Permanent Residence Permit ?

Re: Permanent Residance Permit ?

Postby banmebkk on Tue May 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Yes most likely your application stacked up along with other application on someones desk. The law changes when the government changes, therefore all these applications are always on hold due to the law. This is the same for people who are trying to obtain their citizenship. Your application could also be bumped down by others who have a "fast track pass".

The fast track way is to know someone inside who can fast track your application. Get friendly with the people who renew your visas and they may throw you a hand and let you know who to get in touch.

If the Dems gets re-elected in the upcoming elections, there will be another wave of approved applications. I have no idea how far down your application sits, so no guarantee you will be approved in the next wave as well.
banmebkk

Postby RogerRed on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:40 am

Why not swallow the wasted years and pop up to Laos or Malaysia every year (actually 15 months) for a 12 (15) month non-immigrant O visa? This will of course depend on whereabouts in Thailand you live. Much less hassle and it can be worked into making a nice holiday.
RogerRed

Postby Asian Hand on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:49 am

PR approvals have been on hold for years due to an apparent proliferation of xenophobic behaviour among politicians and civil servants alike and preference for foreigners who come here to legally work. They know eventually most of them leave in 2-4 years.
Asian Hand

Postby bobbyd on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:21 am

by Asian Hand on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:49 am

PR approvals have been on hold for years due to an apparent proliferation of xenophobic behaviour among politicians and civil servants alike and preference for foreigners who come here to legally work. They know eventually most of them leave in 2-4 years.

Not true! I know a Kiwi who recently received his. Albeit, there was a freeze in affect for approximately six years.

Part of the problem were the many changes of government. There was no stable Interior Ministry position and he/she is ultimately responsible for the final ok.
bobbyd

Postby skyaslimit on Wed May 01, 2013 3:00 pm

I am sorry to inform you guys that finally I have received my PR last year October 2012 :cheers: Good luck for the rest of you who are still waiting for their approvals.
skyaslimit

Postby skyaslimit on Wed May 01, 2013 3:10 pm

Please feel free to ask me any questions regarding PR on this forum, I will be glad to help as much as I can.
skyaslimit

Postby bobbyd on Wed May 01, 2013 4:44 pm

by skyaslimit on Wed May 01, 2013 3:00 pm

I am sorry to inform you guys that finally I have received my PR last year October 2012 Good luck for the rest of you who are still waiting for their approvals.

Sorry to inform us you received your PR? Why? I should think that is fantastic news!! Congratulations!

Seven years of waiting?

Guess that's one good aspect of having a government that stays in power for awhile.
bobbyd

Postby len on Fri May 03, 2013 9:46 am

by skyaslimit on Wed 01 May 2013 3:00 pm
I am sorry to inform you guys that finally I have received my PR last year October 2012. Good luck for the rest of you who are still waiting for their approvals

What real advantage is PR over a retirement visa Mr skyaslimit?
len

Postby MarkmBha on Fri May 10, 2013 3:05 pm

Just received a retirement visa.
Must to report 4 times a year.
No big deal - am very happy I don't have to leave
the country again!
MarkmBha

Postby skyaslimit on Tue May 28, 2013 2:00 pm

len wrote:
by skyaslimit on Wed 01 May 2013 3:00 pm
I am sorry to inform you guys that finally I have received my PR last year October 2012. Good luck for the rest of you who are still waiting for their approvals

What real advantage is PR over a retirement visa Mr skyaslimit?

You know when they granted my PR book to me what they said to me " You don't have to come to immigration any more even and unless you are leaving the country" .
skyaslimit

PreviousNext

Return to Visa / work permit / resident / citizenship / dual passport - what's required