Thai For Thais!

RE: RE: Thank`s for nothing....

Postby harry on Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:43 pm

Aussie John, I asked this questions already a thousand times by myself, but I can't find any rational explanation.
harry

RE: Thank`s for nothing....

Postby colin howard on Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:54 am

hi hans ,you make a very good point in your posting ,as for me thailand is my idea of heaven , cheap food and beer ,the locals are realy friendly ,the sun shines nearly everyday ,i,ve got great lady who see,s to my every need , life is what you make it and its all down to you and you alone how you live it ,i get a little angry at all the spineless knockers who complain about thai ladys ripping them off ,they can,t rip you off if you don,t allow them to ,problem is of course is that they think with whats between there legs not there ears its a simple as that ,the world is chock full of people willing to blame there own failures on someone else rather than there own ,regards ,colin .
colin howard

Postby Joe on Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:47 am

Hans,

I lived in Pattaya 30 years ago while stationed there in the US Army. It was a beautiful stretch of beach with maybe 4 or 5 bars and 2 hotels. We lived right on the main street, across from the water. I visited again this past January and found it to be absolute hell. The only think I recognize is the water and the mountian at the end of the beach.
It was so nice back then, but so bad now. It really is a shame. There are still nice places at Si Racha, Bang San and even further away in Bon Chang.
Joe

Postby Hans Marheim on Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:35 pm

Hi Colin. Good one from you as usual. That´s exactely what I suspected. Compared to the stressful lives many of us live in the west, Thailand can offer a really good life in most ways. Provided you have a wife you can trust 100% the landownership is not a big problem for the westerner. What concernes the "rip-offs" i read so much about there are plenty of guys in EU/US who has been ripped off by their western wives as well. Even though western ladies do not need depend so much on the husband for financial security it is still a major issue for most of them how much money their husbands make.
Best regards, Hans
Hans Marheim

Postby Ian on Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:44 pm

Hans - Pattaya was a tiny fishing village before the farang came.
Ian

Thai women in the US

Postby Steve Schoen on Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:50 pm

This is my experience being married to a Thai woman that has been in the US for 30 years. I gotta watch the bank account like a hawk or she wil spend every penny I make. Can't trust her one bit. And knowing this, I just take the proper precautions. Other than the money thing, she is great.
Steve Schoen

Postby Hans Marheim on Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:13 pm

Ian;

It is not possible to get a better answer than that! Thank you!

Best regards, Hans
Hans Marheim

RE: Thai women in the US

Postby Hans Marheim on Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:26 pm

Hi Steve

I laughed my head off when I read your posting.
Very good! Exactly (!) my experience as well.

Best regards, Hans
Hans Marheim

RE: Thank`s for nothing....

Postby Ken Mackie on Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:30 pm

Right on. Glad to hear someone that agrees with me. I read quite a few postings on different forums (thaivisa, teakdoor etc) mostly ,complainers.IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE IT

Thanks

PS Married to a thai lady for 27 years now. Mai mee pen hah (sic)
Ken Mackie

Postby Robin on Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:45 am

Hans you are correct when you say there are many warm places in the world to spend your retirement. I tried Mexico and found much the same treatment there, except there were some property rights. The women were friendly and the food was excellent and the beer was oh so good.. But, I found a friend here and here is where I am for better or worse, as they say. I can count the Thais on one hand that I have done business with who have not cheated or tried to cheat me. I first thought that Thais had a different set of ethical guidelines, but I know that is not true. I know two men in my village who have the highest of ethical standards even by western standards. The rest, I am afraid practice deceit, which they try to believe is being "clever". If you do the same you will be labeled a cheat. All of that aside, they for the most part, are not to clever, the Chinese here are very clever, and if you pay half a bit of attention to what you are doing you will have a great life here. The positive side, at least for now, is that there is little if any violence directed at foreigners. So you are safer than in most other warm weather countries. Just pull your hat down low on your forehead so that the "ATM" written there won't show and you will be fine.
Robin

PreviousNext

Return to Buying property + home in Thailand : issues + guidelines