Thai Divorce law

RE: THE FACTS ~ DO NOT MARRY ~ Love

Postby Boss on Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:29 am

Love can be good for a man sometimes, But marriage is not. Maybe It used to be good for a man... way back forty years ago but it sure isn't now. Liberalism, Feminism and too many greedy women and their relatives ruined marriage sadly.

I won't risk divorce... I WOULD LIKE TO RETIRE SOMEDAY!

This whole discussion is kind of moot... why would any man marry ANY woman in ANY country these days with as prejudiced and bigoted against men as divorce laws now are? And there are many more single women than single men on this planet anyways.

Here in the U.S. I have no fewer than EIGHT women trying to date me right now even though I have a gf and I'm just a little better than average looking. There is a man shortage once you get over age 30.

I'm 34 and I grew up hearing about and seeing on tv in the U.S just how screwed men are in a divorce. Us hard-working younger men just don't want to risk it so marriage is NOT an option unless the woman makes a lot more money than the man. I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO RETIRE SOMEDAY!

For a very very very poor guy then yes marriage could be ok... maybe.

The purpose of marriage was NEVER about love... it was about supporting women and kids so that they didn't starve. Now that we are in the 21st Century with plentiful and easy-to-prepare food, washing machines, dishwashers etc the purpose of marriage is moot.

The fact is that as soon as you marry a woman things get worse ~ unless she is one of the honest women capable of true love, of which there are many, but how can you tell for sure?!?!? Is it worth the risk of financial ruin just for a piece of paper?

I have a nice girlfriend and we are very good to each other but I would NEVER ever ever marry her. The fact that we ARE NOT married means that she has to be nice if she wants to keep dating me.

I grew up watching my mom waste all of my dad's money and then run his credit cards to the max on stupid shopping trips for girly stuff . Money that if she hadn't blown it he would be a millonaire now. Very depressing.

Let's face it, every older man that I have asked about marriage, including my dad, said that at best it is just ok and at worst it is a total disaster for the man.

Why take the risk guys?

:: Rooster you seem like a chicken to me... you have zero knowledge of Thai History (Thai schools need to teach you Thai kids History better!) and suggesting that every country open it's borders to every other country is just NUTS. The nicer countries in Asia (which Thailand is becoming one of) and every Western Country would become one big ghetto for the poorest of the poor. If you want open borders Chicken I suggest that you move to Somalia for ten years then come back and tell us what ya think.
Boss

RE: RE: THE FACTS ~ DO NOT MARRY ~ Love

Postby Rooster on Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:19 pm

I am sure do feel sorry for this guy. After reading his post, I am tending to think that he took after his mother. With his attitude, he does not need to get marry at all. Since he seemed to have such an ego, he is already a condo-cowboy or on his way to become one. My suggestion is for you to keep a big stag of prenuptial agreement with all his sexual partners since he seemed to be ignorant of the US law regarding to male-female relationship including common-law. Oh, he is better double-up on those condoms too. Them girls still can get child support with positive blood/genetic test. If he claimed to be all that girly looking-of-a man, then those girls might just want to have little boss as mementos. But I am on the side of evolution, abortion is seemed to be one of the nature way to control undesirable.
Oh, Rooster is a male chicken or other birds. Also the term "chicken" has been misused in slang terms by those who knew nothing about these domestic or wild fowls. In Thai culture, Thai Roosters or Aye Toeng/Gai Ban have been used in cockfight for centuries and are be loved pets by commoners. The unique Thai boxing is patterned from village cockfight and other dangerous animals. Thai Rooster has sharp as needle pincerlike horny structures on their dorsal shanks. I have observed too many minor roosters, mostly young and full of beautiful feathers - lack of mature pincers, massacred by these gai ban roosters.
Rooster

