Thai Divorce law

RE: Non-contested divorce

Postby Ian on Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:36 am

That's a standard scam in Khon Kaen.
In many other ways it's a good city.
Ian

Postby kris on Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:55 pm

Like I have said many times men should think with the right head lol I heard a few stories of men meeting bargirls for a few days or a week and thinking it was love and where sending the women money after they returned home. Some of the women have more then 1 man sending them money, the 1 story I got was the girls worked in a bar and the owner of the bar helped send the emails and then got a percentage of the money they women received. Older men who go to Thailand and think young pretty women love them are looking for a loss in the size of their wallets and many heartaches. These women have played this game for a long time and they are good at it, do the men actually think these girls are sitting at home while they send them money? These women are out looking for another man to set up in their trap. Men who mistake lust for love, or think the Thai girl they are with them love them for who they are should think twice as some see them as a cash flow or they see marriage as a way out of poverty. I am sorry for what has happened to you but you put your own foot in it when you asked her to marry you and now you will have to live with it. Sad to say you are not the first and you surely are not the last who has had this happen.
kris

Prenups and Personal vs Shared Property

Postby Greg on Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:42 pm

I have been in a relationship with a Thai lady for nearly 5 years, we have lived together for around 4 of the 5 years. We intend getting married in Thailand early in 2006. My assets include a house in Australia, and investments in shares and a sizeable superannuation payout (when I turn 55 in a couple of years time). I don't wish to get a pre-nup but want to ensure that the above assets are treated under Thailand law as personal property. Would appreciate any advice here. Thanks.
Greg

RE: Prenups and Personal vs Shared Property

Postby kris on Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:41 pm

I think you should contact a lawyer for legal advice on this as if someone in the forum gives you incorrect advice it will be you who will have to suffer the outcome. It is better to pay a little bit now then lose a lot in the future.
kris

RE: Prenups and Personal vs Shared Property

Postby juta on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:24 pm

Greg, if you want to protect your assets in Aust, the only way is to register your marriage and live in Thailand. If you do otherwise, your assets will be shared in half when you guys split up.
Good luck.
juta

RE: RE: Prenups and Personal vs Shared Property

Postby Aussie Dave on Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:47 am

Juta or anybody ! is there such a law as BIGAMY in Thailand
Aussie Dave

RE: RE: Prenups and Personal vs Shared Property

Postby CHS on Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:19 pm

Aussie Dave,
yes there is bigamy in Thailand if your wedding from another country is registred in Thailand...
But the Religious one who is not an official act to the Thai authorities is may be the only way to get away of Biggamy...
I cannot garanty this but I was told so
CHS

Postby master hughes on Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:20 pm

partner your just being scammed .
master hughes

Re: Thai Divorce law

Postby MariaPeter on Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:15 pm

That is a good rule in the Thailand.So anybody can do marriage after divorce.
MariaPeter

Re: Thai Divorce law

Postby farang2x on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:51 pm

None of these marriages is real, all scams, just for $$$.
Farangs with Patpong sign flashing in their eye. They say its love but farang never marry a real 50 year old woman from Bangkok.
Farang = phony.
farang2x

Previous

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required