Ripped off by a taxi driver

Ripped off by a taxi driver

Postby raymp on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:26 am

My thai girlfriend, her mother and me got a taxi from Ancient Siam to Samut Prakan jetty on Sunday at 3 pm. She left her bag on the back seat. Taxi left and i chased him up the road while she was calling her phone in her bag on her mothers mobile. I gave up chasing. We stood there calling for 30 minutes. He woudl not pick up. We got another taxi back to ancient siam. The security gaurds at the gate had a port folio of the usual taxi drivers who work out of there. WE could not recognise him. Security called someone who came and i beleiove he is the boss of the locals taxis. We described him and the taxi and he tols us that driver was not familiar and was probably from in the city tourist area.
HIs reason for saying this is because of a sticker on the top of the drivers door window. It says
" I LOVE FARANG" It is a green and yellow taxi
Apparanty there are no known taxis in in Samut Prakan with I LOVE FARANG on the window. I have seen one a few years ago in Soi 4 Sukhumvit.
If you see a green and yellow taxi with I LOVE FARANG on the drivers window please get the taxi number or phone number of the driver and call me 0835472915.
raymp

Re: Ripped off by a taxi driver

Postby swwiss_candy on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:40 am

no way not a taxi in Thailand,their has to be some sort of miss understanding " I LOVE FARANG" the rest of the sticker must of worn off,its worn part continued to say FARANGS WALLET.
swwiss_candy

Postby MTT on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:31 am

That sign in the window is very common. I have seen it many times in many cabs. That description will not help zero in on your cab very much. Your phone already has a new sim card and is gone if you have not received a call by now. Go to the phone company and have them issue a new card with the same number is about all you can do.
MTT

Postby swwiss_candy on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:16 am

MTT wrote:That sign in the window is very common. I have seen it many times in many cabs. That description will not help zero in on your cab very much. Your phone already has a new sim card and is gone if you have not received a call by now. Go to the phone company and have them issue a new card with the same number is about all you can do.

Call the police Im 100% they we give you the dedication due to tract down your lost,Before we ever enter a taxi in Thailand we let it know we write down their car number as we enter,it just helps prevents such .Have you dialed the number and hope you found one honest Thai out ot the 13 million residents in Bkk?
swwiss_candy

Postby Hypocrisy on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:21 pm

You should bear in mind that the driver might be totally innocent (maybe), afterall the bag was left on the back seat, the driver might have picked up another fare, also if you did manage to find the driver, he could say that.
Best of luck anyway.
Hypocrisy

Return to Domestic / cross cultural issues - Thai / Foreigner concerns