How will you ever know?

How will you ever know?

Postby eppy on Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:01 pm

How will you know if your marriage to your beautiful Thai wife is for real or a marriage of convenience?
From my little experience of just divorcing my wicked charlatan Thai wife as all she wanted was an ILR (UK visa) and divorce money. I am questioning how many men on the planet are/have also been duped by ///// toe rags of a person. There seems to be many cases all over the internet of sham marriages especially with Thai women.
It was only due to an argument with my ex that caused me to find out that my marriage of just over a year was very false, in fact her whole attitude towards me was very incorrect and really pissed me off, nothing more than a strenuous relationship for a year with simple remarks as “our cultures are not compatible”, a good excuse whilst blaming it on something else.
With all this internet dating, marriage agency and introductory agency shops with thousands and thousands of Thai women up for sale I just can’t believe that these girls are genuine. I did at first as I thought that these women would give it a go and be honest.
It comes across to me that they think it is a way out of Thailand for these poor wretched women. They do not realise that the guys they are marrying are genuine and offering them a real deal, a very good deal. These Thai women are fools and only see a passage to a new world that they know nothing about. Once arrived, these women only dream of the time to divorce their husbands and steal a fortune of them legally. If I had known this I would have never stepped foot in Thailand. The cold calculated acts these Thai women are capable of doing gives me the shivers.
From what I have seen in the City I live in, in the UK I would say out of about 10 Farang/Thai couples only one relationship would appear to me to be genuine. I know of a couple that have been married for over 25 years and I know it is a marriage of convenience. There must be many relationships like this. I think it is very sad and obscene that a woman can take advantage of a bloke just because he wants a bit of tenderness and closeness.
If only these Thai women could be honest and stop thinking about living in the West and sending money home to ma then maybe they might meet Mrs Right when using these dating shops etc.
I know that some of you guys are thinking I’m all right my relationship is for real. But how do you know? How will you ever know?
eppy

How will you know if your marriage to your beautiful Thai wife is for real or a marriage of convenience?

Postby eppyl on Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:02 pm

From my little experience of just divorcing my wicked charlatan Thai wife as all she wanted was an ILR (UK visa) and divorce money. I am questioning how many men on the planet are/have also been duped by ///// toe rags of a person. There seems to be many cases all over the internet of sham marriages especially with Thai women.

It was only due to an argument with my ex that caused me to find out that my marriage of just over a year was very false, in fact her whole attitude towards me was very incorrect and really pissed me off, nothing more than a strenuous relationship for a year with simple remarks as “our cultures are not compatible”, a good excuse whilst blaming it on something else.

With all this internet dating, marriage agency and introductory agency shops with thousands and thousands of Thai women up for sale I just can’t believe that these girls are genuine. I did at first as I thought that these women would give it a go and be honest.

It comes across to me that they think it is a way out of Thailand for these poor wretched women. They do not realise that the guys they are marrying are genuine and offering them a real deal, a very good deal. These Thai women are fools and only see a passage to a new world that they know nothing about. Once arrived, these women only dream of the time to divorce their husbands and steal a fortune of them legally. If I had known this I would have never stepped foot in Thailand. The cold calculated acts these Thai women are capable of doing gives me the shivers.

From what I have seen in the City I live in, in the UK I would say out of about 10 Farang/Thai couples only one relationship would appear to me to be genuine. I know of a couple that have been married for over 25 years and I know it is a marriage of convenience. There must be many relationships like this. I think it is very sad and obscene that a woman can take advantage of a bloke just because he wants a bit of tenderness and closeness.

If only these Thai women could be honest and stop thinking about living in the West and sending money home to ma then maybe they might meet Mrs Right when using these dating shops etc.

I know that some of you guys are thinking I’m all right my relationship is for real. But how do you know? How will you ever know?
eppyl

RE: How will you ever know?

Postby AD on Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:00 am

eppy 9th .
whoopeeeeeeeeee! You finally realised it.
Another one bites the dust and finally started thinking with whats between his ears and not whats between his legs.
Wake up boys.
AD

Postby andy on Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:56 am

your spot on mate
andy

RE: How will you know if your marriage to your beautiful Thai wife is for real or a marriage of convenience?

