stereotype towards interracial marriage in Thailand

RE: Follow up on interracial marriage

Postby kris on Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:43 am

In answer to your post as you started this topic and has been said many times on this forum is that prostituition is a very old profession and has been around thailand way before westerners came there. The thing is you cannot put the blame on all westerners for believing Thailand is a sextrade spot where prostitution is acceptable when the government and police authorities are not stopping it from occuring, they are not cracking down on foreigners who are using the services. On my visit to Thailand many have the same views as you that I talked to, they have ways to avoid areas and protect their children from viewing the sextrade but are not voicing their concern to ones who can actually make the changes they want. Foreign men who open and operate bars employing Thai women are allowed to do so, and men who use prostitute services will argue that prostitution is good and the women enjoy the life. Whether that is good logic or them explaining away their actions does not make them fully responsible, as the blame does not fall fully to foreigners who are visiting or men seeing Thailand as a business oportunity it is what is being allowed by Thailand itself. So you have to look at why this is happening and being allowed, as so many dislike what is occuring, and blame the ones who can make the changes happen. Foreigners will use services is they are available so the country will have to change its views and then visitors will change theirs.
kris

Postby Greg on Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:42 pm

Tell you what Chaicharn, why don't you make those "\\\ /////" comments to my wife, my baby boy, or better yet the father of my wife (a prominent democrat) and see what happens?

If a farang posted disgusting comments like that, they would be condemned as a Nazi. Maybe you are just angry about certain inadequacies of your own?
Greg

Postby Aussie Dave on Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:36 pm

CHAICHARN....................Apart from getting you some of those sex enhancing drugs(think you might have a problem there) there's not much we can do for you.
You sound very immature,lack much experiance in life and have got a hugh mental problem, known as 'chip on the shoulder'
Oh bye the way, i am an older fallang,not fat, not ugly, am i ok with you ? and quite finantially sound thanks.
Aussie Dave

Postby Aussie Dave on Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:38 pm

OOPS! sorry Chaicharn, misspelling, i meant to say i am FARANG !
Aussie Dave

RE: RE: Follow up on interracial marriage

Postby kris on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:01 am

I have been working longer shifts and I come back to see the same debate continuing lol Dave you are right in this as I dont see why many Thai men blame westerners for the prostitution in their country when thai men have been using their women for that service for generations and westerners are only doing what the country allows them to do. So why put the full blame on westerners? Laws are there so blame the ones who are not enforcing the laws do not blame the men who are doing what they are being allowed to do and the Thailand government loves the money the western tourists bring in, so in closing blame the ones who allow it not the ones who use it.
kris

Postby Byrd Yen Chantawong on Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:27 am

I have been reading this topic for some times now.I would like to say that i can understand your point in away,but not to the point of making it public.My mother is thai and my dad is black american,i am 45 years old.I was born in thailand and moved to the usa when i was 10.Now you want to talk about being different,i look nothing like my mom,if you saw me i look black.You think you had a hard time as a kid trying to fit in lol.The women in thailand are like every other place i have visited,philippines the same way.I still can not blame the white men,society has made it to be that white is better,look at all the dark skin asian using cream to change their skin today.So as a black thai,i would say the individual is at fault.I'll be honest it does upset me, when i am seen in thailand i am looked at much wost then some old fat white guy,i am seen as lowest of the low,until they hear my language,then they tell me i cannot be a westerner .I promise you once your older you will understand much more.your veiws today will be different.We need to work on stopping men from harming our under age childeren.Older women can make up their own minds,kids can not.We need to move on from this topic and stop men from going over to vietnam,philippines and harming our kids.Thanks and hope i did not upset anyone.
Byrd Yen Chantawong

Postby Aussie Dave on Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:25 pm

Byrd Yen ............Mate! you certainly did not upset me. I admire your fortitude and thoughts, pity i cannot meet you in person, but good luck.
Aussie Dave

RE: RE: stereotype towards interracial marriage in Thailand

Postby Aussie Dave on Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:50 pm

Chaicharn dec 12th .......oh dear ! oh dear! what can i say? Its rather pathetic. When you see a beautiful younger, brown skinned thai lady with an older white man, you immediately think that she cannot speak english and just cannot love him because he is different to "younger handsome you"????? I happen to know a beautiful young brownskinned lady from Mukdaharn.
She has got a uni degree, speaks reads and writes english quite fluently and has got an older farang partner. Guess you disagree with that relationship even though they are very happy together? And peaple like you promptly look at her and gives her the label Prostitude! Really you are quite despicable.
Aussie Dave

RE: RE: stereotype towards interracial marriage in Thailand

Postby CHS on Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:13 pm

Good on you Aussie dave ,
I got a beautifull 23 years old dark skinned Thai woman that I treat like my own daughetr she is speaking and writing very well English she help me to translate to my friends...
If somebody look at her and think she is a prostitute and hurt her I will kill him becaus eshe the most beautiful and honest thing in Thailand...She want help from nobody she work and pay her studies herself and never accept one Bath from me she loves me like her dad and will fight other Thai for me...
and with my own daughter they talk like sisters...
By the way the Dark skin Thai Ladies are the most beautiful ones...
CHS

Postby CHS on Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:21 pm

Byrd Yen Chantawong,
I really agree with you concerning the children and am fighting against all this peadophiles whom go in Asia abuse young boys and girls and getting aways of it...
An I can tell you something dark skin is beautiful in a woman you are a lucky one if somebody look down at you just look at him the same way without saying nothing as the silence is the biggest of treat...
I am fat and may be ugly I don't know but I got a very good heart
Concerning the children may be if Thai and good Farang were sticking together may be we will be able to do something about it...
CHS

PreviousNext

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required