Freedom of Ownership by Owning Boathouse

RE: Freedom of Ownership by Owning Boathouse

Postby Ian on Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:09 pm

Excellent idea my dear Rooster.
I once heard of a farang on Koh Samui who built a detachable house - so when the Bangkok big-shots, who owned the land, decided to do that traditonal Thai scam of telling the farang to move off their land, hoping to get his house - he simply complied.
It's a good metaphor for what is now going to happen to Thailand - most of us farang will leave. Thailand can weather the economic storm of it's own making ! And this time - unlike '97 - do not ask us farang to bail you out.
Ian

Postby AD on Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:40 pm

A Houseboat !! .what an excellent idea Rooster, but what are the legalities, is it allowed ?
AD

RE: RE: Freedom of Ownership by Owning Boathouse

Postby colin howard on Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:33 am

hi ian , i used to tour spain and portugal in a car and caravan ,and never went on a campsite ,instead we used to ask the landowner if we could park up for a day or two ,we was never once refused ,i,ve never seen a caravan here in thailand but i bet if a company opened up they would do excellent business,up here in buriram you can rent a rai of land for a pittance as no doubt you are well aware ,and with a caravan the world is your oyster ain,t it ,just imagine you could tour all over thailand and take your house with you food for thought eh.
colin howard

Postby Rooster on Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:16 pm

Yes, AD. Boathouses used to be very common sites to see all over Thai canals. A Boat is like car. You would pay taxes either for imported boat or locally constructed boat. It is a matter of finding a suitable place to dock. It would be easier to find the docks if you are in resort areas alone the coasts.
Rooster

Postby colin howard on Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:01 am

hi rooster ,think you have raised quite an interesting point,boat house eh, what about this then ,there are thousands of lakes up here in isan ,get your spouse to buy one then put YOUR house boat on it ,i wonder if it is legal ?
colin howard

Postby Ian on Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:51 pm

This could be the way to end endless disputes about owning land in Thailand.
Just let all farang own a boat - and pay tax.
It's the closest to what I've been saying Thailand should do - instead of the current silly laws.
Thanks Rooster for your advice on this.
Ian

Postby rmigo on Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:50 pm

well good riddance
rmigo

Freedom of Ownership by Owning Boathouse

Postby Shytan on Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:50 pm

Bang Shen North of BKK has become a land of Scandenavia , soon you will find no Thai frequenting that place.
Bang Shen has been turned into a Scandinavian property for aged people on pension . one apartment costs 145,000 US$,
New condos are still on plans waiting decision, but the trend is growing and no-one can guess where itt will end.
Shytan

Postby AD on Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:13 pm

Shytan .................so what ! they are creating hundreds of jobs for poorer Thais and bringing millions of needed Bht into the country, maybe you did'nt get in on the act ? And another thing, when they pass on, these Scandanavians cannot take it with them neither can thay send it back to Europe, meanwhile the money just keeps circulating in Thailand ..................get a brain please !
AD

Beware of Foreign Settlements on Thailand

Postby Analyst on Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:19 pm

Shytan , actually BangShen isn't the only location where Farangs have managed to occupy, lot of similar sites are showing the same effect . These are called "Settlements", just as those settlements made by the Early European Jews who landed on Palestine in escape of the hatred they were facing in Europe, in Spain and Germany in particular . So are the Arab Jews who wanted to join the fleece of Palestine, the crime of all times.
What seems now as an innocent plan to lodge the aged people on a warm-climate country , will soon show its toxic fangs when it becomes too late to change it.
Analyst

Next

Return to Buying property + home in Thailand : issues + guidelines