Postby Robert on Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:42 am

Eppy

How will you know??? Time…… Time will weed out the profit takers..
I am sorry to hear of this happening to you. I think it is best to assume that 99.999% of Thai/farang marriages are marriages of convenience.
There are a few on this board, Colin, AD, and others who continuously try and warn the unsuspecting but unfortunately most of the time it goes unheard because “my girl is different” than all the others. In my case…my girl was truly different than all the other bargirls….. she really loved me. (what a fool I was!).
But even though she loved me I got a prenuptial agreement just in case… I protected myswelf in other ways...just in case.
A few years later (a few months ago) I realized that my girl “was NOT different” and in fact was no different than all the Stickman stories, Money Number One books, etc. But fortunately I protected myself. She is back in Thailand now. I had her visa revoked. It is quite likely she will never get a visa again for the US and possible for the other Western countries. I came out of it wiser, bitter, but still financially intact.
I don’t think I or any of the other posters are going to stop someone from getting married. But, you should at least protect yourself....…just in case.
Good Luck to you..
Robert

RE: RE: How will you ever know?

Postby colin howard on Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:05 am

hi AD , in many cases as you are well aware when they start thinking with whats between there ears the fox has bolted , the trouble is of course is that all well meant advice is completely ignored until its too late , regards ,colin .
colin howard

Postby Ian on Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:58 pm

Two fundamental points have to be made about these endlessly re-occurring tales of marriage misery and rip-off.
1) Thai conceptions of marriage are very different from those in the West.
Marry a Thai daughter off to a Thai man -for money for the brides family - is quite normal, very traditional. So also is polygamy. Brides marry to gain wealth for their family, no matter how much sweet-talk.
2) Thailand's anti-foreigner laws encourage all the above - on a global scale. Thailand exports its' women.

The above will only massively decline when Western countries introduce Reciprocal Laws - i.e. nationals of countries which ban ownership by Westerners are in turn banned from owning in the West.
But that's a silly zero-sum, no-winner game.
Australia - under John Howard - has developed good interim measures. No finance visas - unless you're a wealthy celebrity.
Unlike the UK, it is now almost impossible for a bar-girl to scam her way into Oz.
Howard's Australia has let in far more Thais than ever before - but only the better ones. Not the worst.
Ian

RE: RE: How will you know if your marriage to your beautiful Thai wife is for real or a marriage of convenience?

Postby AD on Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:24 pm

Robert 11th .,
Good advice Robert, but will they listen! If only they would follow the teachings of the Rev Colin ! and also pay a bit of attention to what Ian has to say about buying property with a Thai wife.
AD

RE: RE: How will you know if your marriage to your beautiful Thai wife is for real or a marriage of convenience?

Postby RJ on Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:39 pm

You said, “These Thai women are fools and only see a passage to a new world that they know nothing about. Once arrived, these women only dream of the time to divorce their husbands and steal a fortune of them legally.”

From the vantage point of the foreigner, you are correct, the Thai women are fools.

But from the vantage point of the Thai girls it is us who are the fools. We open our heart and our wallets and get both stomped on...and it happens again and again. When the Thai girl leaves it is they who are richer. And do they care one bit about your heart?

So, in my opinion, we are the bigger fools for allowing it to happen. We invest in a marriage when all advice says not to.
RJ

RE: RE: How will you ever know?

Postby Aussie John on Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:59 am

Hi Ian.
I'm interested in knowing why you think Thai visa and land ownership laws are so xenophobic.?
I too am an advocate of 'reciprocal laws' for Thai nationals living in Western countries. Yes it is difficult to marry for convience now in Australia but applying for PR once you've met the criteria is attainable and offers a hell of a lot more rights than what Thailands' PR status offers westerners.
I know many Thai students here who come to study for the sole purpose of attaining PR status in Australia. Their parents openly encourage them as well as the many visa and student services operating out of Thailand.
They certainly know their rights once they attain permenancy. Yet when I ask them about their own countries laws they always come up with the popoganda that if westerners were allowed to own land and businesses outright in Thailand they would eventually take over the country.
What a load of rubbish. It's ok for Chinese Thai to own and monopolise everything but a westerner trying to support his wife and family it's not on.
Thais in Autralia can buy land run their very profitable businesses outright but I do'nt seem to see them taking over.
Why do'nt you think foreign embassies such as Australias fight more for the rights of their nationals in Thailand.? There must be some rationale to all the hypocricy. If the laws were more balanced maybe then westerners trying to live in the kingdom could enjoy the same security afforded to the thousands of Thai who are taking advantage of healthy democracies that allow them the very security denied to not so wealthy westerners struggling to stay in Thailand.
Why do western countries sit back and do nothing.? I've never read of any western government complain about the blatant hypocricy that occurs so openly in the kingdom outside of patency abuses.
Why would it be so bad for a westerner to own one rai of land for his family.? I'm sure restrictions and controls could stop unscrupulous westerners trying to take advantage. I've tried researching this subject many times but almost always come up with no rational answers especially from educated Thais who all seem to fall back on the same BS propaganda.
Aussie John

Next

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required