thai divorce with out husbands involment

thai divorce with out husbands involment

Postby karl88 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:41 pm

i have learn that my girl is stil married. she believes that BOTH her and her husband must go do the paperwork to obtain a divorce. is this so? the former husbands whereabouts are unknown - he has a girlfriend. can my girl get a divorce without him?

if she is still legally married, registered with the government, that presents a little problem - as i would like to be the one, but i'm not big on bigamy. (pardon the pun)
karl88

RE: thai divorce with out husbands involment

Postby Rooster on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:36 pm

You need to get a Thai lawyer to handle this. It is simple case of abandonment. It is not uncommon in Thailand. It is not hard to file a case of no fault and abandonment divorce if the other person do not show-up when summoned by the court.
Rooster

divorce

Postby ray on Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:52 am

How can I find out if my thai wife has devorced me in Bangkok since we last parted 14 years ago. She lived in Bangkok where we were married. I returned back to UK and we have had no contact since. I need to find out if she filed for divorse
ray

RE: RE: thai divorce with out husbands involment

Postby colinhorton on Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:16 pm

Do you know of a good solicitor,who is used to doing this type of case.My thai lady married a english man 6 years ago but she's not sure where he is as she's not seen him for 5 years.We desperately want to know how to get a divorce for her.There are no children
colinhorton

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required