Postby sparticuss on Mon May 23, 2005 5:03 pm

Boss
You got one thing wrong. There is no man shortage over 30.
Every year, the March of Dimes organization in Seattle hosts a March of Dimes Bid for Bachelors, where dates with bachelors are auctioned to the women. For the October 18, 1990, event, the chairwoman described the volunteer bachelors as "everyday kinds of guys." These "everyday kind of guys” were an artist, a stock broker, a doctor, a hydroplane racer, businessmen and even a retired diplomat."
If these are what women consider "everyday kinds of guys," then the vast majority of men, whose incomes and professions do not compare, must qualify as ‘barstards”. Clearly, there is no "man shortage." Only an abundance of shallow women!
sparticuss

Postby Rooster on Fri May 27, 2005 7:11 am

A well spoken woman. It is sad that Thai men are bring labeled by their own women in Thailand. Thai society does need a significant social engineering.
Rooster

Thai wedding....Is it legal?

Postby Jeff on Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:25 am

My Thai fiancee and I had a Thai wedding in her village before she came to America on a K-1 Fiancee Visa. We did not record the marrage in Thailand because we thought we were going to get married in America. Sadly we have decided not to marry in America and she is going back to Thailand. The questions is: If we did not record the marriage in Thailand are we still in the eyes of the Thai law married?
Jeff

RE: Thai wedding....Is it legal?

Postby juta on Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:05 pm

No Jeff, you're off the hook.
juta

Postby Ian on Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:50 am

Simple answer - no.
And even more definitely - no, under American law.
Ian

Postby Rooster on Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:29 pm

All my marriages in Thailand are traditional marriages without registering at the government offices. In my opinion, marriage is between two individuals and not the business of government.
Rooster

Non-contested divorce

Postby Fleece Farang on Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:10 pm

I rashly got a marriage registered to a Thai friend's sister, after a year of emails and a three week family stay in Khon Kaen ten months ago. I was told she couldn't get a fiancee visa as she was only 25, and had only worked as her nephew's nanny and at a karoke bar. She has constantly demanded more and more money from me, pre Visa, until now I think I can't afford her...(was sending 225 a month, plus extras and she started demanding 500 dollars a month...although we've never lived together as man and wife, as I flew back to the US after the wedding. She has finally agreed to a no-contest annulment. However, she insists I return to her town to do it and I suspect mischief will befall me if I return, as her father is in the police. Her emails got very abusive when I wouldn't pay for her family's appliances for their new house where she still lives. Her expenses haven't increased since we married, so I don't know why I should be "supporting" a 26 year old able-bodied woman who claims to have higher education--yes, accounting. My question: Can I have a lawyer or someone take my papers to the divorce office to represent me? I don't want to return to Thailand! I stopped sending any money after she claimed that w/o 500 a month from me, she would starve and be forced to become a bar girl. I suspect a scam. I also expect if I return they will either slam me with huge costs, alimony for a woman I never lived with, or I'll become a "disappeared" or thrown in prison. I desperately want out. I'm already heartsick but don't want to become destitute as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Also, can uncontested divorces be down in Khon Kaen? I wanted to return to Bangkok where we married, but she insists that I return to Khon Kaen where her family has a lot of police and legal power. I feel I'm being fleeced (at the time I quit sending money she was also saying without a 8000 dollar wedding ceremony and a one carat diamond ring, and 250 dollars a month for her parents once we were in America, her parents wouldn't agree to let her come to America. (If immigration would even let her in...she seemed nice and loving, but sometimes would withdraw $$ from the account I set up for her from a Bangkok bank, while I was being emailed the same day from Khon Kaen...she claims my bank there is "stupid" but won't do anything to prove there was an error--and continues to claim she has never returned to bangkok since our marriage registration. Help!
Fleece Farang

RE: Non-contested divorce

Postby Rooster on Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:45 am

Sorry, Buddy. You have to appear in person at the provicial courthouse. But why do you want to go thru this divorce proceding?? It does not very affected your status in the USA. It is more like her problem now.
Rooster

PreviousNext

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required