So called "yellow book" or Thai house book

So called "yellow book" or Thai house book

Postby Mr. Isaan on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:48 am

Recently I heard, if you have the so called "yellow book" or Thai house book, your entitled to medical treatment like Thai citizens.
Is that true or another gossip in the farang community?
Thanks in advance for information
Mr. Isaan

Re: So called "yellow book" or Thai house book

Postby Silaworld on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:15 am

Except for registering a boat, a motorbike and a car on my name, I have no idea for what else this yellow book might be useful for?!
I am also a registered "patient" in a government hospital in another province than the one where I applied for the yellow book. Hospital' s administration never asked me for that book and I pay exactly the same fees as any other Thai citizen.
Silaworld

Postby Ted on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:15 am

Having read about the yellow book in the Bangkok Post some time ago, yesterday at the immigration office in Surat Thani I have organised mine. My question is if you go to government hospital and require medication, can you purchase it at the phamacy at the hospital and pay the same as thai's. I take my father in law every two months to the hospital. I require medication for heart valve and would have consultation with doctor then. Currently I visit private hospital and the medication is very expensive. I have private insurance but this does not cover medication.
Ted

Postby Silaworld on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:21 am

Ted wrote:Having read about the yellow book in the Bangkok Post some time ago, yesterday at the immigration office in Surat Thani I have organised mine. My question is if you go to government hospital and require medication, can you purchase it at the phamacy at the hospital and pay the same as thai's. I take my father in law every two months to the hospital. I require medication for heart valve and would have consultation with doctor then. Currently I visit private hospital and the medication is very expensive. I have private insurance but this does not cover medication.

I am a registered <patient> in a government (Red Cross) hospital. As I stated before, being registered in a hospital has nothing to do with a <yellow book> which I have for other reasons. I pay exactly the same doctor's fees, medication bills, and so on as any other Thai citizen.
I also do not understand how you got a <yellow book> at the immigration office. The yellow and blue books are issued at the Amphur-office.
Silaworld

Postby Ted on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:45 am

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I went to immigration on Friday with the completed form they gave me and two passport size photos. Paid 300 baht and received letter from them (with one of the photos attached). Will then go to amphur office in Karnchanadist on Monday with the letter, my wifes ID and the house papers and will then receive the 'yellow book'. Once again thanks for your helpful advise.
Ted

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required