Taxi Prices

Taxi Prices

Postby pquinlan on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:11 pm

The flag fall of Baht 35 has not increased in the past 18 years. :cry: How is it possible for anyone to suggest an increase is not warranted? A flag fall of Baht 50 would not be out of order. This would be an annual increase of 2.4% or even lower % when compounded. That seems more than reasonable and certainly less than the cost-of-living increases or the increased cost of fuel over the same period.

I would be happy to pay more. :cheers:
pquinlan

Re: Taxi Prices

Postby henrypalm on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:38 pm

pquinlan wrote:The flag fall of Baht 35 has not increased in the past 18 years. :cry: How is it possible for anyone to suggest an increase is not warranted? A flag fall of Baht 50 would not be out of order. This would be an annual increase of 2.4% or even lower % when compounded. That seems more than reasonable and certainly less than the cost-of-living increases or the increased cost of fuel over the same period.

I would be happy to pay more. :cheers:

I understand the taxi price in BKK is still cheaper than their neighborhood like Vietnam and Singapore or Malaysia, therefore I used to give tips to the drivers who are honest and polite to their customs. I still have a question in my head about why the taxi drivers in BKK won't take me to some place when I requested him to do. I did ask him why ? someone told me there is traffic jam , but I will pay the the minutes I am sitting in the car. What are they losing of ? time or money ? The other just shakes "no" his head without any explaining ! ...
henrypalm

Re: Taxi Prices

Postby Abell on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:46 am

This is a marvelous article and it can help every visitor either he is a local or a foreigner but more helpful for the outsiders because they usually don't know about taxi prices of any city or country.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the six figure mentors
Abell

Return to Thai airports, trains, buses, public transport