Nation Reporter Accuses Thai Immigration Police

Nation Reporter Accuses Thai Immigration Police

Postby siamgoody on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:14 pm

There has been an article published by someone claiming to be a Nation Reporter. This basically says that he was bullied and threatened by police near Bangna. This is not unlikely as we had cases of these happenings in the Soi Puttha Osot area just behind Surawong road. However what is interesting is that THE NATION itself has not published his case either as an article or even as an opinion column. This guy seems to be doing the right thing by bringing this incident to light but, should he not be making a police complaint, report to his local embassy and ensuring that THE NATION gives sufficient exposure to this terrible incident.

The article I read was posted at:
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/433491-nation-journalist-held-up-at-gunpoint-by-police/
siamgoody

Re: Nation Reporter Accuses Thai Immigration Police

Postby asanow on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:04 pm

The claim said the Indian journalist works at the Nation and his son were arrested/abducted by police gang at gun point. While in the car heading out of the city, they were able to fight back wallet and wedding ring from the officers twice, and lastly escaped at a traffic light.
It seems to me a dramatized reading story how he and his son overcome armed officers and survived. The story was short of why they did not report to local police, and why the incident was not published in the paper.
asanow

Re: Nation Reporter Accuses Thai Immigration Police

Postby stipek on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Anyone know what time of the day.. or night this was, when it allegedly happened?? I still believe in truth, justice and the ....way! Yes in my heart I know there is a Superman! :D Usually if you find someone was out at 0300 AM at the Pussykat Bar and Grill on weekday, with out the company of the opposite sex. Just maybe they were caught or observed in the proccess of some underhanded whatever.... just a thought since nothing was ever pursued after the fact...
stipek

Return to Domestic / cross cultural issues - Thai / Foreigner concerns