Advice

Advice

Postby Mr. Farang on Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:08 pm

I will be marrying my girlfriend in the near future. Does anyone have any advice for someone about to go through this process?
Mr. Farang

RE: Advice

Postby Alfred on Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:54 pm

Marrying a Thai woman in Thailand is easy as pie. First consider getting her a 90 day fiancee' visa which will allow her to go to America and get married there. I didn't go that route, and it took ten months for my wife and son's visas to come through. Go to the Interlanguage Translation Center right up the street from the U.S. Embassy tel. 650-7981. For a fee they will file all the paperwork and get your marriage certificate in one day. Guaranteed. They did it for me six years ago, and it cost $250 USD. Some of the people who marry Thai women are too cheap to pay the fee, and it takes them forever to file the paperwork because they don't know where to go or what to do. The fiancee' visa is a good option as well and perhaps more expedient. Once your fiancee' is in America, you two can marry, and she can wait for her visa in America with you! Pretty cool, huh? Let me suggest that if she has children you bring them with you. I have seen the cost of not bringing the children first hand as a friend of my wife married someone and had to leave the children behind. Shame on him. I adopted my wife's son. and I love him so much. He was three and a half then and now he's nine. We do everything together. Hunting, fishing, swimming, etc. Also make sure to find a place for your wife to purchase Thai food. It will make her happy and feel more at home. If you have other questions you can email me at the above address. I will be returning to Thailand with my family this summer to see my father-in-law, a rice farmer from Kolat. I can't wait.
Alfred

RE: RE: Advice

Postby buddhadug on Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:32 am

Just read your advice re: Getting married in thailand.
I am considering marrying in Thailand soon. I've heard its the only way to get her over to the states and the quickest. What do you think? I've never heard about the Translation Center before. Do you mean to say that we can get married in one day? What about a pre-nup, do you have advice on that? Thanks for your insight.
buddhadug

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required