reciprocal agreements

Re: reciprocal agreements

Postby Kildare on Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:59 pm

Gentlemen. Visa Regulations will change as time goes on, but never for the better. I have lived in Bangkok for more than 20 years and the Visa Regulations are worse now than 20 years ago. So, my advice, condition your mind for the long haul, stay calm and be careful what you wish for.
A little background. I am married to a Thai lady.We have a Daughter. I have changed my address one in 20 years and I am still doing the one year visa and the 90 day run.
Kildare

Postby shakeyd on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:27 pm

scyriacus wrote:
shakeyd wrote:...Lets take one of your comments and make you understand something clear.
Farangs cannot enter Thailand without a visa FACT ...
dead wrong! most farangs arrive without any visa on 'visa exemption'.
Thais can also buy land and property as long as the money is of legal means so please explain were the parity is here....
there is no parity and that's what i say! farang land & thai land cannot be compared.
for the same amount needed to build a villa in thailand you can hardly build a garage in farang country!

I don't care frankly if you want to go to the UK and steal our women because you are welcome to them as you will soon understand that Thai women are a dream to be married to compared to the UK women so good look with that one mate.
it was meant to be a bad joke, but your 'sense of humor' seems to be limited.
so lets turn it around for you to understand:
because there is no parity,
many old farangs invade thailand to 'steal' the dreams of many thai men and 'spoil' them.
and that is NOT a joke!
but why are the vast majority of your fellow-countrymen still married to english women,
if they are worth less? any splendid idea again?

And just one more point, I don't demand nor do I expect anything from Thai people in terms of reciprical treatment as you failed to read I am very happy here and I would rather be here than back in the UK but if the Thai goverment would change slightly maybe the visa rules then that would make me even more happy to be here.
why should thailand change anything, if you are happy anyway? why should they make you even more happy?
would you make life better for thais in the uk by lowering taxes for them? what is you 'reciprocal' really all about?
do you want to have an even more prefered treatment? would you ever like to swap with any common thai?
you really get under my skin!

I doubt this will happen but in life you never know and if any Thai wants to make a new life in the UK then great go for it and I wish them well with high taxes with every purchase, high tax on there hard earned income and high tax just for living in a home regardless whether or not you own it and that doeasn't include the rest of the things such as dull weather, unhappy people and a host more of other things.
here we believe you 100% first time. but where is your infamous parity?

my answers and remarks are in red

Look Scyriacus,

I think you are correct when you say the cost of building a home in Thailand is not the same as the UK and I have no argument with that quote at all. But what you fail so badly to understand is that every country throughout the world has different prices for land and property.Let me give you an example, I have a 1 bedroom apartment in Paphos Cyprus which has cost me 63,000 Euros when built and in the Uk I have a 2 bedroom Flat that I lease out and this cost me £50,000 to buy.Now tell me am I to complain that the Cyprus apartment cost me more or am I to go with the market forces in each country.Now my comments regarding you going to the UK and stealing our women.If you understand the English humour then you will understand we are a bunch with a dry sense of humour and like you it was meant in jest so let sleeping dogs lie on that one other than to say I amnot old nor am I fat and it is up to each person in the world as to whom they fall in love with so that is the end of that.

I am happy here and yes less runs to the border would make my life somewhat easier but as I said first time round, this isn't going to happen in my lifetime so I will just get on with it and live my life in as much peace as possible.I will still argue that Thais can and do buy land in the UK and also the visa rules are easier but if you wish to stick with your version then please do as you are very much alone here as I don't see anyone backing you up on your ideas.

Anyway, no time to hold grudges as I have a beer to drink so have fun people you are a long time dead. :cheers:
shakeyd

Postby saensing on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:14 am

well i do agree with some comments .
Farang No visa to thialand 30 days.
Buy house and land still not change Farang cannot buy. However, you can buy apartment ot penhouse if u like.
I am not quite sure that u can buy holiday home some palce in Thailand . If you are pensioners you can buy house and land Have agreement and contract 10-50years.
I am thai and have dual passport. UK. I got all benefit both country .
The weather is worse and people are unhappy here as some comment said that is true. However, A lot good things here too Thai gov should have learnt.

