- Youth Shelter: Located in Samut Prakan province, Ban Tawan Mai is a shelter for abandoned children from broken homes or those who have parents in jail. Without support, they are vulnerable to a life of drugs and crime.
Needed items include personal care products, underwear, stationery, clothes, rice, dry food, seasoning, etc.
For more information, call 02-704-1399, 02-704-1250 or 08-7552-0007, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deaf children: The Foundation for the Deaf is raising funds to buy hearing aids for needy deaf children.
Donations: Foundation for the Deaf; Kasikorn Bank (Rachawat branch), account No. 722-2-20808-9, or donate directly at the foundation.
- Books: The Books for Children Foundation's mission is to give needy children in the countryside books so they can experience the joy of reading.
Donations: Siam Commercial Bank, Tha Phra branch, savings account No. 017-2-50330-8; Krung Thai Bank, Petkasem 29 (Phasi Charoen) branch, savings account No. 025-0-03652-5; Bangkok Bank, Phasi Charoen sub-branch, savings account No. 246-0-35123-8.
For more information, call 02-805-0202 or visit http://www.thaibby.in.th.
- Southern children: The Service for Peace (Thailand) is raising funds to help Muslim and Buddhist children in the restive South reforge friendships through a variety of activities.
Contact Ms Hathairat on 02-719-1348 on weekdays, from 10am to 4:30pm, or visit http://www.sfpthailand.org/e - index.html.
- New Year cards: The Foundation for Children is selling New Year cards to raise funds for their activities for needy children nationwide. The cards feature paintings by children under the foundation's care.
For more information, visit http://www.ffc.or.th or call 02-881-1734.
- Orphans: The Centre for Needy Orphans and Poor Children, Ban Sungaipanae, Pattani, provides accommodation and education for Muslim youths 2 to 18 years of age.
Donations: Bangkok Bank, Pattani branch, savings account No. 267-0-61584-4.
For more information, call 07-3413-175, 07-3333-387 or 09-878-798.
- Youth volunteers: The Fasai Centre empowers the youths in Yala province through volunteering and self-learning. They also own a community radio station, 100.75MHz, to train youngsters to be radio hosts.
Donations: Bank account name: "Fasai Centre, Children and Youth Network, Yala"; Krung Thai Bank, Yala Branch, saving account No. 909-0-37784-0.
Call 07-322-7172, fax 07-322-2114 or visit http://www.fasaicenter.org.
- Youth shelter: The Lookrieang Group in Yala provides temporary shelter for the youngsters affected by southern violence. It organises fund-raising activities to support their living and education costs, and arranges workshops on spiritual development, healing and self-protection against violence.
Donations: Bank account name: Lookrieang Group, Krung Thai Bank, savings account No. 485-0-04645-2.
Call 08-1433-2495 or 08-2822-5712, or visit http://www.lookrieang.com.
- Orphans: The Elisha Children Home offers attentive care and education to orphans and abandoned children in Nong Bua Lam Phu province.
Donations: Krung Thai Bank (Bang Khae Branch), name: "Moolnithi Sajjadham", savings account No. 040-1-12524-6.
Call 08-1278-1037 or 08-4231-4378, or visit http://www.elishachildrenhome.org.
- Baby orphans: The foster sister/brother programme of the Sahathai Foundation offers the abandoned babies at Pakkred Home a chance to develop bonding and self-esteem.
Donations: Kasikorn Bank (Nana Nua Branch), savings account No. 063-2-077-165; or Bangkok Bank (Nana Nua Branch), savings account No. 197-0-123-558.
Call 02-381-8834 - 6 or email email@example.com.
- Burmese children: The Buddhika Foundation is joining forces with 18 children's organisations to raise funds to help Burmese temples provide for the needy Burmese children suffering from hunger, poverty and state violence.
Donations: Siam Commercial Bank (Phetkasem Soi 114 Branch), name: "The Foundation for Children", savings account No. 115-2-14733-0. For receipt, fax your transfer slip to 02-814-0369.
Call 02-883-0592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Mercy Centre: Run by the Human Development Foundation, the centre helps slum children in Klong Toey through various services, including nurseries, shelters for street children, humane care for Aids patients, rehabilitation for drug addicts and empowerment projects for women.
More information about the centre is available at http://www.mercycentre.org. Call 02-671-5313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Milk powder: Breastfeeding is best. But many unfortunate infants cannot be with their mothers. The Sahathai Foundation is raising funds to buy milk powder for these needy infants.
