stereotype towards interracial marriage in Thailand

Postby Wiroj on Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:23 pm

I am a Thai man born and grew up in Bangkok educated overseas totally disagree with the stereotype. On the contrary, I have always admired and respected those indigenous Thais women whose dark brown - tan skin blessed by the nature from their hard works shouldering gracefully to their parents’ tasks in seasonal rice plantation and cultivation. It is just not fair to them to be judged pessimistically by the sickening society by insulting dark – brown – tan – skin women living and married to Farangs and Blacks as “?”. The society should be cured itself and pay higher respect to the northeasterners than any other local regards what colors and levels they are.
Wiroj

RE: stereotype towards interracial marriage in Thailand

Postby Chaicharn on Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:29 pm

I just wanted to add some comments regarding the Interracial marriage in Thailand. I just think that the Asian socieity in general is kowtowing too much to the West. I happen to be a 2nd generation Chinese who was born in Thailand and I have gone through quite a bit of racism in Thailand myself. There was a period where I wanted to fit into the Thai society so badly that I refused to speak my Tachoew dialect with my parents.
It was only later then when I realised that I can never be like the Thais that I started to appreciate the true me.
So I guess what I am trying to say is that many Thais right now are not proud of what they have and so that's why many of them marry Westerners. What can I say? It's really appalling to see a young Thai girl who doesn't know a word of English going out with an old Farang just to escape from her culture.

Don't tell me that it's true love, give me a break. How can it be true love when the communication is not there?!
I should also add that this doesn't just happen in Thailand, it's happening everywhere. I have a Chinese friend of mine who would rather date an ugly, fat white man who is a cook than a normal Chinese guy who has a bright future ahead of him. It is just so sad for the Asian men that the good looking girls are going out with ugly fat and nasty white men. I just don't understand why we don't stick together and help each other out?!

It all comes down to just the fact that we, Asians, are not proud of who we are and the society is pushing towards the fact that being white is equivalent to being superior. It's sad but I am sure that as time goes by and when Asian countries are doing as well as the Western world, we will embrace our race and cultures more.

I am very conservative (and I am only 24). I believe in sticking with your own race and I always wonder where is the connection when I see an interracial couple, especially if they don't speak the same language.

Look around and see that the majority of the interracial couples are mainly old, fat, and nasty white men with OK-looking Asian girls. It wouldn't aggrevate me at all if the Asian girl was also ugly, fat, and nasty looking.

So that's my story and I am sticking to it. Send me an e-mail if you have any comments or concerns.
Chaicharn

RE: RE: stereotype towards interracial marriage in Thailand

Postby Adam on Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:46 pm

Words straight from the Knights Of The Ku Klux Clan play book. Only the names and races have been changed.
Adam

Postby Rooster on Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:40 am

Now, Adam. Now, you can see the Chinese mentality in Thailand. Although, they are not all like this guy, and many of them partially intergated into Thai society. Thais are too nice. We never attempted to change them so they are up in arms and trying to take over our country like the Muslims. They have the problems and ending up blaming us for the problems in our country.
Rooster

Postby JIMBOB on Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:21 pm

I see the moderator does not allow equal space for derogatory remarks. The moderator allows farang bashing but not chinese bashing. Ugly old fat stinking farang is allowed but not what I said about chinese. Limited free speech here I see.
JIMBOB

Postby Barbara on Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:33 pm

Jimbob you are imagining non-existing things. Why you want to bash only Chinese ?. Are they smarter than you ?, Did they took your bread from your mouth or did they occupied your land ?.
I am shocked how East Asians keep such huge amounts of grudges against eachother.
A Thai can forgive a farang who raped his daughter or cheated him or kicked his ass. But he would never forgive or forget some ancient hardships from a neigbouring country citizen. The more you look deeper into the hearts of East Asians, the more you find how much illfeelings they have towards eachother. This MUST change totally. They should keep their guts to face the coming dangers from the west. Those are the REAL sources of the future conflicts.
Barbara

Postby Meeyai on Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:01 am

Joke:

What is same as sound of two Thais arguing?

Two Chinese speaking.

[I am 1/2 Chinese but think this quite humourous! :=) ]

Meeyai
Meeyai

Postby chaicharn on Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:32 am

Dont jump to conclusion too fast.
I cannot deny the fact that a higher percentage of what you say is true but , it's not always the same case. For your information, I am 12 yrs older than my thai wife. she had obtained a degree where i only have a diploma. she is very beautiful and there are many suitors ( young and handsome and from reputable background)
However, she choose to marry me. Her parents are strict and rich and powerful. who says love cannot be blind?

I am happily married and she loves me like mad. FYI, i am neither handsome nor as clever. I don't speak thai and we only talk in english. 10 years later, you would see me as an old man with a young thai wife. most of the people including you ( i presume) would brand her ( my wife) as u-know-what-i-mean.

bottom line is, it is not always what you think it is even though it seems that way.

cheers
chaicharn

Follow up on interracial marriage

Postby Chaicharn on Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:53 am

Just wondering about the interracial marriage situation in Thailand since the last time I posted my comments.

Yes, I was the one who posted the comments about interracial marriage and condemning the fat, ugly and greasy white guys coming to Thailand to marry young Thai girls. Yes, I still stick to my philosophy that the farangs should stop taking advantage of our fragile society and they should treat us like human beings rather than just objects.

I may be judgemental but who is not? I still think of the girls that go out with white guys as c-loving \\ //// who have lost their Asian values.

There was an occasion in 2002 where I was walking along Langsuan Rd. and I walked pass this white-Asian couple who made out in public. I started to murmured to myself (but audible to that Thai \\\ /////) about how disrespectful she is and what an unbecoming sight to see a Thai girl behaving like some loose \\\ ///// from Pattaya. She stopped and stared at me as I was walking away.

Asians (in this case, the Thais and the Chinese) should stick together no matter what. We should not let the whites infiltrate into our culture and corrupt the minds of our youngs and society.
Chaicharn

RE: Follow up on interracial marriage

Postby Rooster on Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:10 pm

I wish that people would be more kind to another in different situations. You can not possibly know someone elses problems until you walk in their shoes. How many young girls do you think want to associate sexually with older men without financial reward? These ugly and fat foreigners maybe the last chance these girls will ever have for husbands and rescuers. Are you going to rescue them from their no rainbows at the end of the roads? I think it is rude to call someone "\\\ /////" in the public. It is not nice and proper to label anyone in the public. You are lucky that her lover did not attempt to defend her honor. If you see any of them make such public displaces again. You can simply tell them to do it at home and or telling them that it is not properly and socially acceptable for such public displace. Farangs are not the only group who are chasing after young Thai girls. Local old and ugly men too, they will use these girls and will not marry them either. According to the old Chinese belief, old men will increase their libido by having sex with virgin and young girls. It is about having sex with them and use them. I would think that these girls having more chance of marrying farangs than to local guys if they have all the baggages like children too.
Rooster

Next

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required