True Internet and business advice

True Internet and business advice

Postby thompson on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:42 pm

True Internet Company service stopped working Tuesday July 22 at 11am in inner Sukhumvit area with no warning from the company.

Calling them, they said they had to rebalance the signal, there was noise in the line and that the system would be off till Friday with service restored no later than 5pm.

It did start working Friday however on Saturday, it was sporadic.

I would say if you use True internet for work, you NEED to have a back up service from another company.

When I look back at my records of times that they’re service went down this year, I couldn’t recommend True Internet to anyone. Having said that, some of my mates have not had any problem with them in Nonthaburi.

Think there’s any chance they’ll compensate me and others in the area?

Any of you been through this drama with True?

Use to use Loxinfo ADSL (rather outdated technology now) without any interruption as I recall.

Any recommendations for a reliable internet company for inner Sukhumvit? Cheers
thompson

Re: True Internet and business advice

Postby thegabster on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:52 am

Hi Thompson,

There is another forum topic here on the BP on nearly the same issues that you are having with True, I suggest you take a look at that.

viewtopic.php?f=&t=8866

Cheers and good luck to find a suitable replacement.
thegabster

Postby thompson on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:51 am

by thegabster on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:52 am

Hi Thompson,

There is another forum topic here on the BP on nearly the same issues that you are having with True, I suggest you take a look at that.

viewtopic.php?f=&t=8866

Cheers and good luck to find a suitable replacement.

Thank you gabster!

I signed up for an additional internet service that my phone provider offers, so I now have a backup service when True goes down.
thompson

Postby thompson on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:51 pm

Received the internet bill and the monthly charges have not been reduced as I was told they would be after last month’s 3 continuous days of no service in Sukhumvit area!

I just love True more and more each day!!
thompson

Postby bobbyd on Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:39 am

Ifffff, Thailand had stricter (enforceable) consumer protection laws, companies wouldn't be able to behave like this!
bobbyd

Postby thornyside on Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:52 pm

thompson wrote:Received the internet bill and the monthly charges have not been reduced as I was told they would be after last month’s 3 continuous days of no service in Sukhumvit area!

I just love True more and more each day!!

Join the Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/UNTrue-C ... 3768486611 :twisted:
thornyside

Postby thompson on Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Called True on the phone and told them the bill had not been reduced. They said they’d call me back, which to my surprise they did, (that day) to say my 1000 baht a month bill would be reduced this month by 300 baht! Whoooopeeeeee
thompson

Postby thompson on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:25 pm

Must say the True billing department has the fastest speed!

I paid the reduced bill on the due date August 21.

On August 22nd received by mail, an invoice for services for August 16 to September 15.

The invoice showed the reduced bill charges I paid the day before!!

Bravo True, now get your customer service department up to speed. A smart company would have waived the whole (ok half would do) monthly fee to the affected customers in Sukhumvit who were without internet service for 3 days. Do you know the amount of good publicity that would have garnered you had you done that? No, sadly not!

They weren't about to reduce the bill at all as the regular monthly charge was stated on the invoice. I had to call them to get a reduction.

Again, well done billing department, your speed is faster than your internet service!!
thompson

Postby thompson on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:28 am

True update:

Internet service was off in Sukhumvit area on November 19, from 11:30 till early evening. No warning.

Called their customer service and a recorded message said 'system improvement' was taking place and that service would be restored on Friday Nov 21 at 5pm!

Don't you think if it was 'system improvement', that they would send a notice the service would be off during certain times?

Makes me think it's not 'system improvement', but 'system broken'!!
thompson

Postby thompson on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:59 pm

Did True read my last post? Received an sms saying ‘system improvement’ would take place tomorrow from 10am to 5pm.

Advance notice for no internet? What a shocking surprise. Now I can make arrangements to work using the backup system (using another provider and new laptop I had to purchase) for True’s many many ‘system improvements’ i.e no internet service.
thompson

Return to Living in Thailand - adjusting + settling in