Internet banking in Thailand

Re: Internet banking in Thailand

Postby Rocks on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:10 pm

Further to my posting of 27 December - I did walk next door to KTB and requested a Visa application form. All filled in and went off to be processed. Nothing heard so went back to bank only to be told FOREIGNERS CANNOT HAVE A VISA CARD FROM A THAI BANK. I then asked why they had given me the application form then, answer.......it is policy! :lol: Thank god I have a sense of humour and a wife and family who will happily use their Visa cards to buy anything for me.
Rocks

Postby frenchy on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:14 pm

I also have a strong sense of humour as I have a Thai driver licence but cannot read a single road sign written in Thai.
Thanks to the Farangs Thailand will become again The Land of Smile .....and Laugh.
When a Country insist in living a modern life with medieval principles, one does not have to wonder why the citizens are totally confused.
frenchy

Postby Rocks on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:00 pm

I totally agree with frenchie. I went for my drivers licence test and even though I had held a licence for 50 years with heavy articulated goods vehicle endorsements I still had to sit in front of a cardboard box pulling on two pieces of string to keep a mark aligned with another mark. The colour perception chart was a set of traffic lights. Once again my sense of humour came to the fore and I just smiled and won the day :D . I got the licence too! I guess this process goes a long way to explaining why I meet so many people driving vehicles that should never have been given a licence.
Rocks

Previous

Return to Living in Thailand - adjusting + settling in