gun simply coming around and forcing you out". It is well-documented that this happens a lot.
But it does depend on who your Thai partners are, and where in Thailand. The problem is that when the partners are no good, there's little or nothing an ordinary farang can do about it. If you have good Thai partners, of which there are many, you're lucky to be living in a lovely land.
Ian Beale

RE: RE: Self-defeating Laws

Postby Rooster on Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:46 am

They only need to use Thai citizenships in Thailand only, and using US citizens and passports for international things. Therefore, Thai ID and citizenship are for using in Thailand and travelling inside Thailand and neighboring countries.
Rooster

Postby Rooster on Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:38 am

Ian, I am talking about total or none. You are talking about partial and what are bad in Thailand and what you could not get in Thailand. You are sounding more and more like one of those indentured/bonded colonialists who looked for land to conquer and people to enslave. You made other Europeans and white people look very bad with your attitudes.
Rooster

Postby Ian Beale on Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:10 pm

Not at all Rooster. I'm not arguing for anything more than what Thais have in farang countries. Indeed, I'd be happy to settle for less - i.e. I'd be happy if farang spouses could merely co-own with their Thai spouses, the small blocks of land farangs often get swindled out of by their spouses' family.
You sound very confused, and extremely ignorant about Thai history. Thailand was never colonised - it never had farang colonialists owning slaves, or even (on any large scale) farangs endenturing labourers. This was overwhelmingly done by Thais, not only to other Thais, but also to the lands in Laos and Cambodia that Thailand colonised. Only in the reign of the truly great King Chulalongkorn did this begin coming to an end. Get your facts straight, you Rooster !
Ian Beale

RE: RE: More and More Pathetic - Delusion of Revisionism

Postby Rooster on Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:57 pm

No, I am just not accepting your version of historical facts. If you think that Thailand has never been colonized, then you are following your way of thinking as other colonialists. There are many forms of colonization. Yes, Thailand is colonized by foreign European powers. We simply do not have free choice and only the royal family and political leaders saved their own positions. I do not think that I can change your mind on this matter. If you are right, then why do they need to bring their big guns and ships to visit their friends and make treaties? Thais do not learn real history in school, and most of us learnt our history at our own initiatives. Because we do not need or want to learn our own history from the European or the Chinese versions.
Rooster

Postby Ian Beale on Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:44 pm

And the lands in Laos and Cambodia that Thailand was colonising ?
Never, ever, I suppose Rooster.
Thanks for reminding me that the world is flat.
Ian Beale

Postby Aussie Dave on Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:09 am

Ha Ha Ha ! mate , just give up on him . With a bit of luck he'll fall off the edge
Aussie Dave

K-1 Visa problem

Postby Pen on Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:31 pm

Dear all
I am a thai woman and going to marry an american man. Now, my fiance is filing K-1 Visa which issued in Texas center. For now it has taken 6 months up to now but not progress yet.

Anyone who has experience about K-1 Visa and have some ways to accelerate it faster ??
Please give advice ka.

Thanks alot,
Pen
Pen

RE: K-1 Visa problem

Postby Wa- on Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:31 am

Hi Pen,

I am Thai woman who live in the US. Now a brother of my husband is working on the K-1 visa. I heard that takes about the same, but at my case my husband paid for speeding up, I am not sure how much it cost now, but at that time it cost him about $175 to 200, and they can make it faster. I think your boyfriend need to call the immigration or security homeland here to check it out.
Wa-

PreviousNext

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required