Kon Thai UK
saensing

Postby shakeyd on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:51 pm

1. to obtain any kind of visa for thailand is much easier for farangs than getting visa for usa, uk, germany, france and so on for thais. only the rich have always lesser problems than the poor.
OK, I agree with you here as you have to prove that you have enogh money to last the period of your stay,However that is the same for farangs who are advised that a per month they should have at least 40,000 Baht.The major difference here is that if we are talking about men taking there woman back to the UK they can do so as long as they act as a sponsor for the person applying for the visa.
2. just compare tax-sin and any one of his voters from isaan. that's the difference!
I have no interest in geting involved in Thai Politics as this is not my place to do so,I also think that ALL PEOPLE involved in politics throughout the world are somewhat corrupt anyway.3. buying property in thailand is much easier & cheaper than buying any property in any of the above mentioned countries
the price of property there is so prohibitive, that they don't need any protection, but thailand does need that protection.
Again we will beg to differ here because I can't buy property here unless it is in my wives name and much like anythwhere in the world you will have those that can afford to buy and those that can't so we will go round and round with this one so let sleeping dogs lie here.if only the many poor girls 'selling pussy' would have been protected likewise against the evil big-farang-money.......
Well my friend that is a problem for Thailand but Thailand is not alone with this problem and it is down to education from the Thai goverment and maybe the should clamp down harder on sext ourist and bar owners.This won't happen though as there are too many fingers in the money pot to stop it overnight, but in general I agree with you.4. why are you so very pessimistic about visa-rules. they just waived the bloody 90 day rule and all visa fees.
that' a big advance, isn't it?
Really would you like to point me in the right direction as it seems nobody is aware of this ruling other than you.5. i know one farang who lives in thailand for ten years, but has to leave for a visa-run every two weeks.
when he comes to malaysia for just 5 minutes, he gets 90 days and a smile
Ok do the math, 2 weeks is 14 days so why would he be getting a 90 day visa?6. maybe we should complain less on forums but speak more to our politicians and exchange experience here.
what thai embassy or consulate is easiest to obtain visa?
Maybe you are right but since when did a politician ever listen to there voters unless they are to gain from changing the rules.

And just to finish this as you know a forum is for people to air there views freely no matter whether they are right or wrong and that my friend is the best thing about the internet, unless of course you are censored in your views.Peace out friend and relax with a beer
:cheers:
shakeyd

Postby shakeyd on Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:53 am

:cheers: Here wo go,I hope one day to play you at poker because your arguments are now getting fewer by the post, so I will win this one outright and go all in.
you obviously don't know much about visa.
it seems everyone is aware about these rules but you.
but let me explain to the other readers here (and point you in the right direction):

4. there was a rule, that no alien could stay more than 90 days per any six month in thailand without a visa,
even not on visa exemption. that meant at least one visa in any six month period.
that is abolished now. farang can stay indefinitely without visa. no more counting days.
Visa Exemption

With effect from 06 December 2008 any person eligible to enter Thailand under the “Visa Exemption Rule” will be granted a stay of maximum 30 days but only if entering the Kingdom via an international airport. Persons entering Thailand through a land border checkpoint from a neighboring country will be granted a maximum stay of just 15 days.

Passport holders of the 48 countries listed below are entitled to enter Thailand under the “Visa Exemption Rule” provided they meet all of the following criteria:-

a) Purpose of visit is strictly tourism.

b) Must be in possession of a confirmed flight ticket (e-ticket acceptable) to show they will be flying out of
Thailand within 30 days or 15 days of entry, as appropriate. Open tickets do not qualify. Travelling overland
out of Thailand by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia (including en route to Singapore), Myanmar
(Burma), etc is not accepted as proof of exiting Thailand.
You may be asked to show your flight ticket on entering Thailand. If you do not possess a flight ticket to
show you will be exiting Thailand within 30 or 15 days of entry you are likely to be refused entry and may not
even be allowed to check in for your flight to Thailand.

c) Having access to living expenses of 20,000 baht (approx £300) per person or 40,000 baht (approx £600) per family. It may be necessary to be able to prove this on entry.

Website Link:http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads/Aa%20%20General%20Visa%20Rules%20and%20Regulations.doc

Read and weap little boy.

5. your math is useless here. the difference is between thai & malay visa rules.
i was telling you, that for just 5min in malaysia some farangs are granted 90 days on entry,
but if the same farang wants to stay in thailand many years, they just give him 14 days.
eg one visa-run every 2 weeks! that should be harmonized to 90 days both!
this would save lots of time, money, gasoline, passports, stamps.
the only problem for thailand: less tourist entries!
today they count the guy staying the whole year in thailand as 26 entries!! (amazing thailand, isn't it?)

As this is about Thailand and not Malaysia I will again prove to you that your " Friend " is doing things the wrong way by going on a visa run every 14 days when inf act he can get a Non Imigration O visa as per below and here are the rules.

