Are there any good marriages out there?

Re: Are there any good marriages out there?

Postby yupin on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:54 pm

YES! we have been married for 32 years and it gets better by the day. Without her I would not be who I now am. It's the respect that makes a marriage grow. Jack
yupin

Postby old jarhead on Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:05 pm

Once I decided to make a woman happy, a woman that makes me happy appeared (of course she was in Thailand).
old jarhead

Postby Dionigi on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:27 pm

I have been married to a Thai for 27 years. Like any relationship there was some adjustment to one another at first but I could not be happier with my wife she is hard working, bright and makes me laugh. I would not change anything.
Dionigi

Postby bhvmaia on Mon May 03, 2010 4:09 am

After seven years of marriage to my Thai wife, I am madly in love with her. Every year, every day, she gets better, our life gets better. She is a traditional Thai village girl with strong Buddhist beliefs and high honor. She is content with our level in society, she does not fall victim to 'epudee' notions of competing with other Thais in showing off by spending. Marriage to a 'rich farang' has not distorted her view on life, she knows that our security is much more important than the foolish shallow opinions of others. I helped her learn English and start with simple jobs until she qualified for a position at a national retailer where she is building seniority and a solid retirement account. In four years she has raised herself to trustworthy authority and 'top pay' in her category as cashier. I also gave her computers and helped her learn online stock market trading and now she manages her own investment accounts, where she has been very successful. I am enormously proud of her. I know other 'farang' whose experience is similar to mine, and to those who are having different results, look to yourself for why. Either you chose rashly and wrongly, or you have not learned how to bring out the best in a Thai woman. Understand that she needs a strong hand, so that she understands where you want to go and what you need from her. Understand also that when she gives herself to you, it is a deep commitment, and therefore you inherit a major responsibility to keep her as your highest priority and cherish her as a jewel, as your queen. She looks to you for inspiration, you have to become her hero. To do that, you have an obligation to become better than you are, bigger than you are. If you succeed in that, everything else will follow automatically.
bhvmaia

Postby nokhook on Mon May 03, 2010 6:31 am

I think potluck has been honest, and writes the most interesting post. How he's healthy 4 years after being terminally ill I don't know: but keep fighting. How'd you meet your wife?
nokhook

Postby lookpapa on Mon May 03, 2010 12:06 pm

It was third time lucky but finally I've got a wife and our son who are happy and consequently so am I.Ten and a half years and still going strong.Big age gap but they're only numbers.The secret? Absolute honesty and no secrets.There are no skeletons in my cupboard and no surprises for her to know.Living in God's own country,Australia helps.Financially independent is a good start. An adaptable and accommodating wife, a good mother and a caring wife.What can I tell you, lucky all around.
lookpapa

Postby farang_jai on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Been together for seven years and married two of them. We are as happy as ever; she's picking fresh chili peppers as I type this. No secret, but like others have said it includes honesty, respect, communication, lots of laughs, some tears, effort, kindness, and of course love.
farang_jai

Previous

Return to Domestic / cross cultural issues - Thai / Foreigner concerns