Donations: The Sahathai Foundation, Kasikorn Bank (Nana Neur branch), savings account No. 063-2-07716-5; or Bangkok Bank (Nana Neur branch), savings account No. 197-0123558.
Fax money transfer slip to 02-381-8837 or email email@example.com for receipt. Call 02-381-8834 - 6.
- Used toys: A group of youngsters who call themselves "Meddin" in Chiang Khan district in Loei province welcome donations of new or used toys, books, clothes, blankets, sports equipment or stationery to distribute to needy children. The group is located at 330/1 Moo 1, Soi Sri Chiang Khan 11, Tambon Chiang Khan, Chiang Khan district, Loei 42110.
Call 08-69970481 or 08-4657-0981, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last wish: The Wishing Well Foundation helps children with end-stage cancer have their wishes fulfilled. It also organises various activities to cheer them up.
Donations: Bank info: Siam Commercial Bank, Red Cross Society branch, account No. 045-2-95999-4.
Call 02-677-4117 or visit http://www.wishingwellthai.org.
- Special Olympics Thailand: The national game gives people with intellectual disabilities a chance to prove to themselves and society that through hard work, discipline, support and faith in themselves, they can achieve the seemingly impossible.
Donations: Thai Farmer Bank, Asok Din Daeng Branch, account name: "The Foundation for the Welfare of the Mentally Retarded of Thailand (Special Olympics)", savings account No. 049-2-30733-5.
Thai Farmer Bank, Ekamai Branch, account name: "Special Olympics Thailand", savings account No. 059-2-36446-8.
Call 02-266-6700/1 or 02-266-6705/6, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visithttp://www.specialolympicsthai.com.
- Music for the deaf: The children at the Setsatian School for the Deaf are being trained by musician Nu Vudthivichai of Silpakorn University to play music. He does so by transcribing all of the notes into numbers and attaching those numbers onto glockenspiel keys.
Donations: Krung Thai Bank (Si Yan Branch); account name: "Ngern Bam Roong Garn Suksa Setsatian School", savings account No. 012-1-60426-8. For receipt, send a copy of the deposit/transfer slip along with your name and address.
Call 02-241-4738 ext 107, or visit http://www.setsatian.ac.th.
- Lepers: The Phud Hong Leper Foundation takes care of elderly patients at the leprosarium in the Ron Phibun district of Nakhon Si Thammarat. Most of them are abandoned by their families. Some of them are very weak and severely handicapped.
Donations: Bangkok Bank account name: "Phud Hong Leper Foundation", account No. 218-0-13367-6, Sunthorn Kosa Branch, Klong Toey, Bangkok.
Call 08-1900-4922 or 02-240-3700.
Alternately, send cheque payable to the Phud Hong Leper Foundation, attn: Kusuma Bekenn, Phud Hong Leper Foundation, Bangkok Post Building, 136 Na Ranong, Kong Toey, Bangkok 10110. Donations are tax-deductible.
- Multiple disabilities: The home for blind children with multiple disabilities on Ram Intra Road has become too crowded. Plans are afoot to build a new, more spacious home in Petchaburi's Cha-am district. It will accommodate 150 to 200 children.
Donations: Bangkok Bank, Ram Indra branch, savings account name: "Christian Foundation for the Blind in Thailand (Cha-am Project)", savings account No: 187-434801-2.
Call 08-1974-6577 or email email@example.com. Fax your transfer slip to 02-943-6235 (attn: Chanpen Nueanual; call 02-510-4895 or 02-510-3625). Receipts for donations are tax deductible.
- Ban Bangpakong: Located in Chachoengsao province, the home is struggling to provide care for some 300 physically and mentally disabled patients between 18 and 70. Practically everything is lacking - beds, sheets, pillows, pillow cases, underpants, clothes, soap, toothbrushes, sandals, adult nappies, anti-bacterial liquid, shampoo, etc. Volunteer physical therapists are urgently needed as well.
Donations: Krung Thai Bank (Bang Pakong branch); savings account No. 202-1-37311-8.
Call 03-852-8290/1 or visit http://www.bpkhome.org/disabled1.html.
- Ban Fueng Fah: This orphanage gives care to mentally challenged newborns until they reach the age of 7. Understaffed and under-equipped, the home is badly in need of help. Among the regularly needed materials are diapers, liquid food for babies who need tube feeding and absorbent sheets. The home is located at Pak Kret, Nonthaburi.
