Postby skyaslimit on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:46 am

ashleyco wrote:Any progress?

Yes I get a year older last June.
:cheers:
skyaslimit

Re: Permanent Residence Permit ?

Postby skyaslimit on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:13 am

Permanent residency quota unveiled

BANGKOK: -- The cabinet has approved the Immigration Commission's annual quota for granting permanent residency to foreign nationals, deputy government spokeswoman Sunisa Lertpakawat said Tuesday.

The 2013 quota allows a maximum of 100 persons per country and 50 stateless persons to be given permanent residency, the same number as last year.

Foreigners wanting to stay in Thailand permanently can submit applications in December at immigration offices in Bangkok and other provinces.

A total of 241 foreigners from 32 countries applied for the permanent resident status last year and authorities are processing their applications, Lt Sunisa said. Bangkok Post 10/09/2013
skyaslimit

Postby Christine8 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:26 am

Hello,

I've been in thailand and I really love it :D . When I was there I've met some people that offer me a job there. Now I'm back to Portugal (but I'm from the US) and I would like to know if I should take care here in the embassy the residence permit or should I do it once I arrive in thailand ? What do I need to apply to a permanent residence permit ?

Thanks for your help :P
Christine
Christine8

Postby skyaslimit on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:31 am

Christine8 wrote:Hello,

I've been in thailand and I really love it :D . When I was there I've met some people that offer me a job there. Now I'm back to Portugal (but I'm from the US) and I would like to know if I should take care here in the embassy the residence permit or should I do it once I arrive in thailand ? What do I need to apply to a permanent residence permit ?

Thanks for your help :P
Christine

Here is the Thai Immigration link for Permanent Residence Certificate, Requirements, Documentations,Fees and Rules, all in one place, you can download required information in pdf format, I hope you will find this link useful.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en ... =residence

Cheers
skyaslimit

Re: Permanent Residance Permit ?

Postby soltair on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:35 am

bobbyd wrote:
by skyaslimit on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Any progress? Any one on this forum?

If and when the interior minister signs off the PR forms, you'll hear about it. It will be big news as no one has been approved for 3 or 4 years now!

Make that 7 years. Informed sources tell me for B 1 Mln things happen. If the process of applying and approving is complete, which the law states within 2 years, delaying over that time is actually against Thai law. I believe in making more noise on all forums will eventually bear fruit. It's like this present government, shine the light on their wrong doings and suddenly it is BIG news.
soltair

Previous

Return to Visa / work permit / resident / citizenship / dual passport - what's required