Only foreign men?

Re: Only foreign men?

Postby BrowserP on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:03 pm

I see.
Last edited by BrowserP on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrowserP

Postby NPB on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:11 pm

I also kinow a foreign woman who is married to a Thai man. It is much easier for her to get visas etc than it is for men. Don't complain and don't look down on men who marry bargirls. Those women get out of poverty more successfully than anyone else can in Thailand. Quite often, they use the men around them very successfully and they are the 'winners' in Thailand more than the 'victims'. If you wish to get rid of problems associated with sex trade in Thailand, legalize prostitution so that exploitation and extortion by police and others becomes more difficult, then focus on improving the educational system and spreading the wealth so that other options exist for women who are not content with poverty.
NPB

Postby juggernaut on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:54 am

My friend told me of one Russian lady from Canada who married a famous Thai tennis player. She was supposedly a miss world at some point. Both are very rich and famous.

Regarding the visa runs, I find them pathetic. It's extremely immoral that Thai government makes it practically impossible for the foreign spouse to permanently settle with the married Thai partner. In my belief it's a great sin to drive wedge between legally married couples. Maybe institute of marriage is not held in such high regard in Thailand as in other places of the world. We consider it a holy matrimony, and a privilege to facilitate and nurture the husband-wife relationship.

Whenever a Thai marries a European, American and Indian, they are given immediate permanent residence as well as work-permit, regardless if they are female or male. There are no excessive hoops to jump through. If you got a marriage certificate, you can instantly get a permanent residence/work permit with minimal hassle. You also get a fast-track to optional citizenship: 3yrs in USA, 5 yrs in EU/India. In fact visa runs are usually discouraged if not prohibited, to facilitate naturalization and family integration. The bottom line is that if institute of marriage is not sacrosanct in Thailand, it explains the immoral laws that deny a spouse the rightful permanent access to his wedded partner. God bless all the married couples whose hearts are being unnecessarily torn in agony, and hopefully Thailand can introduce laws more humane, moral and compliant with the great nations and divinity of marriage.

If these hurdles persist, I will simply take my partner out of Thailand and permanently stay abroad, and forever look down upon the Thai system's lack of sanctity in matrimony. They complain of the immoral "farangs" and "kekhs", but they prevent thriving of moral love and deprive the true lovers a stable life. Thai government has a very long way to go. It's already in process of change, so please go in the correct direction.
Last edited by juggernaut on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
juggernaut

Postby BangkokPostGuy on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:36 pm

It seems like one of Thailand's major resources is ladies.
BangkokPostGuy

Previous

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required