For more information, or to offer help, call 02-583-6815, 02-583-4000 or 02-583-4031.
- Natural disasters: The 1,500 Miles Foundation led by Rattapoom Youprom trains people who will act as front-liners to compile information and coordinate assistance in times of natural crises.
Donations: Kasikorn Bank, Lotus Salaya Branch, account name: "The 1,500 Miles Foundation"; savings account No. 991-2-01500-6.
Call 02-424-5407, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.1500miles.org.
- Blind students: The Association of Blind Graduates offers training for people who want to volunteer to help blind students. The training will cover basic knowledge about braille and tutoring techniques for blind students.
For more information, call 08-1818-9996.
- Teacher volunteers: The Sor Sor Asa Group gives free tutoring for poor children in Bangkok at weekends. They need many volunteers for the free tutoring services.
- Human trafficking: Once a victim herself, Chananchida Janthasaeng is now helping other human trafficking victims fight for legal justice as a counseller at the Foundation for Women.
Donations: Savings account name: "Foundation for Women"; Bank account No. 038-2-18085-2; Bank name and branch: Kasikorn Bank, Sathon Branch.
- Unwed mothers: Based in Chiang Mai, the Wildflower Home Foundation is a shelter for women who suffer the traumas of unplanned pregnancies, domestic violence and sexual abuse. The aim is to help them rebuild a new life.
Donations: Bangkok Bank, Borsang branch, account name "Ban Dok Mai Pa" (Wildflower Home Foundation), savings account No. 532-0-25140-7.
Call 05-3386-568 or 08-9632-8847, email email@example.com or visit http://www.wildflowerhome.net.
- Try arm: This undergarment and swimwear line is produced by a group of unionists who were laid off by Triumph International Thailand. The cooperative factory operates under the principle of sweat-free labour and workers' self-management. For more information, visit http://www.tryarm.blogspot.com or email Tryarm.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment for products can be transferred to Krungthai Bank account, Carrefour Samrong branch, code: 855; account No. 855-0-06397-5; name: Banthita Muadtham.
- Lanna Wisdom School: Based in Chiang Mai, the school is where youngsters can study the much-neglected local crafts and arts from ageing artisans to preserve the dying arts and culture of the North.
Donations: Siam Commercial Bank, Chiang Mai University sub-branch, savings account name: "Kongtoon Suebsan Lanna", No. 667-2-16339-5
Call 05-324-4231, email email@example.com or visit http://www.lannawisdoms.com.
- Ban Pa Deng: This school on the Thai-Burmese border in Phetchaburi province is struggling to feed hundreds of hungry children. Many of the students do not own a pair of shoes or bags to carry their books in. Some children have to walk as many as four hours to go to school where they can get a decent meal at lunchtime.
Donations: Krungthai Bank, Tha Yang branch, bank account name in Thai: "Ngern Udnoon Uen Rongrian Ban Padeng", bank account No. 704-1-19646-1.
Call Principal Sangwian Imcharoen on 08-7079-9244.
- Children's Day: Some 200 pupils at the Wat Pohprasit Primary School in Ayutthaya's Maharat district come from poor and broken families. The teachers want to make this coming Children's Day on January 8 a special day for these needy children. Scholarships are also needed for long-term support for the pupils.
Donations: Government Savings Bank, Maharat branch, savings account name: "Wat Pohprasit School"; No. 051-220-260-189; Krung Thai Bank, Ayutthaya Park branch, savings account name: "Wat Pohprasit School"; No. 391-0-27999-6. Cash donations are tax-deductible.
Call the school director, Sucheela Sudsangket, on 08-1780-3082.
- Book donations: The Labour Culture Centre wants books in Burmese, Thai and English for its library for migrant workers. The books can be sent to PO Box Lat Phrao, Bangkok, 10310. If you have a large number of books to donate, the centre can pick them up.
Call Charuwat on 02-933-9492.
- Needy school: The children must navigate rugged terrain in boats to go to their Chonlapratan Pranburi School in a very remote part of Prachuap Khiri Khan province. Help is needed to pay for the pupils' transport and lunches.
To help, call Thammarat Boonkerd on 08-9459-1291.
- Slum children: The Santisuk Foundation is sponsoring education grants to over 1,000 children in 40 slum communities in Bangkok and nearby provinces. Its day care centres are also providing safe learning places for 240 children.
