Thai tradition

RE: RE: Thai tradition

Postby colin howard on Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:40 am

hi juan , of course you have forgot roosters third choice , and that is to become a "capable terrorist", please weigh up all the options available and then let us know what you have decided , the world awaits your monumental decision!!!!, colin .
colin howard

Postby colin howard on Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:25 am

hi ian , sounds like your father in law is in for a well deserved retirement after sitting on his butt all his life , and there is a big difference in buying a beer for her brother , than having them come into your house whilst you are out somewhere and emptying your fridge as if it is there divine right to do so , colin .
colin howard

Postby Juan on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:28 am

Hi Collin,

I am not surprise that didn’t escape your inquisitive aye. Just let me say the third option “capable terrorist” was quickly dismiss as I found it rather uncomfortable.

By the way, you are dead right about being lucky to get Rooster advice. I consider him much more knowledgeable and sound than I am.

Juan
Juan

Postby colin howard on Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:10 pm

hi juan , it would appear that you have settled for the goats and camels then, my compliments for a wise choice cos at least they won,t answer you back will they, and of course you can always milk the goats instead of being financially "milked" yourself,lololol, regards , colin .
colin howard

Postby AD on Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:12 pm

Go for it Jaun, take Colins third option, with a bit of luck you will quickly get your 49 virgins !
AD

Postby Robert on Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:05 am

Hey wait a minute Juan... Maybe you can work something out here.. Think this thing out...
If you go with the Indian lady you can negotiate a huge dowry.. Not so bad..

With a Thai girl not only do you pay the family but you get milked for what you have left..Maybe not so good.

AD and Colins options... Which include the 49 virgins might not be so bad... Look, perhaps you can negoitate some dowry here.. So you can sit up there comfortably enjoying the virgins AND and dowry. Plus, perhaps you can even negotiate on the 49 virgin issue.. You know, ah maybe 24 virgins, 24 experienced girls...with perhaps a ladyboy thrown in..
Robert

Postby Juan on Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:43 am

Hi Colin, I knew I came to the right place. I must admit you got me laughing this morning. David’s mention about the Virgins (I never have been with one) dissipated all my doubts. To settle down the question I’m proud to announce you that I WILL DEFINITLY GO FOR THE GOATS!!!

Best regards and Happy Christmas to all of you, patient readers. Juan
Juan

Postby AD on Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:37 pm

Jaun ............ OMG .............no no no ! ....Please dont take the virgin option.
I was referring to the prize given to Muslims who strap on a bomb throw the switch and take a few others with him.
AD

Postby colin howard on Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:50 pm

yeah robert , i must admit the possibility's are endless for our juan , but personally i think he made a wise choice in the goats , have a good christmas , all our best from yao and i , colin .
colin howard

Postby Ian on Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:36 pm

Colin - you're right about beer-raiding being unacceptable.
But you're probably wrong about my father-in-law.
He once was young - and therefore had to serve his elders and superiors : this is the traditional Thai way.
Also he looks after my child well - and had a large family of his own.
So he probably worked reasonably hard in the past.
But nothing like as hard as his wife - my mother in law :
SHE is STILL working hard !!
Ian

PreviousNext

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required