British Embassy in Bangkok

RE: RE: British Embassy Bangkok - Having Trouble?

Postby Dom on Fri May 04, 2007 1:33 am

SHE GOT THE VISA. SHE CAME BACK TO THE UK WITH ME IN JANUARY.THANK GOD!!
Dom

RE: RE: Visa NZ

Postby Glen on Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:44 pm

I thought the British Embassy farmed out the
whole visa application process to a private
company working from offices on Rajdamri
Road ? It looks like an improvement ,at
least insofar as the opening hours are more civilized and according to the web site,
applications are dealt with more quickly.
Any comments on this ? Has anyone any possative comments from recent experience as I would like to take my long term girlfriend for a European holiday next year but have been put off up to now by the thought of the ordeal it involves
Glen

RE: RE: British Embassy Bangkok - Having Trouble?

Postby colin howard on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:05 pm

sure thing AD, i can,t savvy why anyone should want to bring there lady back to britistan ,when thailand is there for a third of the price and they have almost year round sunshine not year round rain , regards ,tightwad
colin howard

British Embassy in Bangkok

Postby Mrs. Jones on Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:47 am

Dear Sir / Madam,

I' been married with Welsh man for 7 years and live in Thailand. We' ve been back to the UK 4 times in 7 years. I never had any problem for my visa and they also treated me as normal as their old people.

I do appreciate your professionally and high standard.

Thank you
Mrs. Jones
Mrs. Jones

Re: British Embassy in Bangkok

Postby digalow on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:25 am

UK VISIT VISA REFUSAL - EMAILED SENT to the BRITISH EMBASSY AS FOLLOWS...

Dir Sirs

I write to express my dismay at your decision to refuse my fiancée a tourist visa to sample life in the UK with me before we make a final commitment to marriage. I believe your decision to be totally incorrect and not within the Immigration Rules for which you kindly provided a link.

In paragraph 1 of the refusal you state that she has no assets or ties to Thailand. This is totally untrue as she owns property in Thailand and the land title deed and an English translation were provided as part of the documentary evidence submitted with the application but you have ignored them.

That she is unemployed and supported by me is no barrier to her being granted a tourist visa.

In paragraph 2 you imply that I am unable to financially support her during her time in the UK despite me supplying recent payslips and a letter from my employer. Further both my mother and grandmother wrote letters to support our application offering to help financially if necessary and supplying evidence of funds available. Your refusal notice suggests that they are ///// and I take great umbrage at that suggestion. Obviously the accommodation available is suitable for a visitor and I see no reason for you to doubt that. A recent mortgage statement was provided as evidence.

Of more importance is the fact that our relationship is very genuine and we have spent five months living together in Thailand just prior to making this application. We only want to act in a sensible and prudent manner and feel it would be common sense for her to at least sample my lifestyle and meet my family and friends in the UK before getting married.

As declared we are both extremely well aware that if my fiancée broke any of the immigration rules, for example by working or overstaying, this would seriously jeopardise our future plans to marry and apply for a settlement visa.

In the circumstances I would ask you to revisit this case and overturn your original decision.

Sincerely

Mr Christopher Thomas

how about that then?
digalow

Previous

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required