Persons of all ages not eligible to enter Thailand under the “Visa Exemption Rule” or the “Visa-On-Arrival Rule” must be in possession of a valid Tourist Visa or Non-Immigrant Visa, which must be relevant to their period of stay in Thailand. They must obtain this visa before arriving in Thailand otherwise they may be refused entry. Persons of the 48 countries listed below are entitled to a stay of 60 days with a valid Tourist Visa or 90 days with a valid Non-Immigrant Visa:-

And again here are the details:
Category “O” (other) – this category entitles a person:
a) to an extended stay for tourism purposes
b) to visit Thai spouse/family
c) to visit non Thai family/friends living in Thailand
d) to participate in unpaid volunteer work in Thailand
e) to seek employment in Thailand
f) to visit as a UK pensioner

Information about satisfying requirements of each category of non-immigrant visa is available on request

Please note it is not generally possible to extend a stay in Thailand. Extensions of stay are granted only in exceptional circumstances and are at the discretion of the Thai immigration officer

do you understand that? if not, just google or go to thai immigration website
I did and guess what I am right AGAIN, now be a good boy and jog on and talk about Malasia on a Maylasia Forum you muppet :lol:
shakeyd

Postby shakeyd on Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:11 am

Ok, here we go again
1: I have never ranted against the visa situation as I only said that it would be nice to have a reciprocal agreement and on that point I said it won't happen in my lifetime so no point getting stressed which if you knew me and you don't you would know I don't do stressed.This conversation that we have had has gone from visa problems for some and also included the topic of land and property purchase and throughout I have given you my opinion and that is what forums are for and the great thing about them is they attract people like me and you who are strong minded with our views on the topic.

I will say this for you once more just to be clear, I am happy in Thailand and also have been for 5 years and don't see that changing given my happy family lifestyle here but would I like to make it more fixed solution to the problem.I have never been to Malaysia but I have heard it is easier for people to retire to from overseas and maybe Thailand can take Malaysia as an example of how it can work but only you can tell me about that.

I have no axe to grind with you my friend as I don't do aggro, I think you may have thought I was getting angry or I may have been drinking too much beer but it is purely my sense of humour my friend and nothing more.I said this before, nothing matters you are a long time dead and so you should spend time having fun rather than stressing about things you can't change.Again I will leave you hoping you will have a :cheers: with me.

Speak Soon
shakeyd

Postby kalid on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:33 pm

"Evil farang money"? Women all over the world sell themselves to rich men, not just Thai girls. Why? Because they want to, and blaming the men or women who do so serves no purpose except out to point out how little you re getting.

"Read and weap little boy." I think someone is "weeping" because of the above. Is someone compensating for an inferiority complex here?

Have a beer and blame someone else for your troubles, I suggest a mirror.
kalid

Postby mercy on Sat May 07, 2011 11:17 pm

What it takes to open a business in Thailand is Bahts and lots of them. You have to payoff official the police, The general or two who has his hand out if you want there names ask more than willing to share. Couruption is alive and thriving in Thailand Justice is another matter Though it seems money is the true is all it takes to buy off those in power I thai sorry for the common Thais who can only standby and watch as those with money only get richer and those working 15 to 17 hours a day suffer. Living in house with tin roofs and only a fan to cool them, It is worst for those poor people that crawl on there bellies on sukhumvit with bowl beeging for a few baht to eat while the thai elite walkby and won't even give a satang to help them. Wakeup Thailand family ties are stong \\\\ //////// love for his people is true the elite disrespect both by not trying to help uou can't take it with you.
mercy

Postby safalex on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:30 pm

mercy wrote:What it takes to open a business in Thailand is Bahts and lots of them. You have to payoff official the police, The general or two who has his hand out if you want there names ask more than willing to share. Couruption is alive and thriving in Thailand Justice is another matter Though it seems money is the true is all it takes to buy off those in power I thai sorry for the common Thais who can only standby and watch as those with money only get richer and those working 15 to 17 hours a day suffer. Living in house with tin roofs and only a fan to cool them, It is worst for those poor people that crawl on there bellies on sukhumvit with bowl beeging for a few baht to eat while the thai elite walkby and won't even give a satang to help them. Wakeup Thailand family ties are stong \\\\ //////// love for his people is true the elite disrespect both by not trying to help uou can't take it with you.

looks like there's a lot of corruption in Thailand
safalex

Postby frenchy on Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:19 pm

Good on the Swiss! All other western countries should have the same rules as the Thais.
That's why we pay Diplomats to deal with those situations!
It's called "Mutual Agreements" Just like "Free Trade Agreeents"
No need for endless comments...! :cheers:
frenchy

Previous

Return to Setting up a company in Thailand - what's required