Meeting a suitable girl

Meeting a suitable girl

Postby granpinto on Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:57 pm

Anybody got any tips on the best way to meet a suitable Thai girl for marriage? I live in the Middle East.
granpinto

RE: Meeting a suitable girl

Postby zampa on Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:09 am

why a thai ???...do you think there the only race.....believe me mate...you marry one they are the same anywhere......dont live with the myth their do everything for you...!!!
zampa

Postby maximilien on Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:25 pm

Marry a young thai widow. There are plenty of them (husbands are bad drivers) and the dowry is cheaper !
maximilien

Postby a watcher on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:13 pm

Try to find a girl who deadly seeks for a 'suitable man'.
a watcher

RE: RE: Meeting a suitable girl

Postby KarlS on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:08 pm

My advice is to stay away from ladies in bars and clubs, they have different views and expectations from a relationship. Most Thailand visitors fall in love with those good looking ladies there, but your headaches will start shortly after. A relationship takes time, don't rush into something. Learn about your lady, find out what she is looking for and what she wants in life. Getting to know her family is also very important. Check out her lifestyle and be on the alert when and how frequently she will ask you for money.
The best way to get aquainted with a Thai lady is to travel to Thailand and find her in a shop, restaurant or supermarket.

Good luck!

KS
KarlS

Postby a watcher on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:46 am

For practical advice, most of office working girl is worthy to go on date. Female teacher also does if one has same social status (Thai count much about social, academic rank too).

Hookers in internet is a danger today as most of 'retired commercial ladies' are busily log on in internet shops today. Internet match making is a hoax to avoid.

A trick is, you just travel here with sufficient time, roll and fool in a college campus, try to make a friend out of giggling, peeping girls.
This choice is pretty amusing and worthy to find "Suitable" girl, if you are 'suitable man'.

One thing not to forget is, dont try to reverse your fortune in this new pioneer. Life is same as so so in everywhere in this globe. If you have one, disappointing though, mend it and re-use. This is my last advice.
a watcher

Postby DavidC on Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:33 pm

The reality is that Farang's won't have a chance to meet a girl in a shop, supermarket or others. Because the Thai people look down on Thai women who go with Farang's. The reason is they are a racist nationalistic people, where it is not expected of them to have a relationship with a farang, BELIEVE ME! You ask any Thai woman that question and she will give you that answer. Why do you think Farang's only meet the dark skinned lower socioeconomic women in bars and clubs in Thailand? Because they have to! The middle class fairskinned women will have nothing to do with Farang, they don't need to and they don't want to. They don't want to be looked down upon, BELIEVE ME! They have money, come from good families and want their own Thai men. Unless of course you are attraced to light skinned beautiful lady boy's in Patpong or Pattaya, who look better than most females in Thailand. That is as close as you are gong to get to a beautiful light skinned Thai lady; what a shame, what a bizarre country!
DavidC

Postby AD on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:48 pm

David, i am not so sure about your remarks.
Yes , most of the bar girls of Pat Pong ,Pattaya etc are from the poorer , darker skinned families of farming stock.
But there really are other places to meet Thai girls than those already mentioned. On several occaisions i have been able to strike up conversations with ladies with lighter skin and even had casual dates with them, always treating them with respect, in fact i am still in contact with some after several years. It really depends on yourself, maybe that they are more shy and cautious than the average bar girl who needs the money and has to strike asap. Look again David and don't be too hasty. Anyhow, whats wrong with the darker skinned ladies, i just love them.
AD

Meeting a suitable girl

Postby Theeasywayout on Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:31 am

It's a pity that dark is not seen as beautiful. Well perhaps not a pity, but indicative of deeper bigotries.
I think that the decent dark skinned Isaan girls are as beautiful if not more so than others. A good Isaan chick beats a Chiang Mai snob anyday.
What does colour have to do with beauty anyway?
Theeasywayout

Postby colin howard on Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:44 am

well said AD , beauty is only skin deep,and it comes from within , there seems to be a fixation in thailand on skin colour , which we both know is total garbage , regards , charlie .
colin howard

Next

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required