I am getting married

Re: I am getting married

Postby Ian on Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:18 pm

villager wrote:
MTT wrote:Yep. Rule number one: The Big Man Pays.

Rule number two: Patience, you can outlast the-don't-know-they-have-already-been-conquered. (Sort of like dead man walking).

To that guy who wanted advice: Good luck, just make sure you can accept the downside, too. (like a market investment, always read and study the prospectus before you invest).

Hey MTT,"dead man walking" eh, just had a couple of Buddie,s round and we all could,nt stop laughing , we,ve never seen that one before but from some of the "specimens" on view up here it,s a very apt description,LOLOLOL.

Villager, surely you know the saying, 'He's dead but he don't know it'? Another way of saying 'too many zombies in this village' :D
My first year here on childrens day I donated 2000 baht to buy ice cream for the kids. I later found out they bough a 250baht container of ice cream and the rest went on beer. When a few months later they asked me to sponsor the childrens football team and buy them all a team shirt etc, they were annoyed that I said no. They made two mistakes, first they quoted a price per shirt that even I knew was about twice the real figure (my gf is a tailoress), secondly they assumed I had a short memory.
The real point is this, no matter what her motives might be, a Farang needs a wife or gf who protects her Farang's money. Refuses to let Thais cheat or swindle him. Refuses to let him be foolishly generous and set a precedent.
Ian

Postby stilljustbrowsing on Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:26 pm

villager wrote:
stilljustbrowsing wrote:It is good to see that MTT is human afterall! Now the posts are getting interesting again. ( I hope compliments at a personal level are not infringing BP forum rules)
For some, getting married is volountary imprissonment, for others it is an absolute joy, each to their own I suppose.
Me? I am imprissoned in a world of happiness! 8-) :cheers:

Yeah for sure SJB married life here is what you make it , it,s been quite obvious to me for quite a spell that you,ve got it just about right .

I consider it to be a volountary life sentence. :lol: 8-) :cheers:
stilljustbrowsing

Postby villager on Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:39 pm

Ian wrote:
villager wrote:
MTT wrote:Yep. Rule number one: The Big Man Pays.

Rule number two: Patience, you can outlast the-don't-know-they-have-already-been-conquered. (Sort of like dead man walking).

To that guy who wanted advice: Good luck, just make sure you can accept the downside, too. (like a market investment, always read and study the prospectus before you invest).

Hey MTT,"dead man walking" eh, just had a couple of Buddie,s round and we all could,nt stop laughing , we,ve never seen that one before but from some of the "specimens" on view up here it,s a very apt description,LOLOLOL.

Villager, surely you know the saying, 'He's dead but he don't know it'? Another way of saying 'too many zombies in this village' :D
My first year here on childrens day I donated 2000 baht to buy ice cream for the kids. I later found out they bough a 250baht container of ice cream and the rest went on beer. When a few months later they asked me to sponsor the childrens football team and buy them all a team shirt etc, they were annoyed that I said no. They made two mistakes, first they quoted a price per shirt that even I knew was about twice the real figure (my gf is a tailoress), secondly they assumed I had a short memory.
The real point is this, no matter what her motives might be, a Farang needs a wife or gf who protects her Farang's money. Refuses to let Thais cheat or swindle him. Refuses to let him be foolishly generous and set a precedent.

Hey Ian us in Manchester have more sayings than enough , many completely unprintable here but MTT,s must have slipped the net,LOL.
villager

Postby MTT on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:27 pm

IAN wrote: They made two mistakes, first they quoted a price per shirt that even I knew was about twice the real figure (my gf is a tailoress), secondly they assumed I had a short memory.

That could be Rule number three: Assume nobody remembers. If they do, say something like,"Why you say that to me?" (especially if money is involved). But do not acknowledge the truth in what was remembered.
MTT

Postby lingling on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:16 am

Sound resonable for Sinsod, my husband gave my mom 30k for Sinsod 20 years ago.. but my mom paid for the wedding cost her 40k!! haaa.. we are now have 2 beautiful kids and very happy.. for your asset, I don't know. Everything is in my name so far.. It will goes to my 2 kids when they got older..
:arrow:
lingling

Postby stilljustbrowsing on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:25 pm

Marriage is a life sentence of love and devotion, if you cannot live with that, don 't do it.
Things can go wrong as easily as they go right and the sexy person you have today maybe tomorrows mr. or mrs. fat.
Marry the person, not the immage, looks are always deceiving. :twisted: :cheers: :cheers:
stilljustbrowsing

Previous

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required