Why not have more offices for 90 days reporting

Why not have more offices for 90 days reporting

Postby critical on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi all,

I really wanna know why the Thai Immigration department doesn't have more office where foreigners can report for their 90 days which presently is only located in Chaeng wattana (except for the obvious reason that they can make 2000 baht every time it's late). I really think they should have offices in every district so that it's easier for foreigners to come and report their address every 90 days and have no excuses for not getting it done, after all it’s considered very important by the Thai Immigration that we do so right? So, why not make it easier? Also, a new rule recently stated, you are suppose to get your 90 days done from the same immigration office you have obtained your visa from! Comeon, does the immigration department really want to push foreigners so far that we stop getting the 90 days done and face the consequences? :?
critical

Re: Why not have more offices for 90 days reporting

Postby drake on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:57 pm

Yeah, that thing is a real PITA and there's not an easy way to get to the bloody office without a car.
Take subway to Central @LatPrao then take a bus or Taxi and back ?
drake

Re: Why not have more offices for 90 days reporting

Postby critical on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:37 pm

You're absolutely right drake. I usually take a taxi...really can't be bothered to find a parking there. It's a shame that they give so much importance to the 90 days reporting and yet have only 1 place instated for us to report (really feels like we're on probabtion and have to report to our probabtion officer!! :lol: ). Perhaps if they could just make it a little convinient for us (foreigners) to report at our local district's police station.
critical

Return to Visa / work permit / resident / citizenship / dual passport - what's required