Thai wife always asks for more money, keeps her 1 Million BHT in her bank. WHY???

RE: RE: Thai wife always asks for more money, keeps her 1 Million BHT in her bank. WHY???

Postby Juan on Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi Tom

I’m afraid there is a lot of sense in what Erika and Rooster said. I know too well that very often a good advice comes rough and hard to swallow.

Best regards
Juan
Juan

RE: Thai wife always asks for more money, keeps her 1 Million BHT in her bank. WHY???

Postby Coryn on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:20 pm

Hi,

I think the term is "greng jai" (forgive me for my Farang spelling) where you are shy or feel like it is rude to ask for or take something that is offered to you.

I am married to a Thai girl and i think I hear this statement everyday even from blood family.

I do not believe that honest Thai people would stoop to that level to beg for something for they are hard working proud people, just listen to their national anthem.

Also, sorry, but is she Isan?
Coryn

Re: Thai wife always asks for more money, keeps her 1 Million BH

Postby Erich on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:24 pm

It is again amusing to read how the Thai girls try to \\ //// money from the farangs. The price for one rai seems to me very high, but I don't know where the place is. Last year we bought 3 rai uphill Hua Hin for 450 K. In any case I would check the price before I would agree. Seeing is believing !!
Erich

Postby expattaffy on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:55 pm

Hi Tom. I agree that the land you bought was expensive. I bought nine rai for my Thai wife and it only cost 350,000 Baht. As far as buying land in Thailand is concerned I do think there is a great problem slowly arising. Thais who own land and want to sell know very well that they can get more for the land if it is sold to a Thai lady who has a farang, hence what is now happening is Thais are puting up their land for sale with a condition, Only to Farangs. This is a dangerous practice on their behalf because the situation arising means local Thais are not able to buy, hence problems. As for your ladies cash in the bank just remember these people do not have access to public funds as in the UK so dont blame her for wanting to secure her future. She may well feel insecure in that you may wish to dump her for a younger lady. What about weekly cash? How much do you give her? A friend of mine gives his wife just 2 thousand Baht and she is happy. I give mine 6 thousand Baht a week. You do however have to be careful with these ladies because a lot of them are false and just money grabbing. Some Thai ladies have had a devorce just to get married to a farang for the cash and still hang onto their husbands who are in agreement with the scam. Do a test on this lady Tom. Ask her if she will go to a western solicitor and do you a thirty day lease for the land you bought. If she agrees I would say she is OK, if she refuses simply pack your bags, there are a lot more around. Ps have a devorce and you can claim half the land price back.
expattaffy

Postby expattaffy on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:58 pm

Sorry Tom that should be THIRTY YEARS lease not thirty days.
expattaffy

Postby Dave on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:10 am

Sounds like someone is being set up for the Thai "cleaners"!
Dave

Postby huggybear on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:28 pm

Hi there.
I had been married to a thai girl for 7 years we had been trough good times and bad in the last few years i had lost all my money in buisnes and we where hit hard my thai wife is still with me and she even works hard to help us and here very sick mother.
my friend you need to test this girl of yours my wife never asked me for that sum of cash be very carefull and thing before you act if you give in after she takes the amount she has in her mind she will leave without a trace when you find a thai who ask allot of money be carfull and think, you had been given allot of usefull advive by different people listen and see.
Some thai ladies are only interested in cash if she was married to a wealty thai and she left there is a very good reason and that is that she likes money more.
take care my friend the thai say that farangs are only ATM machines??????????????????
huggybear
huggybear

Postby Randal Moss on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:25 pm

I have recently left LOS, and I could not be happier. For the many who chose to pick up a bar girl, or a village lady with the intellectual capacity of a 5 year old is great for some. Those 'some' being those 55+ old farts who can marry a 20 year old, or those whose only goal is cheap golf and plentiful beer warm beer, or those just planning their next to to Pattaya. So get a grip, those of you who blindly defend the double standard the Thais impose on foreigners. We are their ATM machine, and Bangkok is seen as the sex capital of S-E Asia. How ironic. The government silently allows a rampant sex industry, yet purport to adhere to a higher moral standard. What a bunch of garbage. Seems like the deadbeats who hang onto their delusions and believe that their true love is just that and not with them for one reason...MONEY..support and the support of their families. I agree there are many exceptions to such a blatant statement. But the mega thousands of young girls who reluctantly enter into the 'flesh trade' do that because of family obligation, and a failed social security system for the poorest of Thais. Where is the 'saving face' stuff we all hear about. The parents put this guilt trip on these girls at a very young age, so they do what they have to do. So, publish or don't publish this. The truth hurts, and censorship will not alter the facts and that I am sure many feel the same as I do. We all know someone who has been deceived, //// to, ripped-off and much more. We all know the disdain the Thais have for foreigners and the 'mongers' walking around with girls who could be their daughters. So, get a grip those foreigner's who defend their lifestyle and the many....not few.... Thais who would prefer if we all just went away. I did, and boy am I much happier. So these posts centered about money...your money..should be of no surprise to anyone with half a brain. So cheers, order up your 10th bottle, and go home and get some loving. You have paid dearly for it.
Randal Moss

Re: RE: Thai wife always asks for more money, keeps her 1 Millio

Postby Martinus on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:15 pm

Juan wrote:Sometimes I just wonder if the compulsive habit of asking for money is genetically install in the brains of Thai ladies!!

I always wonder if rewarding that habit by giving them what they want is genetically installed in all foreign males......
Martinus

Postby Dumi on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:41 am

Tom...don't worry i'm in a much worse position than you are in...my Sin sod cost me 1.5mil baht...the wedding cost me 700k Baht, the wedding photos cost me 200k baht, her spending on my credit card for the year 2007 was 2mil baht...sometimes i wonder why i fall for this...but at the end of the day sometimes we are stuck in this situation and unless we make the bold decision to leave them ( for me it's difficult as i have a kid)....eversince i knew my wife i think i blew away at least 8mil baht in 3 years! do i regret it? yes....marrying a thai is never easy....i thought my wife was crazy so i went out and got 5 mia nois! and yes you guessed it...they're all the same! thankfully i still have some cash stashed away...while you can afford it, you stay married...if you can't you bail out....i hope i don't have to bail out as it'll mean i'm down to my last dollar!
Dumi

PreviousNext

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required