U.S. Visa Appointment

U.S. Visa Appointment

Postby thaiherb on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:30 pm

Can anyone help me answer my question on behalf of my brother? I applied for a B2 visa for my brother and paid for a pin number since February 17, this year. I tried to get an appointment by log-on the internet a few times a day for more than a month. Every time I log-on and answered all the questions required, the end result is appointment is full or not yet opened. What is the catch? Why a visa agencies can make appointment for their group, but I can't do for just one person?

Thank you for your help.
thaiherb

Re: U.S. Visa Appointment

Postby bobbyd on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:51 pm

by thaiherb on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:30 pm

Can anyone help me answer my question on behalf of my brother? I applied for a B2 visa for my brother and paid for a pin number since February 17, this year. I tried to get an appointment by log-on the internet a few times a day for more than a month. Every time I log-on and answered all the questions required, the end result is appointment is full or not yet opened. What is the catch? Why a visa agencies can make appointment for their group, but I can't do for just one person?

Thank you for your help.

Call the American Citizen services number listed on their website and ask them. A person actually picks up the phone!
bobbyd

Postby Eggmeng on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:59 am

bobbyd wrote:
by thaiherb on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:30 pm

Thank you for your help.

Call the American Citizen services number listed on their website and ask them. A person actually picks up the phone!

Assuming that neither thaiherb nor the brother is an American citizen (if they were why would a visa be required?) then I don't know why they could expect assistance from American citizen services. Do correct me if your experience says otherwise.
Eggmeng

Postby bobbyd on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:30 pm

your absolutely right Egg. They ask if your yank and if you say no, they hang up!
bobbyd

Postby surinfarm on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:01 am

The best way to attend to any such business with the American mission would be in-person face to face. Something tends to be always lost by phone or email.... :shock:
surinfarm

Postby ChalongBoy on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:54 pm

bobbyd wrote:your absolutely right Egg. They ask if your yank and if you say no, they hang up!

Bobbyied.. sounds like you have one to many encounter with the Brit Fuzz... They don't hang up but do remember that the area is for American Cit Services. Most of the things there are relevant to U.S. Passport holders... Works quite well.. the timing for Embassy outreach services is not always in sync for me!
ChalongBoy

Return to Visa / work permit / resident / citizenship / dual passport - what's required