legal responsibility for baby if unmarried

legal responsibility for baby if unmarried

Postby Ian moore on Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:42 pm

Hi, Can someone please advise me what happens when a 20 year old thai guy gets a 27 year old thai girl pregnant and she has a baby.This young friend of mine has been told he will go to jail for up to six months if he does not marry her.I have told him it is nonsense.I believe she did a good job seducing him. Does he have any financial responsibilities? Please help urgently. Many thanks....oh yes she is also asking for 550,000 baht sinsod!
User avatar
Ian moore

RE: legal responsibility for baby if unmarried

Postby Ian on Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:34 pm

Ian - I hope you are not being asked to contribute to the sin sodd payment.
If you are, you are being set up to be fleeced.
It's a ridiculous, con story : no twenty year old Thai guy goes to jail for sex with a 27 year old Thai woman.
Twenty year old Thai guys do not even go to jail for sex with a 17 Thai year old
girl ! Though under Thai law, she's not supposed to have sex without her parent's permission, until she's 18 - though they can agree to marry her off at age 15 !
Thailand, in case you have not noticed, is filled - from border to border - with women working in karaoke bars, massage parlours, as bar-girls, as strippers, etc., etc., because some Thai guy has got them pregnant, and then left.
Traditionally much, and often most, child-rearing is done by grandparents.
User avatar

RE: legal responsibility for baby if unmarried

Postby colin howard on Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:05 am

ian ,walk away from the whole affair rapido, cos i like ian think that you are being set up for another rip off , what they are telling you is total crap ,regards ,colin .
User avatar
colin howard

RE: RE: legal responsibility for baby if unmarried

Postby sardines on Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:06 pm

Ian Moore,

I agee with Colin. It does sound fishy. Hope that your male "friend" isn't asking you for a loan to help him out.

I'm Thai and never heard of any type of law your friend is claiming.

User avatar

RE: RE: legal responsibility for baby if unmarried

Postby littleme561 on Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:13 pm

But I am 2 months pregnant, my situation is different. I dont want any Sin Sod or married with my dutch bf. My post is always deleted because of some reason (the reason that i never know what is it) I would like to know if i can do something by the law just for child support. I need to know urgent before he move back to Netherlands. if not any advise from any forum (always delete mine) i think i have to go to talk to the government. make a big story and then everybody look back at Thai stupid woman and Farang business man. happen alot here, children with no father because we thai woman cant do an abortion but the man want to run away.
User avatar

RE: RE: legal responsibility for baby if unmarried

Postby colin howard on Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:58 pm

littleme , just a pity you did,nt think of all this before you jumped into bed with him , regards ,colin .
User avatar
colin howard


Postby little me on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:23 pm

because i am Thai woman so i can do nothing. everything will be improved if oneday he found that how much i love him
User avatar
little me

RE: because..

Postby jc on Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:39 am

Your country doesn't have any agreements with the Netherlands about child support.
Here is the other thing you need to ask- if he establishes paternity of your child when you ask for support and he can prove that he can provide the child a better life Will he ask for custody? I don't know how Thailand deals with these situations with the Netherlands but if he signs the birth certificate the child will have dual citizenship. That will affect custody arrangements more than support. Do you want to open that can of worms?
User avatar

RE: because..

Postby Rooster on Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:04 am

littleme. It seemed like he does not want to take responsibility. It has been awhile since your posting. Is he still living in Thailand? If he is still in Thailand, you need to file a claim at the police station immediately. So that he can not leave Thailand until the paternity test is done after or before birth. I feel sad for this unwanted child. Abortion is serious sin and bad for your dharma. If you can not care for the child, it is best for his family in Netherland to take the child. Those foreign embassies need to help facilitate adoptions of these children to their countries.
User avatar

Re: legal responsibility for baby if unmarried

Postby Martinus on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:22 pm

the word 'legal' in the OP's question sticks out here like a sore wound
If you think that legal part is going to cause you discomfort in the future when you
trade this girl for a younger edition you should be worried.
If she registers the child as yours you are very screwed especially in the Netherlands where
they can follow you to your doorstep helped by kind fellow countrymen of yours on this forum
The question alone is an outrage already.....
User avatar
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:30 am


Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests