Devalue Thailand baht

Re: DEVALUE THAILAND BAHT

Postby Sean Moran on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:22 pm

All fine with the statistics, but the fact remains that the parents of the "farang expats living in Thailand" who earn their monthly salaries in THB will have more dollars in their pockets for every baht that gets sent home. :roll: If you can't afford the overseas holiday then vacation at home.
Sean Moran

Postby GORDON on Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:25 pm

Propaganda - why did you respond to the man who has been denying all along that the Thai baht is artificialy high. He continues to make rediculous posts and has not yet admitted he is wrong. He made statements that if expats here could not afford to stay they should go home , as if that were the only section having trouble. He gave no response whatever to my comments about the many Thai people that I know that are suffering much more. We all know who the only section of the population are that are making money out of this downward slide, and whatever happens they will continue to do so untill their power base is eroded. That will happen, but slowly. I made some hopes in a previous post that perhaps the only way to get information to the masses would be by t.v. and was told that it was not possible because most of the airways were under military control. Then I read in the Bkk post that the red shirts are talking about their own t.v. stations and newspapers, that is exactly the sort of thing I was suggesting , so I am delighted that that is now to be promoted. The only way for Thailand to develope democraticaly is for the masses to be able to share in all the information available , it has to be taken to them . The poor people do not have the time or the money to travel far , and under this present administration are limited to numbers at any rally that may be called. Does this remind reader of the situation in China, Burma and N.Korea, this admin. are afraid and know they do not have long in power.Sawadee khrap
GORDON

Postby Sean Moran on Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:32 pm

by GORDON on Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:25 pm [118.175.205.xx]
Propaganda - why did you respond to the man who has been denying all along that the Thai baht is artificialy high. He continues to make rediculous posts and has not yet admitted he is wrong. He made statements that if expats here could not afford to stay they should go home , as if that were the only section having trouble. He gave no response whatever to my comments about the many Thai people that I know that are suffering much more. We all know who the only section of the population are that are making money out of this downward slide, and whatever happens they will continue to do so untill their power base is eroded. That will happen, but slowly. I made some hopes in a previous post that perhaps the only way to get information to the masses would be by t.v. and was told that it was not possible because most of the airways were under military control. Then I read in the Bkk post that the red shirts are talking about their own t.v. stations and newspapers, that is exactly the sort of thing I was suggesting , so I am delighted that that is now to be promoted. The only way for Thailand to develope democraticaly is for the masses to be able to share in all the information available , it has to be taken to them . The poor people do not have the time or the money to travel far , and under this present administration are limited to numbers at any rally that may be called. Does this remind reader of the situation in China, Burma and N.Korea, this admin. are afraid and know they do not have long in power.Sawadee khrap

You seem to forget 1997 Gordon and fyi Propaganda = Pagandapro = Papadragon = overseas income.

You're all just sulking because your decade-long gravy-train has reached its terminal station. Pay up, get a haircut, get a job, or go home. :lol:
Sean Moran

Postby GORDON on Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:35 pm

Another stupid reply , could he give an estimate of the number of expats living here that still have parents , never mind working parents as he suggests, I would suspect very few , so what is the point trying to be made. Holidays here , does he mean our parents holiday here , I cannot follow this rubbish , can someone else. :?: Still no anwer to my previous questions as usual - not surprised as he has no answer only the same silly personal attacks. The poor fellow suffered a head injury here in Thailand which explains his lack of attention and vindictiveness towards all that are happy here , sure the farangs have had a cut in their income , but most can afford it. The whole point is that there is not the same level of income from expats and tourists flowing through the Thai economy so it is the Thai people who are suffering very much more. Perhaps if I repeat this 10,000 times he may finaly understand, but I doubt it. He is the angry one because in reality he cannot afford his holiday here anymore. :!:
Last edited by GORDON on Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GORDON

Postby Sean Moran on Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:38 pm

by GORDON on Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:35 pm [118.175.205.xx]
Another stupid reply , could he give an estimate of the number of expats living here that still have parents , I would suspect very few , so what is the point trying to be made. :?: Still no anwer to my previous questions as usual - not surprised as he has no answer only the same silly personal attacks.

I still have ONE parent, GORDON. Please refrain from your selfish "poor-me" anti-Thai generalisations.
Sean Moran

Postby GORDON on Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:54 pm

ANSWERS *********************** NONE***********************Where in any of my posts have I ever been anti-Thai. Please show me. I unlike yourself am just the opposite , I love Thailand and have a great many friends who I am concerned for. Answer my questions now. How many expats have parents working or not. You do not count , you live in the outback and do not qualify.
GORDON

Postby Sean Moran on Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:57 pm

by GORDON on Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:54 pm [118.175.205.xx]
ANSWERS *********************** NONE***********************Where in any of my posts have I ever been anti-Thai. Please show me. I unlike yourself am just the opposite , I love Thailand and have a great many friends who I am concerned for. Answer my questions now. How many expats have parents working or not. You do not count , you live in the outback and do not qualify.

So why did you just attack me from out of nowhere like this then GORDON?
Sean Moran

Postby Ian on Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:20 pm

Sean Moran wrote:All fine with the statistics, but the fact remains that the parents of the "farang expats living in Thailand" who earn their monthly salaries in THB will have more dollars in their pockets for every baht that gets sent home. :roll: If you can't afford the overseas holiday then vacation at home.

Due to the absence of punctuation it took me a while to work this out, why would parents earn their salaries in Thai Baht.
What added to my confusion was the thought of people here on retirement visas having parents, mine died 20 years ago :D
Ian

Postby Sean Moran on Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:25 pm

Ian wrote:
Sean Moran wrote:All fine with the statistics, but the fact remains that the parents of the "farang expats living in Thailand" who earn their monthly salaries in THB will have more dollars in their pockets for every baht that gets sent home. :roll: If you can't afford the overseas holiday then vacation at home.

Due to the absence of punctuation it took me a while to work this out, why would parents earn their salaries in Thai Baht.
What added to my confusion was the thought of people here on retirement visas having parents, mine died 20 years ago :D

Please explain the places where you would have liked a comma.

You have completely mixed it what meant. I meant that ex pats who earn their pay in THB can send the same amount in baht home to their families every month, and the families will have more dollars to spend. This is very fundamental stuff.

The only expats living in Thailand who get grumpy when the baht is NATURALLY high are the ones who don't earn any money in Thailand. Everyone else is better off. Only some are losers.
Sean Moran

Postby stilljustbrowsing on Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:30 pm

That is what I was trying to say before, I work here, pay my taxes here and so, international currency rates have no effect on my "spending power". (or bank balance)
stilljustbrowsing

PreviousNext

Return to Thai business news