America bashing at Esplanade Mall

Re: America bashing at Esplanade Mall

Postby alex1 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:17 pm

gohmer wrote:
we dont get up in arms over a T-Shirt.

Oh yes, I forgot to ask...then why are people dying in Thailand over a simple color of t-shirt let alone what it says?

Wow Nobody in Thailand will ever die for a teashirt, what ever color. And that kind of t/shirt you mentioned, just have a
walk at pat pong or along sukhumvit, you can find it everywhere on sale, it's just a fashion, nothing else. I've even seen
americains bought it, they said oh, very cool. If You'd be welcomed by airport, or people serving you were dressed with
that shirt, your complains were OK. But it's nothing but a fashion, and as this is Thailand nowbody cares your feelings as
long as that T-shirt sells good. :lol: :lol: :lol:
alex1

Postby alex1 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:21 pm

alex1 wrote:
gohmer wrote:
we dont get up in arms over a T-Shirt.

Oh yes, I forgot to ask...then why are people dying in Thailand over a simple color of t-shirt let alone what it says?

Wow Nobody in Thailand will ever die for a teashirt, what ever color. And that kind of t/shirt you mentioned, just have a
walk at pat pong or along sukhumvit, you can find it everywhere on sale, it's just a fashion, nothing else. I've even seen
americains bought it, they said oh, very cool. If You'd be welcomed by airport, or people serving you were dressed with
that shirt, your complains were OK. But it's nothing but a fashion, and as this is Thailand nowbody cares your feelings as
long as that T-shirt sells good. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh I forgot, as more noise you make, as better it sells :cheers:
alex1

Postby overhaul38 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:41 am

In response to Jeffrey:

If you want to see sensitivity just substitute the word "America" with "Thailand" or a couple of other words I'd rather not say because of the sensitivity and physical harm you might experience. Let me know when the tee shirt is ready.
overhaul38

Postby overhaul38 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:53 am

jeffrey wrote:Rather sensitive, aren't we? Humility might be the best medicine. Because, if your {national character} isn't as special, extraordinary, or exceptional as perhaps you've been intuitively conditioned and illusion replaces the model, you'll be in a world of hurt....spinning and spinning.

If you want to experience sensitivity first hand wear a tee shirt that says "F**k Thailand" or a couple of other entities I could suggest. Thailand has always exhibited very thin skin when there is a real or perceived insult. As one example. remember the outrage when the embassy allegedly played the wrong song? The land of smiles is always alert to slights will take to the high horse and street at the drop of a hat.
overhaul38

Postby Voice on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:19 pm

Overhaul wrote “If you want to experience sensitivity first hand wear a tee shirt that says "F**k Thailand" or a couple of other entities I could suggest. Thailand has always exhibited very thin skin when there is a real or perceived insult. As one example. remember the outrage when the embassy allegedly played the wrong song? The land of smiles is always alert to slights will take to the high horse and street at the drop of a hat.

You have a valid point there! It doesn’t to be anything written on it they already killed each other for it wearing different colour T-shirt. So do we need anymore wars over a T-shirt? Insult doesn’t have to be bad language reaction some may say but do we really need to fight over this issue. Why don’t we think about the good thing rather lookout for the thing that will upset us.
Voice

Postby benp on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:27 pm

for gods sake its only a tshirt afterall! next time you see something that offends you, cuss under your breath and walk away!
benp

Postby MTT on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:03 pm

Gohmer. You are the original poster on this. Are you still around after 5 months?
MTT

Postby dutchboy on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:10 pm

To Mr Gohmer, and all others that have a problem with a T-shirt.

Please stop shopping!!!!!

Before we know it you find another "offensive" t-shirt or other item.

Maybe in the furniture shop next to the T-shirt shop you see a lamp in the shape of a Marihuana Plant.

Oops, Marihuna is illegal in the free-thinking USA, so this should not be sold. Better protest against this.

Get a life, talk about important things on this Forum and not 16 endless pages of how good/bad the USA is, just because you don't like a T-shirt.
dutchboy

Postby laylek on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Mr. Gohmer,
Get a grip man. It's only a T-shirt. Pick on someone abusing a child or spouse. Put your anger to some good use and donate to all the poor people on the street. It will irritate you so much you will forget about the shirt.
laylek

Postby obman on Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:25 am

American bashing, Thai bashing, religous bashing......bashing....bashing......bashing. Beats me, get it. It does not matter what side of the fence you sit on, because their will always be the other side and thank goodness for that.
obman

Previous

Return to Domestic / cross cultural issues - Thai / Foreigner concerns