Muslim Prayer Room

RE: RE: Sorry ...

Postby aheaaJa on Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:55 am

All this debate of a place to pray? Please read below Thailand won't have to worry all tourist are going to Clark and not to Pray!! maybe to party wake up Thailand.

Luciano said Hong Kong Airlines will fly the Hong Kong-Clark-Hong Kong route beginning December 10 using its fleet of Boeing 737-800s and Boeing 787s that has seating capacities of 156 economy seats and eight business seats, four times a week or every Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.

"We are quite confident with the market," said Stanley Kan, general manager of HK Airlines Ground Services

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia-based Tair Airlines will start its Clark-Riyadh-Jeddah service in January with an initial four flights a week and eventually serve the route on a daily basis with 747 aircraft in a bid to tap some 1.4 million OFWs who hail from Central and Northern Luzon.

Luciano said the Philippine and Saudi governments have already issued the necessary permits for Tair Airlines to serve the route.

HONEYWHAT?
aheaaJa

RE: RE: Sorry ...

Postby Rooster on Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:28 pm

Bkkpost censored by last response. So it is simple. Nobody should pay to subsidize anyone elses' religious practices. If the AOT wants Thai airports to have some kind of pray room, then it should be labeled as "UNIVERSAL PRAY ROOM." So anyone who wish to pray could do so without hesitation. If Muslims feel like they can not mix in the same room with anyone elses, than they can wait their turn on the queue to pray in private. Oh, hailer and any Muslims. I am not a bit surprise to view your supports for any Muslims whether it is in Thailand or etc. doing their jihads against non-Muslims. So you can ranting off and other murderous rampants as usual when you are not satisfy with somethings according to your Arabic belief.
Rooster

accepted your tone now

Postby Hailer on Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:30 pm

Rooster,

I am positively accepted your tone now. I am sorry for my provocative point in previous writing. Probably I was too defensive negatively.

But if you see my 1st reply to your post date Nov 23rd 2006. It was not a confrontational language. See the following:

“It’s just one of the marketing strategies to attract more tourists and transit passenger especially from rich Muslim countries. Nothing else than that.”

From my reply above, since the prayer already provided, it makes me to give opinion of why the AOT provides the prayer room. The 2nd point in my last post was, if the prayer room is just empty and small room then, if not appropriate to charge airport taxes. All these were not about that I am not satisfied with some things according to Islam. (‘Arabic belief’ is not an accurate term to describe Islam.) But I look this issue from the perspective of commercial value rather than the prejudice of religious issue raised by Steven. It gives us an idea that Steven is an anti-muslim person.

For me, Steven is not an ethical professional. Imagine that the impact to Thailand if he will address the issue in the US and rethink their investments in Bangkok, all just because of his personal feeling about this prejudice. Why should he feel it is a prejudice? It is in Thailand and not in the US. I personally in doubt weather his industry group would listen to him, or just let their existing investment generate no return.

Hope you do not confused, Jihad doesn’t means against non-Muslim. It too sad that terrorists amongst Arabs (an arab individual/group born as muslim) use it to inspire their efforts to show their anger to the word.

Oops, my last comment - I am not an Arabs muslim, but I am just a muslim with my own ethnic tradition. I practise this belief with my own tradition values. I’m not against any non-muslim, and of course I’m not against you too.
Hailer

Good news for Philippine

Postby Hailer on Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:49 pm

Good news for Philippine. Philippine is the Catholic country but getting more tourists and businessmen from Arab countries. Those days many arabs visit North America and European countries. But now, because they have difficulties to enter US and some countries EU due to their discriminative rule, they change their destination such as China, Indonesia, Mauritius, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa, and now may be the Philippine.
Hailer

RE: RE: Muslim Prayer Room

Postby a passerby on Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:32 am

Because the point why not for Christians for exclusive praying room is I believe that no one Christian is supposed to raise such question if the author is a christian or a westerner. (I am one of christians too).

It is very very common sence for a christian to make prayer anywhere and anytime, with or without rosary (I carry one with me). No one feel to need an exclusive praying room.

However, muslim's praying posture is unique and need an exclusive room that does not intervene or be intervened by others. This is the reason to have secluded place.

To these point, Is it funny for me to re-ask what originally the author try to make question ?. In dialogue, any unspoken, but spoken (underplots or shapeless hidden) implication can be a common knowledge and one can comprise it into an integrity before making a question. This is the real conversation.

How do you accuse me if I can properly read or not. You are the same kind of this author.
If I accuse like this, you will be very much provoked. Our kind of people do not insult to the face directly like you.
a passerby

RE: accepted your tone now

Postby Rooster on Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:45 am

You do not have to apologize to me. It is the non-Muslim world who you have to show your sincerity and not asking to be some sort of social prostitutes. I do not care who is your master. Islam is Arabic cultural derived and driven religion. You may not be an Arab, but you are trying hard to be an Arab...that is the a goal of all wannabe Muslims. I regard individual faith as private and politic should be non-secular. I would love to turn these so called pray room spaces at every Thai airports into tea shops and Thai restaurants if the AOT would rent these spaces to me or the winning bid.
Rooster

Postby Rooster on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:40 am

It is obvious that he or she would ask the question since you and all of people knew that not all Muslims pray punctually and in according to their religion. Please do not leave out other religions also with their own postural pray positions too. It is very much up to the individual to decide how and when they are going to pray since airport is not a place of warship and should not be. If Muslims are serious about having their own pray room, than the OIC and Islamic organizations should rent out these rooms at every airports in every countries and do not ask non-Muslims to subsidize their religious practices.
Rooster

Postby harry on Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:53 pm

There is a very simple solution for the Muslim praying room. Just change it to be a room of silence for everybody who like to have a few minutes of silence to pray or for non religious people to redraw themselves to contemplate. They can call it the "quiet room".
harry

Postby waltik on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:55 pm

should make a prayer room for every religion
waltik

Postby TheWrathOfGrapes on Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:17 am

/// Hey, Every international, big name corporates including Exxon has muslim payer room in their Arabian office. ///

Passer-by - the BIG difference is most of the Middle Easter countries are Islamic countries. You don't see Exxon having Muslim prayer room in their China Office, Japan office or UK office, do you? And I thought Thailand is a predominantly Buddhist country, not Muslim.
TheWrathOfGrapes

PreviousNext

Return to Thai airports, trains, buses, public transport