Samui Triathlon 2013

Bangkok and beyond

Samui Triathlon 2013

Postby prnews on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:10 pm

Australians Won the Men’s and Women’s Titles in the THB 4 Million Samui Triathlon
Samui Triathlon 2013.jpg
Samui Triathlon 2013.jpg (43.06 KiB) Viewed 1504 times

Koh Samui, Thailand - April 21, 2013 - Courtney Atkinson and Melissa Hauschildt from Australia are
the official winners from long course “Samui Triathlon 2013”. Courtney Atkinson across the finish line
in 6 hours and earned THB 800,000 in prize money; whereas Melissa Hauschildt took 6 hours and 10
minutes and won THB 500,000 in prize money.
“Samui Triathlon 2013” was taken place in Koh Samui, Suratthani, Thailand on April 21, 2013. The
competition was organized by Municipality of Koh Samui, Department of Tourism - Ministry of
Tourism and Sport, Tourism Association of Koh Samui and Thai Airways and was mainly supported by
Bangkok Airways, Singha Corporation and Tourism Authority of Thailand.
“Samui Triathlon 2013” is long distance triathlon and is claimed as one of the longest in Asia Pacific
region, starting from 4 km swimming, followed by 122.65 km cycling and 30 km running, The total
distance is 156.65 km.
“I have been to Koh Samui but didn’t participate the competition in the last year and heard that
the competition in Koh Samui is very tough and difficult. Today, it is proved that the competition
route is really tough and difficult”, said Courtney Atkinson.
“Even though I come from the warm climate place and get used to it, the weather temperature
here is still very high. The distance is also very long. The competition is very difficult for me but I
could win finally. I really feel proud”, said Melissa Hauschildt.
After the competition, Mr Ramnat Chaikwang, the Mayor of Koh Samui Municipality revealed that
“Samui Traithlon 2013” is considered as the great achievement of the island since there were
almost 200 athletes from all over the world participated the competition including the top ten
world-class athletes. “I would like to express my sincere thanks to all from both the government and
private sector who involved with and contributed to the organization of the competition. I also
believe that the Samui Triathlon will develop in a positive way and become more famous in the
near future. Samui Triathlon could be a good PR tool to bring more tourist to Thailand as well”, said
the mayor of Koh Samui Municipality.
For Samui Triathlon 2013 official result, please see from http://www.triathlonsamui.com and for pictures,
please download from http://www.facebook.com/samuitriathlon.
prnews

Return to PR news / Promotions / Events