Working in Thailand

Working in Thailand

Postby blackbox on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:05 am

So is it possible for a certified Canadian electrician to find work at a descent wage in Thailand? I notice the larger commercial installation seem to be up to Canadian code from what I can tell, so someone out there seem to know what they are doing at times.

I'm looking for work as an electrician in Thailand; the real thing, the descent wage. Is there foreign companies operating in Thailand?

PS: I don't think the wiring needs to be refitted from 110v to 220v. Technically speaking, the wires can be smaller at 220... :cheers: Someone could assume to plugs and switches may need upgrading.
blackbox

Working in Thailand

Postby ohm on Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:02 am

by blackbox on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:05 p07
So is it possible for a certified Canadian electrician to find work at a descent wage in Thailand? I notice the larger commercial installation seem to be up to Canadian code from what I can tell, so someone out there seem to know what they are doing at times.

I'm looking for work as an electrician in Thailand; the real thing, the descent wage. Is there foreign companies operating in Thailand?

PS: I don't think the wiring needs to be refitted from 110v to 220v. Technically speaking, the wires can be smaller at 220... Someone could assume to plugs and switches may need upgrading.

No, you won’t be hired. If one were to be hired, the company would have to get you work permit and labour board won’t issue you one for this type of work as Thais can conduct electrical work.
ohm

Working in Thailand

Postby blackbox on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:04 pm

:? So how does a foreigner married to a Thai is supposed to earn a living to support his family?
blackbox

Re: Working in Thailand

Postby alex1 on Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:57 pm

blackbox wrote::? So how does a foreigner married to a Thai is supposed to earn a living to support his family?

The farrang is suppost to go back to his home country and work there, as the salaries are higher and he can send more
money to his wifes family until retired, than he is welcome to live here, as there is a lot of money to spent. :cheers:
alex1

Re: Working in Thailand

Postby milanice on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:54 pm

milanice

Return to Domestic / cross cultural issues - Thai / Foreigner concerns