Devalue Thailand baht

Re: DEVALUE THAILAND BAHT

Postby stilljustbrowsing on Wed May 20, 2009 11:13 pm

Papadragon wrote: PS Where's all your posts gone Scy :?:

Yeah, I have the same question, some posts were not controversial or bad or anything like that. It would appear that a "mod" is into "cluster bombs". Not good!
Removal of posts because they are totally out of context or line is acceptable. Removal of all posts irrespective of wether the posts are relevant or not just shows an element of laziness to me. :evil:
stilljustbrowsing

Postby GORDON on Thu May 21, 2009 3:51 am

I'm sure neither Ian or any other sane person on this thread would do nothing to tip scy's unless it was into a very large hole with an equaly large rock handy to place on top. He really is the original Mr.nasty . What an unhappy creature he is, surrounded by his imaginary friends. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:
GORDON

Postby prommee_NE on Thu May 21, 2009 4:39 am

IMHO people ought to be looking at the import figures as much as the export ones. If the imports are down this month, then exports will be down next month...I am talking about Thailand specifically.

The ones that Papa has given shows that Thailand is still on the decline (imports down 36.3% and this time they cannot put this down to oil alone...it is on the rise)

The trade balance is still positive though, and Thailand has reserves...it is not as bad off as some Western countries we can all think of.

I reckon it will definitely devalue by the end of the year...not so sure about the next two months though.
prommee_NE

Postby Ian on Thu May 21, 2009 12:48 pm

prommee_NE wrote:IMHO people ought to be looking at the import figures as much as the export ones. If the imports are down this month, then exports will be down next month...I am talking about Thailand specifically.

The ones that Papa has given shows that Thailand is still on the decline (imports down 36.3% and this time they cannot put this down to oil alone...it is on the rise)

The trade balance is still positive though, and Thailand has reserves...it is not as bad off as some Western countries we can all think of.

I reckon it will definitely devalue by the end of the year...not so sure about the next two months though.

The Baht dropped quite sharply against the pound overnight (21st May), nearly 1.5 Baht.
Ian

Postby GORDON on Fri May 22, 2009 12:24 am

Thailand is pricing itself out of what is at the moment a very much smaller market than before the world went into recession. She is making it too expensive to sell her products or attract property sales or tourists. As far as reserves are concerned I would imagine much of that has now gone, the near future will confirm or deny that. While the surrounding countries are selling cheaper and making a strong effort to encourage foreigners to visit and even settle. Thailand continues to do the very opposite, the country desperatly needs a general election to put in place a strong democratic government that can work with a cross section of it's own people and other nations. The present illegal shamble have no respect in much of the rest of the world, so are very much handicapped.I think that because Thaksin's name is now somewhat tarnished, perhaps no worse than many, I believe it will not be a good idea to rally to his cause. There was another thread that said that right now what Thailand needs is a hero, it certainly does , and he or she will need to be very strong to heal the split Thailand has right now. The division is deep but middle ground has to be found to be able to move on from the position Thailand finds herself in right now.
GORDON

Postby stilljustbrowsing on Fri May 22, 2009 12:51 am

sorry GORDON, I must disagree with you. The country does not need a general election, it has had too many of those already and they obviously don't work for the majority.
What it needs is a peoples' election without major influence from the general populace, which is considered too large by many already! :lol: :cheers:
stilljustbrowsing

Postby GORDON on Fri May 22, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi SJB - I agree Thailand needs less of the influence you speak of, most would be very happy to see a general demise in the major proportion of political influence. I myself am pleased that our little forays are not interupted by scy-ence fiction. :cheers: :cheers: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GORDON

Postby Ian on Fri May 22, 2009 2:51 pm

GORDON wrote:Hi SJB - I agree Thailand needs less of the influence you speak of, most would be very happy to see a general demise in the major proportion of political influence. I myself am pleased that our little forays are not interupted by scy-ence fiction. :cheers: :cheers: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Thailand has over 1,000 generals, all walking around, sticking their chests out and showing off their ribbons and medals - awarded for anything from fighting the communists three decades ago to saving a duck from drowning in a pond. And yet, all these bigwigs with inflated egos think they are not subject to any international standards, norms or codes of conduct."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/05 ... 103333.php

That is one general per 300 soldiers! Now if we add in the colonels, majors, captains etc then the NCOs the Sergeants, corporals etc, how many actual soldiers are there?
Ian

Postby GORDON on Fri May 22, 2009 3:32 pm

Ian - you just have to see the funny side of all this, see it as a 'Keystone cops/ Charlie Chaplin ' thing or it just makes us sad :cheers:
GORDON

Postby stilljustbrowsing on Sat May 23, 2009 9:22 pm

GORDON wrote:Ian - you just have to see the funny side of all this, see it as a 'Keystone cops/ Charlie Chaplin ' thing or it just makes us sad :cheers:

The word "keystone" is perhaps the key, masonic groups, secret societies and all that, very much a Thai thing in my oppinion. (if you don't show your face, you cannot lose it?) :lol: :lol: :cheers:
stilljustbrowsing

PreviousNext

Return to Thai business news