Donations: Bangkok Bank, Phra Khanong branch, savings account No. 157-0-89204-0; Siam Commercial Bank, Praram 4 branch, savings account No. 035-2-24603-5; Kasikorn Bank, Phra Khanong branch, savings account No. 010-2-65975-9.
For more information, visit http://www.santisuk.or.th.
- Karen literacy courses: The Tha-Karens in Kanchanaburi province gives Karen language courses to their young to preserve their language and culture. Though popular with the youngsters, the project is seriously lacking in financial support.
To help in cash or other ways, please contact project leader Tiwa Kongnandee on 08-6176-1450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scholarships: The Foundation for the Better Life of Children is providing needy children scholarships so they can have a more secure future. To help, call 02-574-1381 or 02-574-3753.
More information in Thai is available at http://www.fblcthailand.org.
- Youth workers: The Foundation for Rural Youth is helping migrant youth workers, Thais and non-Thais to get non-formal education and other training. Apart from cash donations, you can also donate second-hand clothes in good condition to help the organisation raise funds for their project.
Call 02-416-8073, or visit http://www.fry1985.org for more information in Thai and English.
- Bird-watching: The Bird Conservation Society of Thailand (BCST) is educating locals on how to conserve bird habitats as well as organise bird-watching trips and lectures for local schools. It also needs help with the bird consensuses project.
Donations: Bird Conservation Society of Thailand; Siam Commercial Bank (Central Lat Phrao 2 Sub-branch); account No. 206-207636-6.
Call 02-940-1082/3, email email@example.com or visit http://www.bcst.or.th.
- Forest rangers: Freeland provides technical support, equipment and job training to forest rangers. They are the ones who risk their lives protecting the forests from illegal loggers and poachers. Yet they receive little support from the government.
To help or to get more information, call 02-204-2719 - 21, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.freeland.org.
- Coastal seas: The small-scale fishermen in the deep South help protect the coastal seas from trawlers. Their fishing boats have been destroyed by the recent floods and storms, however. Help is needed to give them new fishing boats so they can earn a living and protect the seas.
Donations: Krungthai Bank, Charoenpradit branch, Pattani. Savings bank account name: "Samakom Chao Pramong Puen Baan Changwad Pattani", account No. 929-0-07675-5.
Call Suwimol Piriyatanalai on 08-9876-6300 or email email@example.com.
- ////// Taksin: The old palace of ////// Taksin and the birthplace of ////// Rama III, ////// Rama IV and ////// Pinklao is in need of restoration. Though a historically and culturally important place, the palace receives no maintenance or renovation budget from the state.
To help, call 02-472-7291 or 02-475-4117. To visit the palace, write to the Phra Ratcha Wang Derm Restoration Foundation, Royal Thai Navy Headquarters, Arun Amarin Road, Bangkok Yai, Bangkok. Entrance is 60 baht for adults (20 baht for students in uniform).
Housing: The Arsom Silp Institute of the Arts' Ashram of Community and Environmental Architects, the Sang Ton Eng Community (self-construction) Project, and the Community Organisations Development Institute (Codi), are working together to support housing rights for low-income earners.
The programme focuses on the participatory design approach, which involves clients, users, architects and construction workers in the design process. It also stresses the harmony between architecture and nature as well as efficient and economical use of building materials.
To help or to get more information, call 02-459-3226/7 ext 119 or 08-1689-3289, or fax 02-867-0903 ext 140. Alternately visit http://www.arsomsilp.ac.th.
- The homeless: The Suvit Wadnoo Centre for the Homeless in Thon Buri does not only provide temporary shelter, it also encourages the homeless to get organised, acquire their own homes and start a new life.
Donations: Account name: "Human Settlement Foundation", Bangkok Bank (Hua Mak Branch), savings account No. 108-7-00387-4.
Call 02-718-6472/3 or 08-0301-5939.
- Drugs rehab: The Wat Saphan Temple uses meditation courses to help drug addicts quit the habit, free of charge. Each course takes 60 days.
According to the Probation Department's evaluation, 30 percent of all participants manage to quit taking drugs. Another 40 percent have a 50/50 chance of quitting depending on their surroundings.
The temple also runs other projects to strengthen family and community ties to prevent drug addiction.
