Rude immigration staff

Rude immigration staff

Postby ChiefSealth on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:32 pm

Is it just me or have you also notice how rude and disgruntled the Thai immigration staff seems to be at BKK?
I thought it was just a fluke my first visit but now I've experienced very unfriendly and rude staff multiple times entering and exiting Thailand. And before anyone asks all of my forms and visa were filled out correctly and in order before I approached the immigration staff at their desks/stations.

I've traveled multiple continents and the staff at Thailand's immigration is by far the worst. (In fact, I was pleasantly surprised not long ago with the very friendly Chinese immigration staff)

For the land of smiles the first and last impression of Thailand given by the rude immigration staff is unfortunate.
ChiefSealth

Re: Rude immigration staff

Postby Domrei on Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Why are you complaining???? Others less fortunate than you were pushed back into the sea, or landmine-infested border areas and shot, raped or killed by the soldiers from the Land of Smile! For decades these people from neighbouring Burma, Cambodia, and Vietnam have suffered untold injustices. Please stop complaining.
Domrei

Postby Victor on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:56 am

Rude immigration officials can be found anywhere because they don't have good manner and mistook their duties...same as those visa staff of most countries.
I once was searched and treated badly at the Athen airport when they couldn't find anything in my luggage (almost miss the flight), and before they let me go, asked if I have any US dollar with me.
Victor

Postby Victor on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:11 am

...........but nothing beat the Swiss immigration staff at the Italian boarder.
He threw my passport down on the floor, in front of everybody, when he could not find the page with a Swiss visa in my extra thick passport even after my offer to help!
Victor

Postby Domrei on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:47 pm

scy wrote:
Domrei wrote:
at least ChiefSealth was complaining about his own experience (which many do not share)
what are you complaining about, domrei? about some news paper articles from your warm tv chair with chips n beer?
you owe us at least an explanation for you unjustified rant....everything perfect in YOUR own country & backyard?

SCY, I'm glad you asked. I was a child refugee from Cambodia in 1980, escaping from Cambodia, the Khmer Rouges, and Vietnamese invasion, all at the same time. Tens of thousands of Cambodian refugees, including my family and relatives, were shot, and pushed over the Dangrek mountains by the Thai military into landmine-infested border areas, where thousands died. The Thai military raped, shot, abused a generation of Cambodian refugees, and I was on hand to witness it all. It's true that Thailand is the Land of the Smiling Soldiers, keen to rape, and murder civilians, but lack the guts to stand and fight other real soldiers.
Domrei

Postby pachangamac042 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:23 pm

Ups scy, seems like this time you really shoot into your own foot. Maybe for once, you were shooting to quick?

Maybe there is no need to attack everybody in this forum, specially not newcomers? Looking forward to your reply, just in case you are man enough to reply.
pachangamac042

Postby pachangamac042 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:13 pm

Get serious scy! Don’t you know when it is enough mate?
pachangamac042

Postby Domrei on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:13 pm

SCY, I'm sorry, I was not attacking you, but trying to join with you in highlighting how badly foreigners sometimes get treated. True, the Thai military was helping with the resettlement of Cambodian refugees during the Indo-China war of the 1980s, however, credit should go to the efforts of the UNHCR, and Western countries such as the USA, Australia, France, Japan etc. who did so much to protect the refugees, and also paid the Thai military so much money to stop killing, and pushing back the refugees into the war zones. One had to be there to see what really happened, and what really happened was that the Thai military committed untold atrocities against the refugees for years and years. True that the Khmer Rouges committed genocide, and the Vietnamese had territorial ambitions, but the Thai military couldn't refrain itself from joining in committing inhumane and criminal acts against fleeing women and children from a genocide. I won't go in to details of the Thai military's decades of military cooperation with Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge. The Thai military was the closest ally of Pol Pot in the 1980s to the 1990s.
Domrei

Postby pachangamac042 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:42 pm

Sorry scy, I am no teacher. :ugeek: Need some proves? :?
pachangamac042

Postby ATM on Sun May 03, 2009 10:07 am

Domrei wrote:SCY, I'm sorry, I was not attacking you, but trying to join with you in highlighting how badly foreigners sometimes get treated. True, the Thai military was helping with the resettlement of Cambodian refugees during the Indo-China war of the 1980s, however, credit should go to the efforts of the UNHCR, and Western countries such as the USA, Australia, France, Japan etc. who did so much to protect the refugees, and also paid the Thai military so much money to stop killing, and pushing back the refugees into the war zones. One had to be there to see what really happened, and what really happened was that the Thai military committed untold atrocities against the refugees for years and years. True that the Khmer Rouges committed genocide, and the Vietnamese had territorial ambitions, but the Thai military couldn't refrain itself from joining in committing inhumane and criminal acts against fleeing women and children from a genocide. I won't go in to details of the Thai military's decades of military cooperation with Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge. The Thai military was the closest ally of Pol Pot in the 1980s to the 1990s.

and they are still doing it domrei thai people think if they deny something then it didnt happen very much like the germans in WW2. http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=45475 . I have visited or worked in over 30 countries around the world and yes i have had bad experiences with immigration staff but i have found that when you come to thailand you are guaranteed that the thai immigration will at the very least be unfriendly or as has happened to me many times they will be downright rude (and i mean rude no matter which culture you come from) disgusting people.
ATM

Next

Return to Thai airports, trains, buses, public transport