Donations: Wat Saphan (Dharma Centre), Krung Thai Bank (Rama IV Road Branch), savings account No. 192-0-03646-6; or Wat Saphan (Rehabilitation Centre), Krung Thai Bank (Rama IV Road Branch), savings account No. 192-0-08197-6.
Call 02-332-3253 or 08-9887-0069.
- Temple hospice: Khampramong Temple in Sakon Nakhon province provides care for over 2,000 terminal cancer patients. They receive herbal medicine and holistic palliative care free of charge.
Donations: Krungthai Bank, account No. 412-0-01996-9, account name: "Wat Khampramong"; Bangkok Bank, account No. 316-0-35902-6, account name: "Phra Panapat Pibalpaknithi"; Kasikorn Bank, account No. 120-2-04508-8, account name: "Phra Panapat Jiradhammo".
More information in Thai and English is available at http://www.khampramong.org, or call 08-1867-9105 or 08-1827-2221.
- Hospital volunteers: Ramathibodi Hospital needs volunteers to help speed up medical services, which include measuring blood pressure and weight, as well as other routine tasks.
- Surgery: The Somdet Phra Theparat Centre of Chulalongkorn Hospital is struggling financially to give corrective surgery for patients with head and skull malformation. Most of the patients are poor.
Donations: Bank account name: "Pu Puay Pikarn Bon Bai Nah Lae Kalok Sisa Chulalongkorn", Siam Commercial Bank (Thai Red Cross branch), account No. 045-503329-2; Krung Thai Bank (Pathumwan branch), account No. 008-0-07821-4; Kasikorn Bank (Patpong branch), account No. 018-2-94741-5; Bangkok Bank (Surawong branch), account No. 147-4-71940-6.
Fax transfer slip to 02-256-4330 for receipt. Donations are tax deductible. Visit http://www.thaicraniofacial.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Siamese twins: Pin and Pan share a body, so surgery to separate them is impossible. Many corrective surgeries are needed, but the twins' parents cannot afford it. To help, the twins' mother's bank account is: Wasana Chua-on, Bangkok Bank, Chumsang Branch, Nakorn Sawan province, bank account No. 3810408918.
Call the twins' father on 08-9638-4482.
- Aids children: Support the Children Foundation, or Moon Niti Kuadarun in Thai, provides much-needed care and education to HIV- or Aids-affected children.
Donations: Bangkok Bank (Chang Puak branch), savings account No. 390-4-15218-2.
Call 05-340-8424 or visit http://www.scf-thai.org.
- Elephant: Ten-year-old female Boonmee cannot walk after stepping on a land mind. She is being taken care of by the Elephant Hospital of the Friends of the Asian Elephant in Lampang province.
Bank info: Moon Niti Puen Chang, Kasikorn Bank (Rarm Intra branch), account No. 088-2-20983-0; or Kong Tun Chue Lae Sakul Chang, Moon Niti Puen Chang, Siam Commercial Bank (Ratchayothin branch), account No. 111-2-27207-8. Fax transfer slip to 05-424-7870 for receipt.
- Stray dogs: A dog shelter in Uthai Thani province urges the public to open their hearts to stray dogs, adopt them and get loyal friends for life. The dogs are fully vaccinated.
Call 05-651-3256 - 8.
- Stray dogs: Dogchance collects strays, gives them free neutering and immunisation and returns them to their neighbourhoods after they have fully recovered. The dogs will also receive anti-rabies vaccinations as well as other treatments for worms, ticks and skin problems.
Email email@example.com, call 02-258-7097 or visit http://www.dogchance.com.
- Used goods: The Thai Fund Foundation opens its booths every Wednesday to sell used and new goods ranging from good quality clothes, book, accessories and household articles to raise funds for its wide range of social and development projects. The booth, open from 10am to 7pm, is in front of the Panuruj Pattana company off Soi Chula 42 near the Faculty of Law, Chulalongkorn University. Volunteers at the booth are also welcome.
Call 08-0292-3883 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pan Kan: Donate the things you no longer need to Pan Kan Shop, or Rahn Pan Kan in Thai. The donated items, ranging from books, magazines, clothes and accessories to toys, music, movies, furniture, decorative items, office equipment and kitchenware, will be sold to support the education of needy children nationwide. Run by the Yuvabadhana Foundation, the Pan Kan Shop is on the ground floor of Seri Centre, open daily from 11am to 8:30pm.
Call 02-746-0448 or email email@example.com.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 7:00 am
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests